$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Wheatley to Sign entire new backline

Wheatley to Sign entire new backline

This is a discussion for the topic Wheatley to Sign entire new backline on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Wheatley to Sign entire new backline  (Read 10929 times)

kronos47

• A little respect please...
Reply #15 on: June 11, 2016, 09:59:30 AM
Who is running things at Wheatley now?
Sam K player coach, who is the chairman etc Ian?
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

The Vole

• Conference Call
Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 12:00:11 PM
Reading between the lines are you talking about young lads quitting Doncaster for Wheatley? I would be surprised if that were the case - almost all of the regular Doncaster Colts backs from last year figured in our First XV at some point, and love him or hate him they all love playing for Ant Posa who does put a big emphasis on blooding youngsters...

kronos47

Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 08:12:26 AM
As earlier reported, is this happening?
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Burnsy

• Twitter
Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 08:56:51 PM
It'll not happen for the reasons Vole stated, why would they move? Posa is a great coach, maybe a bit too authoritative for me but he certainly gets the best out of his players.

Wheatley have taken the bait from someone who's promised them things that won't happen. They did it a few years back, with the exact same promise and it never happened.
6 Nations Prediction League Winner Due To Botts Generosity 2011

The biggest downside of sudden unexpected death is being unable to delete your Internet search history.

kronos47

Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 09:17:19 PM
For me, Doncaster Phoenix should not be able to host the numbers of people coming through there system/set up, so surely those who don't make it in the DP 1s or 2s or are previous ex first teamers, who have been superseded and still wish to play could well end up at Wheatley, good club and a competitive standard, I think it's just a matter of time.
Ourselves and Sheffield Tigers have swapped several players over the last 10 years, well they buy them in or employ them and incentivise our better players who have come through our club and we take them back when it doesn't work out the way they expected.
Some may say we did the same with Sheffield Medics and dentists, however due to the huge number of student players, they are not encouraged to stay in the club after graduating, hence move to us sometimes upon graduation. Hence the more intelligent and eradite demographic of our club in comparison to your usual rugby club ????????????
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 09:21:18 PM by kronos47 »
*Oscar Wilde 1895

nazir4

• Forum old hand
Reply #20 on: June 22, 2016, 03:49:58 PM
For me, Doncaster Phoenix should not be able to host the numbers of people coming through there system/set up, so surely those who don't make it in the DP 1s or 2s or are previous ex first teamers, who have been superseded and still wish to play could well end up at Wheatley, good club and a competitive standard, I think it's just a matter of time.
Ourselves and Sheffield Tigers have swapped several players over the last 10 years, well they buy them in or employ them and incentivise our better players who have come through our club and we take them back when it doesn't work out the way they expected.
Some may say we did the same with Sheffield Medics and dentists, however due to the huge number of student players, they are not encouraged to stay in the club after graduating, hence move to us sometimes upon graduation. Hence the more intelligent and eradite demographic of our club in comparison to your usual rugby club ????????????

Erudite, Kronos...

kronos47

Reply #21 on: June 22, 2016, 07:34:50 PM

Erudite, Kronos...

Thank you Sir for hi lighting how in actual fact how unerudite I actually am, that and of course we have met, so you know first hand!! ????????
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 07:36:37 PM by kronos47 »
*Oscar Wilde 1895