Author Topic: Guis v W.Hills -off  (Read 2882 times)

Offline olfaithful

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Guis v W.Hills -off
« on: April 16, 2016, 12:43:54 PM »
Waterlogged pitches - crazy weather up here.

Offline Guisborough_Town_Red

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Re: Guis v W.Hills -off
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 12:08:06 PM »
Hi,

Are Guizzy RUFC mathematically safe now? They've done well if they are.

I went down the ground yesterday but quickly realised it was off!  :-\ When is this match likely to be rearranged?

Also, who's likely to be in the league for next season? I'm guessing there could be a few clubs swapping leagues as it appears more clubs to the west of England appear to be heading down to this division.

Offline Ribbflagman

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 11:43:27 AM »
I reckon that if wheatley stay up and Middlesborough lose their playoff, then Boro may be asked to move to Yorks one for a season.
Their several combinations that wont be solved until after the playoffs.

Offline nazir4

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 05:44:41 PM »
Guis now safe, but W Hills not so.

Offline backrowbandit

• The Anti-Moderator
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 05:49:15 PM »
I reckon that if wheatley stay up and Middlesborough lose their playoff, then Boro may be asked to move to Yorks one for a season.

I had exactly the same thought today. It could be a very bad one for Middlesbrough to lose....no promotion and a shift across into a league probably 50% tougher than the one they are in!

Although Malton had their goal kicking super fast centre sent off for kicking on Saturday..
WIKIRUGBYLEAKS@GMAIL.COM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR TITBITS AND GOSSIP. TIME FOR YOU FOLKS TO POST YOUR OWN.... It was good while it lasted but its time to pull the curtain down.

Offline nazir4

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 05:51:38 PM »

I had exactly the same thought today. It could be a very bad one for Middlesbrough to lose....no promotion and a shift across into a league probably 50% tougher than the one they are in!

Although Malton had their goal kicking super fast centre sent off for kicking on Saturday..

Was he kicking super fast?

Offline Knackered knee

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 07:00:43 PM »
Hi,

Are Guizzy RUFC mathematically safe now? They've done well if they are.

I went down the ground yesterday but quickly realised it was off!  :-\ When is this match likely to be rearranged?

Also, who's likely to be in the league for next season? I'm guessing there could be a few clubs swapping leagues as it appears more clubs to the west of England appear to be heading down to this division.
I assume the game will be replayed on the 30th. With both northern and hills scrapping for 11th place it will depend on this coming weeks games. If hills take five points this weekend then Even if northern take five, I believe northern go down as the following week even if hills lose and northern take five points they would need a cricket score to overcome score difference. I assume guisborough will want to play the game and so depending on this weekend it may be just a jolly for the hills contingent, however a loss for hills and a win for northern this weekend will put a whole spanner in the works for the hills guys.

Offline avinastella

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 07:10:29 PM »
And Hills have Morley, who still have a slight chance of getting a home draw for their play -off.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Offline Knackered knee

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 07:25:06 PM »
Which ever way it goes over the next two weeks there will be on club rueing the fact that they had a needless five points deducted. Oh what a difference that could have made for either team. 'What will be, will be'

Offline Ribbflagman

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 09:45:47 PM »
BRB am I correct that he will not officially be banned until the next county disciplinary meeting unless the club acts first.

Offline avinastella

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 10:19:53 PM »
BRB am I correct that he will not officially be banned until the next county disciplinary meeting unless the club acts first.
They can't pick him.
Add in the fact it's his 2nd red card this season.

http://www.worldrugby.org/wr-resources/World_Rugby_Handbook/EN/pubData/source/files/Regulation17_1.pdf
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 10:36:13 PM by avinastella »
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Offline backrowbandit

• The Anti-Moderator
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 06:47:51 AM »
Yes the regulations changed two years ago. In fact it is the opposite now Flaggy, they are not permitted to pick him until he has been seen by the disciplinary committee.

I suspect that the offence, coupled with it being his second red will mean he will not get less than two weeks. I haven't looked up the scale for kicking and the different LE to HE manages but the Malton match reporter seemed resigned to losing him...
WIKIRUGBYLEAKS@GMAIL.COM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR TITBITS AND GOSSIP. TIME FOR YOU FOLKS TO POST YOUR OWN.... It was good while it lasted but its time to pull the curtain down.

Offline Oldandslow

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2016, 07:15:45 AM »
Back to GUIs v W Hills.

I can see Northern getting  6points from the last 2games,  1 at home to Pock and if they need it a 5 point win at Beverley.

For me W Hills need to get something this week end against Morley and then a 5 point win against Guis.

Hope I'm wrong.

Offline Burnsy

• Legend of the Game
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2016, 11:02:49 AM »
They can't pick him.
Add in the fact it's his 2nd red card this season.

http://www.worldrugby.org/wr-resources/World_Rugby_Handbook/EN/pubData/source/files/Regulation17_1.pdf

2 red cards in a season? That's even shocked me.
6 Nations Prediction League Winner Due To Botts Generosity 2011

The biggest downside of sudden unexpected death is being unable to delete your Internet search history.

Offline olfaithful

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2016, 07:12:22 PM »
This wks results make games on 30th v.interesting.
Northern need to win @ Bev but Bev have a point to prove.
W.Hills need something @ Guis.
Pity I can't be there but my "apprentice" should get a good pitch ready. Hope Guis are not in holiday mood - sure they wont but ??