$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 19/11/2016

Results 19/11/2016

This is a discussion for the topic Results 19/11/2016 on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Results 19/11/2016  (Read 3167 times)

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
on: November 20, 2016, 04:56:19 PM
It seems that Yorkshire 2 posters have fallen by the wayside. Anyway 15 tries at Sheffield Medicals yesterday for Old Rishworthians in their 99-0 victory.
That's 76 for the season so far.

leg

• Legend
Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 06:30:26 PM
Was at Far Moss in the freezing cold - good game from Town. We did comment that the Old Groviand 10 better be good in his pink boots. And fair play, he was - strong in the tackle, fast and good boot on him. However, Town were impressive and the handling was top notch seeing as it was so cold and they play the game at a fantastic pace.

Oldandslow

• A little respect please...
Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 08:53:35 AM
Was at Ponte, game was as I expected Ponte's backs v Roundhegians forwards.

Ponte will think they got away with the win.  Roundhegians missed two try scoring chances and overall lost because they tried to play too much rugby. Had they kept playing their forward game I think would have just shaded the game.

I truth neither side look a Yorkshire 1 side.

sliotar

• Forum old hand
Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 10:36:48 AM
we are playing Hegians and Ponte in the next 2 weeks so that should either open up a gap at the top and give Rish and us a nice buffer or put a few teams back in the mixer.

struggle to see how a uni team can struggle to put out full teams. they must have the biggest pool of players to pick from in this league. Unless all the students WPL have pulled in recently are from Shmeds!!!

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 10:39:35 AM
Wasn't at the match but Barnsley had a good win against local rivals Wath at Shaw Lane 36-19 the final score.  Can't comment on anything factual as I wasn't there but I will guess that a lot of the Wath lads did a lot of moaning to the ref as it is what they do best  ;)

Thread Killer

• One of the boys
Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 12:42:04 PM
This is far too much chat so it's time to unleash my curse.

LEOS v Thornensians wasn't a bad game. I believe Thorne had plenty missing. Not sure why but don't think for a second the return fixture will be the same.

From our part Leos were dissapointed not to be more convincing but a win is a win and Thorne stuck at it well.

If the ref blew every time their touch line shouted "offside" there would have been 179 penalties to Thorne. Don't get it myself. Nice way to spend an afternoon, drive to Leeds and abuse the ref.  As is the norm the players seem good lads and get on with it.

Oldandslow

Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 03:10:19 PM
we are playing Hegians and Ponte in the next 2 weeks so that should either open up a gap at the top and give Rish and us a nice buffer or put a few teams back in the mixer.

struggle to see how a uni team can struggle to put out full teams. they must have the biggest pool of players to pick from in this league. Unless all the students WPL have pulled in recently are from Shmeds!!!

Shmeds  are are open club and don't just rely on the uni for players. Last season I was told 50% of their players were non Meds. So all the more confusing.

What can be a problem is uni medical fixtures, in London the United Medical Cup which is played between 6 London medical school is more important than any league rugby.

old style prop

• anyone seen me tabs.
Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 06:44:30 PM
Just the nature of the beast with Uni teams. Yes they have great numbers to chose from but turn around is quite fast so they can get a good bunch together and they all leave within a couple of years of each other. Unfortunately this occasionally means that a good few years can get them up the leagues then they all leave and the next bunch have a couple of hard years. That said nothing that the rest of us don't face over time.

Chances are they will drop to Y3 and go great guns next year, just hope they stick at it this season.