Author Topic: Thanks from Novos  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Novocastrian

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Thanks from Novos
« on: February 09, 2017, 05:59:55 PM »
I read this from the 'West Leeds Dispatch' and all at Novos would just like to thank you for the kind words.

The most important story today wasn’t really on the paddock. Last year Barnard Castle chickened out of a fixture and cost Wests a home quarter final. Novocastrians are made of better stuff, a club with a fine history who know about the spirit of the game, they have seen the highs and lows and through it all retained their dignity and respected the traditions of the game.
Novo’s are in a relegation battle, they admitted they expected a possible 100-point defeat, yet they fulfilled the fixture and fielded the strongest side available. They offered wonderful hospitality for which everyone at West Leeds thanks them.
Novocastrians are a club who deserve to survive this season and flourish in the future, they are everything community rugby is about.
West Leeds move into the quarter final with a home fixture against Aspatria from Cumbria.

We would also like to thank all of the travelling West Leeds players and supporters for being fantastic guests! You spent plenty over the bar! We hope you enjoyed your day and night in Newcastle - hopefully we'll see you and a few others from Yorkshire One and North One East in the not too distant future - we're slowly but surely progressing again as a club - although not as quickly as West Leeds it seems!

Good luck with the promotion challenge - if you do play away to Northern or Westoe in the play off, I'm sure there'll be plenty from Novos there to cheer both sides on!

Offline Oldandslow

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks from Novos
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 07:02:17 AM »
Well done Novos.

I have very happy memories of playing at Novos. Many moon ago they used to play Ponte and I made my 1st team debut there as a young 19 year old about to leave for Uni.

Great club glad to hear you are on the way back.

Offline singapore slinger

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 09:40:57 AM »
really enjoyed the game, novo's a great set of lads. i promise im not getting ahead of myself here, just generally out of interest i am assuming that the playoff is at a neutral ground, any ideas when/where it gets played?
Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer

Offline avinastella

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 10:17:53 AM »
Team with the best record for season get home advantage, I do believe.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Offline old style prop

• anyone seen me tabs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 01:10:53 PM »
last season my understanding was the team with best record got home draw in the quarters but for the semifinal against the midlands team it was drawn by the RFU so just a pot luck 50/50 job - may be wrong but that was the explanation i had given to me at the time from the powers that be at the RFU

Offline Muted Response

• Calm on the surface, but paddling like crazy below
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 07:10:33 PM »
last season my understanding was the team with best record got home draw in the quarters but for the semifinal against the midlands team it was drawn by the RFU so just a pot luck 50/50 job - may be wrong but that was the explanation i had given to me at the time from the powers that be at the RFU
i think they are discussing the play-off between Y1 and D&N1 second place finishers for promotion into NE1  ;)