$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Club Recruitment

Author Topic: Club Recruitment  (Read 5231 times)

Offline The Mole

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
Re: Club Recruitment
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 10:34:09 AM »
Trufc, imho Rather then advertising for players on the Y1 board Thorne would be better of establishing a settled management team and building on what they have rather then attempting to 'sign' numerous new players season upon season. It seems to have been a regular pattern over the last 5 or 6 years that a new DoR / Head coach would be appointed, new signings would follow only for them and other players to leave later on in the year when that particular set up didnt work out.

Unlike many others on here I think Thorne is a decent club, albeit with a bit of a bad rep, that has the potential to play above it's current league standing.

Offline The Vole

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
    • Conference Call
Re: Club Recruitment
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 10:51:19 AM »
Couldn't agree more Vole. Unless you are paying players, or getting players back who started out with Thorne it is unlikely that you will get players who are a whole lot better than what you have already. You would be better off getting a very good player coach in, if it means paying him a little bit then so be it. That normally would attract players in itself.

I agree Thorne is a good club, with a good history and whenever I have played against you there is always a good crowd down to watch. Although maybe not as big as it used to be you do have a junior section and are the only club in quite a big town - you really should be playing in a higher league than you are, but recruiting 15-20 players a year is not the way forward. It will just alienate the players who are still there from the previous season, and when most of those new recruits inevitably leave you are left with a worse squad than you ended the previous season with.