$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Senior Vase Competition

Senior Vase Competition

This is a discussion for the topic Senior Vase Competition on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Senior Vase Competition  (Read 11047 times)

Breakwell15

• Forum old hand
  • West Leeds 15
Reply #15 on: February 28, 2016, 07:29:36 PM
haha thanks BRB for talking on behalf of 2/3 of our lads that are 'leaving' to Ilkley and finding it hard as they are local lads. Think you know more than they do!

Everyone is vulnerable to poaching of players but I am fairly confident that no one will be leaving.

I do however agree that our centres are very weak  ;)

WL XIII

• A little respect please...
  • "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #16 on: March 01, 2016, 08:48:51 AM
Might do some of our own poaching.
Come after some of you boys in your ivory towers
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #17 on: March 01, 2016, 09:01:13 AM
Now now chap, don't be like that. It'll be good to have a team from the other side of the tracks in Y1. You can do a car wash in our grounds if you wish, raise a few bob for some new security shutters!
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #18 on: March 01, 2016, 09:20:28 AM
"chap"?    :o :o :o
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

WL XIII

• "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #19 on: March 01, 2016, 09:35:16 AM
Careful what you wish for, last thing you want to see is our bar staff in soggy t shirts sponging down your tractor
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #20 on: March 01, 2016, 09:45:10 AM
If they're anything like Salems former barmaids then that sounds acceptable!!

Breakwell15

• Forum old hand
  • West Leeds 15
Reply #21 on: March 01, 2016, 11:22:09 AM
I can confirm, that they are certainly not.  :-*

Muted Response

• Calm on the surface, but paddling like crazy below
Reply #22 on: March 01, 2016, 12:31:14 PM
Careful what you wish for, last thing you want to see is our bar staff in soggy t shirts sponging down your tractor

AAARRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!
I read that and the image came into my head, and I can't get rid of it!!!!

Former salem yb

• Finding my feet
Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 06:13:07 PM
Congratulations to West Leeds for their 115-0 win over Whitley Bay yesterday in the Senior Vase
I see you got the 100+ points you needed, but does that secure home advantage in the next round against Littleborough, or the fact that Barnard Castle didn't turn up, therefore you only have 2 points, do you have to play away?

Is the next round of fixtures on 12th March?

Well done lads!
Cheers MR  ;)

Just found out that's the RFU have said that we need to play Littleborough away now, we have the greater points difference but because Barnard Castle gave us a walkover we only have 2 points whereas Littleborough have 4 from their 2 wins.

We're disappointed but looking forward to the trip over!

Gilly

• One of the boys
Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 06:25:44 PM
Unlucky at least it is probably the nearest club to Yorkshire though. They are a good club so should be a good day. The pitch can be pretty heavy going from memory. Good luck!

old style prop

• anyone seen me tabs.
Reply #25 on: March 02, 2016, 06:47:35 PM
Wetherby had the same in junior vase been given walkover in first couple of games so away on the 12th at wallersey then if we win that the rfu have drawn the north away versus midlands in the semi so not a single home game for us but a few good coach trips hopefully.

Muted Response

• Calm on the surface, but paddling like crazy below
Reply #26 on: March 02, 2016, 11:13:14 PM
Congratulations to West Leeds for their 115-0 win over Whitley Bay yesterday in the Senior Vase
I see you got the 100+ points you needed, but does that secure home advantage in the next round against Littleborough, or the fact that Barnard Castle didn't turn up, therefore you only have 2 points, do you have to play away?

Is the next round of fixtures on 12th March?

Well done lads!
Cheers MR  ;)
Just found out that's the RFU have said that we need to play Littleborough away now, we have the greater points difference but because Barnard Castle gave us a walkover we only have 2 points whereas Littleborough have 4 from their 2 wins.

We're disappointed but looking forward to the trip over!

Has anyone sent a message to the spineless Barnard Castle team for their walkover asking them if anyone in their club had ever checked to see if they had any balls!!
Away fixtures at this level are tough to say the least . . . .
just turn up and give them everything YORKSHIRE has had stored up waiting for them  ;D
that should do the trick  8)
and as for the midlands . . . . . they didn't know what had hit them  :)

Good luck !!  ;)

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 11:16:03 PM by Muted Response »

hoodie

• 4TOTTY
Reply #27 on: March 02, 2016, 11:58:20 PM
I personally have close ties with the club as my wife's family are from there and what I've seen apart from being too posh they're a good set of lads with traditional rugby club values ...however this walk over is so wrong and now WL now have to travel for their next cup fixture is wrong and I can't understand why they forfeit the fixture eventhough if the game was played LW would put a convincing result against then and earned a home advantage game but saying that West Leeds will succeed their way to HQ no matter what ...good luck guys.
Next time I'm in Barny I'm gonna ask questions
Confront the fear, feel the courage, join the battle.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #28 on: March 03, 2016, 06:45:37 AM
For those of you so desperate to reduce the league to 12 and have more cup matches, this is what you have to look forward to. Badly arranged affairs with multiple walkovers etc..

League walkovers are almost non existent and even when an odd team doesn't fulfill a league fixture (like Beverley) that have to play it at a later date.

avinastella

Reply #29 on: March 03, 2016, 07:46:41 AM
For those of you so desperate to reduce the league to 12 and have more cup matches, this is what you have to look forward to. Badly arranged affairs with multiple walkovers etc..

League walkovers are almost non existent and even when an odd team doesn't fulfill a league fixture (like Beverley) that have to play it at a later date.
And WL got nominated for this competition even though they themselves gave a walkover in the Yorkshire Shield.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.