$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Possible return of Ilkley to NE1

Possible return of Ilkley to NE1

This is a discussion for the topic Possible return of Ilkley to NE1 on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Possible return of Ilkley to NE1  (Read 12647 times)

kronos47

• A little respect please...
on: August 03, 2016, 06:15:51 PM
So just putting it out there but Ilkley have lost the services of
Chapman
Petchey
Pickersgill
Kimba
Johnson
To name a few of 7 players mentioned on there web site and have recruited many more but none it seems of the standard of some of the outgoing, several it appears from OGs.

How will it affect the Ilkley boys in what looks like a very tough Nat3N.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 08:12:26 PM by kronos47 »
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Muted Response

• Calm on the surface, but paddling like crazy below
Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 07:13:33 AM
and what about OG's, who did well to survive in Y2 last season!?

Fireman Sam

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 01:59:03 PM
I know it has been mentioned regarding OG's No 8 who seemed to be their best player, but even he is not up to Nat 3 N. I would say he was just Y1 standard with no other players for me standing out that they were anything above Y2. Doesn't sound too promising for Ilkley then for the coming season.

boing

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 04:32:25 PM
How good were the 5 that left?  I ask because 2 of the new signings have recent N1 experience and another has played for England U18's and is attached to Donny, so if these new lads are inferior, the 5 that left must have been outstanding at this level.

Shed

• Forum old hand
Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 06:52:05 PM
How good were the 5 that left?  I ask because 2 of the new signings have recent N1 experience and another has played for England U18's and is attached to Donny, so if these new lads are inferior, the 5 that left must have been outstanding at this level.

Jack Maplesden is one of the best scrum halves i've seen at the u18 - u20 age range, has been with Saracens in the past, very very good player

kronos47

Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 10:02:52 PM
I know it has been mentioned regarding OG's No 8 who seemed to be their best player, but even he is not up to Nat 3 N. I would say he was just Y1 standard with no other players for me standing out that they were anything above Y2. Doesn't sound too promising for Ilkley then for the coming season.

I don't think the OGs 8 is one of the players joining Ilkley. However I maybe wrong....
*Oscar Wilde 1895

boing

• One of the boys
Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 09:17:30 AM

Jack Maplesden is one of the best scrum halves i've seen at the u18 - u20 age range, has been with Saracens in the past, very very good player
Exactly, looking at who left without examining who is coming in simply because some are from OG's seems a bit slack to me, but I'm sure Ilkley will be happy for people to underestimate them.

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 10:37:02 AM

OG's 8 has gone to Salem you plant pot!

Muted Response

• Calm on the surface, but paddling like crazy below
Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 11:08:19 AM

Why?  ???

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 02:58:48 PM

Why?  ???

I dunno?  :o

avinastella

Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 03:51:33 PM

Why?  ???
Why not?
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

kronos47

Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 05:07:00 PM
Travel, environment, style of play, on and off field support..

All good reasons to choose Bradford Salem over West Leeds or Yarnbury etc.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Ribbflagman

Reply #12 on: August 06, 2016, 12:51:53 PM
Salem always seem to attract players due to the tropical atmosphere, premiership facilities and their amiable supporters. Oh I forgot, and their attractive barmaids.!!!!!!

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #13 on: August 08, 2016, 12:57:31 PM
I really wouldn't be worrying about Ilkley, they will be aboslutely fine this year.  Regards the OG players, two of them have moved to Ilkley and it is closer for them, I'm not sure they are moving there to play first team rugby.  Martyn Mitchell could definitely play for the first team, sadly we only had him for about four games last year due to injury.  If he is fit, he will be involved in the squad, without a doubt.

kronos47

Reply #14 on: August 08, 2016, 06:06:42 PM
Dan what position does Martyn play?
*Oscar Wilde 1895