$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Goodbye Yorkshire 2

Goodbye Yorkshire 2

This is a discussion for the topic Goodbye Yorkshire 2 on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Goodbye Yorkshire 2  (Read 9361 times)

BEZ

• Forum old hand
on: April 30, 2016, 05:25:35 PM
So were relegated. Maybe just 1 game too many for us. Keighley were a class act. And fully deserved it! We will just rest and regroup get our full squad back. and go again next season in Yorkshire 3.

Would just like to say thanks to Chez for everything these last 4-5 years as a player and as a coach. Wish him all best in retirement.

See you soon y2 lads.

Bez. ????

Fireman Sam

• One of the boys
Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 05:35:00 PM
Shame to loose Bez and Chez sounds like a comedy due, can't say the same about that plonker with the single figure IQ who spouts lancashire from your club thou. Maybe get some intellectual banter from Wetherby, not so sure about Thorne! Is Chez no longer coaching? As it would be a shame to loose him.

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 06:22:25 PM
When Scarborough lost in the Semifinal of the national cup last year, Chez (ridiculous name) showed his lack of class and rugby spirit by posting the following:

Ha ha

However I will not stoop to such unsporting ungraciousness....I will say bad luck to Knottingley. I have no doubt you will be back soon. Enjoy Stocksbridge..
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Chez

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 06:55:29 PM
Still find that funny now.. Brb (cool name)

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 06:58:21 PM
Well, the funny thing is I actually found it quite amusing myself when I looked back on it!

thorne 123

• Forum old hand
Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 07:19:44 PM
I will
Try and help bring some banter to Yorkshire 2 looking forward to it t123

Muted Response

• Calm on the surface, but paddling like crazy below
Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 09:18:20 PM
tough luck lads, you really needed to start playing a lot soon!!
but you'll be back up next season.
maybe Bez can now come back and play in the Y2 predictions league.
take it from me, its a lot easier when you don't have to always pick yourself each week.
ask Hoodie  :-[

Cheers, MR  ;)

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 09:28:23 AM
Great effort to try and stay up fellas.  You gave us a real lesson in desire and how it can transform your team a few weeks ago.  Best of luck in Yorkshire three and to Chez whatever his next challenge is.  Cheers boys.

old.n.knawled

• One of the boys
Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 02:44:13 PM
So we're relegated. "We are" would also be acceptable

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 02:46:32 PM by old.n.knawled »

BEZ

• Forum old hand
Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 04:51:56 PM
So we're relegated. "We are" would also be acceptable

[attachment deleted by admin]

hoodie

• 4TOTTY
Confront the fear, feel the courage, join the battle.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #11 on: May 08, 2016, 08:08:15 AM
Agreed....not much call for a library around there I guess... 

WL XIII

• "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #12 on: May 31, 2016, 09:51:12 AM
Goodbye Yorkshire 2.
It Genuinely has been emotional. West Leeds has spent the best part of a decade in Y2 and oddly I feel a little sad to leave it, and not just all the Leeds based clubs.

I'd like to thank all the individuals and clubs that have wished us luck and congratulated us through the season. It makes you realise that we are part of a wider community, and every single message is appreciated and will live long long in our memories. Certainly for me personally, I was terrified I was going to let down Level 8 Yorkshire Rugby and not progress out of the group stage in the National Cup.

The success West Leeds has had this year is unreal and largely out of nowhere. We are pretty much the same group of homegrown lads we have always been. We have put a lot of effort into our social scene and it's paid dividends. It saddens me to think that we are no longer a young team. I remember the day when we was thought of as plucky young kids who would have a bash from anywhere. Them plucky young kids are now grizzled, pragmatic veterans of over a decade of Y2.
I'd like to thank teams like Barnsley, who I used to look forward to playing so much because you boys used to try attack us out wide, when the league was a forward orientated plod fest. Always one of our most challenging fixtures traditionally. Good set of lads, hope you fellas can get up into the top half of the league next year

Moortown who I think have a similar thing to us going on, they have a core group who are coming into there prime. I'm going to miss this fixture, without doubt the toughest game we played this year in all competitions. some serious intensity that day. Draw was pretty fair I thought.

Wath only side to hold us try-less at their place in a game we are all trying to forget.

Testament to the league (which I have doubted its strength as we was winning most weeks) that relegated Knottingley put 24 points on us at our place, more than anyone in over a season. Wasn't the only thing Knottingley put on us >:(
Forgetting about the spirit of rugby for min, any of your boys who weigh approx 13 and half - 14 stone (or Bez) who want to get involved in a charity white collar boxing bout, I'd enjoy a sporting competition where I can throw a few back and even the score.
I think you boys will have way too much for Y3 and will come straight back up. Good luck next season.

Congratulations Keighley on your promotion, you dogged us the whole season. You brought out the best in us, as every week we went out knowing that we needed a BP win, else the Keghkey bogey monster would catch us. Good luck next year boys.

Leo's- have the nicest man playing rugby on planet for them, there old man full back.
Hegians - very good at times this year, I hope you can add a little more depth/be luckier with injuries. There pitch is waaaaaaay better that it was a decade ago.
Teams like Grovians make me excited for the challenge of a new league. I really enjoyed playing them at their place, they defended about 20 phases inside their own 22, was mighty impressive, unfortunately they picked up a few injuries which hindered them.
Away days at Ripon and Old Rish, got a feeling we are gunna need every one of the lessons you taught us lol.

Looking forward to re-acquainting ourselves with old foes like Hullensians next year a place WL have never won, Yarnbury, Selby and Salem (who as it turned out, we played home and away, more than we played Shmeds lol)

It seems a long time ago that we was battling with Donny Phoenix to be "King of the Sh!t" DP, was one of my favorite opponents ever, never any niggle, always a firm track, odd game on Donnys first team pitch (which at time i thought was as close as I'd get to playing in a stadium) they had good banter on pitch and on here. I was genuinely chuffed to bits when they went up and did well.
I suspect emulating Donny Phoenix is too much. But we will attack Y1 with players who learnt to play the game in Y2. Teams will underestimate us at their peril.
This is the best level 8 league in the country. Winning it is our greatest achievement. Good Luck to Ponty next year in the Senior Vase, you guys will smash it!

Peace and Love Hombre's
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:54:01 AM by WL XIII »
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #13 on: May 31, 2016, 10:23:38 AM
Yorkshire 2 rugby Oscars thank you speach.....

WL XIII

• "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 10:48:21 AM
Yorkshire 2 rugby Oscars thank you speach.....

Its polite to say goodbye as you leave. It's been lots of fun down the years
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber