$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Final season results

Final season results

This is a discussion for the topic Final season results on the board Merit Leagues.

Author Topic: Final season results  (Read 8804 times)

old style prop

• A little respect please...
  • anyone seen me tabs.
Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 11:33:57 AM
Front Row/Sig - just for kicks and to keep the conversation running.

As far as i understood West Park Leeds 2s stopped playing any fixtures and pulled out of the Merit league in December having lost all of their games in the premier merit league including a 100 plus thrashing to Harrogate 2s. So given the 2s that were left, after several had moved to fill spots in first team, had no games to play they would have moved to your 3s. So in essence your 3s became your 2nd team in all but name just playing in the lower merit table. (Well thats my understanding but correct me if im wrong)

On the game in questions brought up by Sigs your 1s had a league game on that day so no chance WPL would have weakened the 1s to strengthen the 2/3s. But as this was now your 2nd team, like all 2nd team they would have had a few players that moved between 1s and 2s based on availabilities etc just as 3rd teams have players that move between 2s and 3s on any particular week.

FrontRowHG

• Finding my feet
Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 12:21:11 PM
We lost a lot of players end of last season so a lot of 2nd team players stepped up to 1s and 3rd team stepped up until xmas to cover the 2s fixtures in which we got a few hidings. Vets covered the 3rd team during this time too. We had a lot of injuries this season too.

So where people think we are a second team playing 3s fixtures, you are wrong. The castleford game we were strengthened by these couple of players returning.

I am sure a few of us have put this on the forum across the season and I'm hoping this is the last time we have to say it :).

old style prop

• A little respect please...
  • anyone seen me tabs.
Reply #17 on: May 06, 2016, 01:21:59 PM
I suppose you could call it the 5th or 6th team if you like but I have always considered the 2nd team selected to be a clubs 2nd team (for clarity this does not mean that it is the same standard as the 2nd team you had in previous years)

Maybe it's just semantics but I like to keep things simple.

sjg

• One of the boys
Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 05:40:22 PM
I arnt going to mention the players name but a quick glance at the yorks discipliniary page will make it quite obviouse who ssid player was

Im not gonna get into a he said she said debate, to be honest i cant be arsed now seasons over but the comments about who were 1st players(returning) and 2nd llayers came from your guys not us, i will play against whoever is put in front of me

As for teams fielding players who usually play higher, it happens, it cant be policed and as far as im aware isnt against any rule so we will take this on the chin my only concern with sides folding teams is surely the lowest side, in your case 3rds should be folded in this scenario not ghe 2nds, at our club if we cancel a game due to low player numbers the lowest team, in our case 3s would be called off before the 2nds so the highest level teams are fielded but this is only my view on how it should work

You came with 12 if i remember rightly and gave a good game of it, always enjoyable playing wpl,always physical :) :)

Im gonna ignore the high shot comments cos we all know were rugby league lads and in this game anything above the nipples seems to be called high these days and people complain every week about us but were used to that by now, our reputation preceeds usftp://

Hope to see you next year albeit i probs went be playing unless i can find a super quick remedy for a balled up back