$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Top two in Yorkshire 1

Top two in Yorkshire 1

This is a discussion for the topic Top two in Yorkshire 1 on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Top two in Yorkshire 1  (Read 22909 times)

Muted Response

• A little respect please...
  • Calm on the surface, but paddling like crazy below
Reply #45 on: July 21, 2016, 12:13:18 PM
I had a Skype conversation with someone heavily involved in Yorkshire club rugby last night. It seems that there could be serious talent heading to Y1 this season.. could be a very strong league...
that said, who will be joining Acklam in the league exchange next season . . . why not start the process now to allow for all the appeals  :-\

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #46 on: July 21, 2016, 01:21:42 PM
I've written down on a piece of paper the four teams I expect to make up the bottom four this year.

There will be at least one big beast in real trouble this season.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Whoopey

• One of the boys
Reply #47 on: July 21, 2016, 01:42:42 PM
Can't leave us hanging!!! Who is it ????????

avinastella

Reply #48 on: July 21, 2016, 01:55:55 PM
I've written down on a piece of paper the four teams I expect to make up the bottom four this year.

The new prop you've signed??
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Oldandslow

Reply #49 on: July 21, 2016, 02:43:51 PM
I had a Skype conversation with someone heavily involved in Yorkshire club rugby last night. It seems that there could be serious talent heading to Y1 this season.. could be a very strong league...
that said, who will be joining Acklam in the league exchange next season . . . why not start the process now to allow for all the appeals  :-\

Great suggestion RH.

Acklam will go back next season and as Middlesborough are favourites for promotion so they will also be out of the level transfer game.

Add in no one from Durham will come if RFU north start now they can cast the net wider. There is Dronfield just south of Sheffield but currently a level 6 club, or anyone else from the Midlands or Lancashire leagues.

RFU North could form a committee to evaluate all the options, it would fill lots of winter nights.

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #50 on: July 21, 2016, 05:28:42 PM
Is it beyond the wit of RFU North to draw up a contingency plan for the outcome of the end of season promotion play off?
Sadly I think it probably is!
D & N 1 side win - no problem but unlikely.
Y 1 side win - play off for place between 13th in Y1 &  3rd in Y2 (No doubt some bright spark will pick holes in this)

Might give us a lifeline lol

Top 2 Predictions Bridlington & one of the serial underacheviers Scarbs or York
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 05:39:47 PM by Ribb Exile in Lancs »

heathen

• Forum old hand
  • DIGNI ESTE FAVORE
Reply #51 on: July 21, 2016, 05:39:33 PM

Great suggestion RH.

Acklam will go back next season and as Middlesborough are favourites for promotion so they will also be out of the level transfer game.

Add in no one from Durham will come if RFU north start now they can cast the net wider. There is Dronfield just south of Sheffield but currently a level 6 club, or anyone else from the Midlands or Lancashire leagues.

RFU North could form a committee to evaluate all the options, it would fill lots of winter nights.
there already is such a committee,and I hear they have started discussing a wide ranges of options.

Ribb Exile in Lancs

Reply #52 on: July 21, 2016, 05:43:02 PM

[/quote
Are you going to lodge your parchment with an adjudicator or just claim you got it right at the end of the season?

Sail By

Reply #53 on: July 28, 2016, 01:15:10 PM
http://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-union/loni-loni-ready-to-make-an-impact-at-silver-royd-1-8038611

With 5 overseas in their squad plus a good group of local youngsters Scabs are my firm favorites to be in top two!!

porkies

Reply #54 on: July 28, 2016, 01:18:13 PM
Wouldn't fancy writing his full name on the team sheet ! Looks like they've recruited yet another coach ; bet he doesn't come cheaply !

Yes, it certainly looks like the rest of us are playing for 2nd place now.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #55 on: July 28, 2016, 01:21:44 PM
Anyone playing us in September will have a treat. We're not at full strength till October. 

WL XIII

• "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #56 on: July 29, 2016, 10:12:43 AM
Seems like a great acquisition for Scarborough, but imo seems like a backwards step for the guy
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #57 on: July 29, 2016, 10:57:13 AM
As long as it takes him 2 years to realise!

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #58 on: July 29, 2016, 10:58:41 AM
Also most kiwis have impressive reading rugby CVs but as we all know it doesn't always quite translate to on the field.  Tim will tell...

Sail By

Reply #59 on: July 29, 2016, 11:48:36 AM
Who is Tim?