$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; 12 YES 12 overseas players to Malton

12 YES 12 overseas players to Malton

This is a discussion for the topic 12 YES 12 overseas players to Malton on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: 12 YES 12 overseas players to Malton  (Read 9832 times)

Knackered knee

• Finding my feet
Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 08:51:19 AM
If clubs want to go down the route of overseas players then that is for them to decide. What needs to be correct is the paperwork and that the players have the correct visas allowing them the right to be a contracted player entitled to receive payment or benefits in kind in exchange for rugby. Or indeed a visa enabling them to work whilst playing amateur rugby. The club also has to look at the affect it has on their home grown lads disappearing off to play for other clubs as they have been overlooked in the pursuit of the club looking to remain in the league or indeed progress upwards.

Vernerial

• Finding my feet
Reply #16 on: October 12, 2016, 03:43:15 PM
In 2011, 7.5million people lived in the UK who were born outside of these shores. People of many nationalities.... do you count these as "imports", what about people with different colour skin?

Perhaps you could define your (UKIP) definition of "imports"?
25% of children born in England in 2015 were to mothers born outside of the UK, interesting stats that inform us of our society, but hardly relevant to my point, I am disappointed you thought to introduce migration into this chat, shows more about your politics than mine!.

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • A little respect please...
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #17 on: October 12, 2016, 04:39:40 PM
Just another disgruntled Remainian who can't accept the democratic voice  ::)
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

kronos47

• A little respect please...
Reply #18 on: October 12, 2016, 06:23:34 PM
We Sheffield don't have many players from overseas, we have in the past had a couple of Saffas and Kiwis but not for a while now5-15 years.
We have loads of fellas passing through, Canadians, Yanks, Spanish, Nigerians even the occasional Japanese chap.
It's not so much getting them over that I feel is an issue, it's the looking after them, as I suppose it's what's on offer, accommodation, work etc. back in the day we had a lot of ex uni lads who lived in a big house and the overseas fellas would eventually move in there and have social life and get a job.
We have had a couple of Kiwi boys as well tbf who came and stayed had a family etc.
That is not available theses days and maybe it's the nature of our club, that it seems these guys as I have looked into it need accommodation and a decent job and we seem to struggle with that for a variety of reasons
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895