$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; *BANTER PAGE * Week 6

Author Topic: *BANTER PAGE * Week 6  (Read 1976 times)

Offline backlash

• Legend
    • View Profile
*BANTER PAGE * Week 6
« on: October 05, 2016, 11:25:42 AM »
Thought i would start this up this week as i enjoy reading the comments whilst trying to pass time by whilst i should be working  :D

Leodensians v Barnsley - Played both this season, pretty similar sides but the Barnsley backs will edge this.
Old Rishworthians v Moortown - Game of the week, physical encounter expected, Town well up for this clash!
Ripon v Sheffield Medicals - Ripon to take it with home advantage
Thornensians v Roundhegians - Hegians downward spiral begun?
Wath-upon-Dearne v Old Grovians - Wath to downhearten the 12 remaining grovians
West Park Leeds v Old Crossleyans - Ye Old 9 gone quiet lately - great moment of realisation Y3 a possibility next year  :-\
Wetherby v Pontefract - First real big test for Wetherby, very close game IMO, Ponte to edge
The pub is as much a part of rugby as is the playing field.

Offline Oldandslow

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
    • View Profile
Re: *BANTER PAGE * Week 6
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 06:34:44 PM »
Leodensians v Barnsley - Bransley on the up easy away win, Leos already planning for Y3.
Old Rishworthians v Moortown - Game of the weekend going for Moortown just but it will be tight. Moortown I expect already planning for Y1 next year by booking more flights from down under.
Ripon v Sheffield Medicals - Ripon by plenty.
Thornensians v Roundhegians - Thorn but not by many.
Wath-upon-Dearne v Old Grovians - Wath pack to flatten any few fit Grovians.
West Park Leeds v Old Crossleyans - Both would be relegation contenders but for Leos, hope Crossleyans win as I would rather they avoid the drop.
Wetherby v Pontfract - Wetherby if there forwards stop Ponte getting any ball, if Ponte get 40% of the possession then Ponte by 10 points.

oldmanrip

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 09:26:02 AM »
Leodensians v Barnsley - can't see Leos beating the drop this year and Barnsley improving
Old Rishworthians v Moortown - expecting a cracker here, Rish to edge a high scoring tight one
Ripon v Sheffield Medicals - a good win for Rip although have had problems against the students previously, hopefully not this time!!!!
Thornensians v Roundhegians - think hegians may take this one
Wath-upon-Dearne v Old Grovians - wath to win, although last weeks injuries may take their toll, hope all recovering well but OGs in same boat
West Park Leeds v Old Crossleyans - basement battle here but think WPL will edge it with home advantage
Wetherby v Pontfract - ponte will get enough ball to run wetherby around and pick up an away win!!!

Offline hobbo

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 09:33:45 AM »
Leos v Barnsley - looking forward to this game, enjoy playing Leos.  I'll try and stick one on Greenprawn if he's playing  ;D
Rish v Town - very close this.  Rish seem to be hitting their straps and Town really do fancy themselves this year
Ripon v Meds - Meds a decent side and will pick up wins, don't think it will be here though
Throne v Hegians - Close one, don't really care about the outcome.
Wath v Grovs - Groves squad depth been more than tested, think Wath will nab it.
WPL v Crocs - Crocs, just... especially if their forward pack gets some dominance
Weth v Ponte - Big game for Ponte to see if they are true contenders. 

Good luck to all   :)

Offline ye olde 9

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 02:23:57 PM »
Backlash, sorry mate just been busy at work. We need a win Saturday period!!. Lets see what comes.

Offline backlash

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 02:31:04 PM »
Backlash, sorry mate just been busy at work. We need a win Saturday period!!. Lets see what comes.

I think you should, your defo the stronger of the 2 after playing both this season, WPL must have the smallest winger i've seen, nearly the size of my 10 year old  :D although the lad has a great step and put this body on the line in tackles, credit to him - fresh from the colts maybe?
The pub is as much a part of rugby as is the playing field.

Offline sliotar

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 04:57:05 PM »
Leodensians v Barnsley - Leos are better than their position but Barnsley to have too much
Old Rishworthians v Moortown - bottled it with the draw!! usually have the edge in the forwards so it'll come down to the battle of the centres to see who wins this one
Ripon v Sheffield Medicals - dud game of the week
Thornensians v Roundhegians - surprised hegains turned over Weth but think Thorn have the forwards to match and take the pts
Wath-upon-Dearne v Old Grovians - with the 101 injuries it's just a glorified tnp game
West Park Leeds v Old Crossleyans - WPL did have a fair few colts out and really do seem to be struggling for numbers. fear for them this yr
Wetherby v Pontfract - both coming off loses so interesting to see whos' stronger. 2 on the bounce will hurt Ponte for promo this early in the season