« on: February 18, 2017, 03:01:14 PM »
Yarnbury 13- Brid 12 ht

Offline avinastella

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
Re: Scores
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 03:56:38 PM »
Salem 33 - 23 Selby
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Offline Morriarty

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 03:57:01 PM »
ft yarnbury 13 Brid 29 includes 5 tries
Yarnbury very good side led most of the game certain they will stay up deserve to

Offline backrowbandit

• The Anti-Moderator
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 04:10:39 PM »
Beverley 35-27 Scarborugh
WIKIRUGBYLEAKS@GMAIL.COM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR TITBITS AND GOSSIP. TIME FOR YOU FOLKS TO POST YOUR OWN.... It was good while it lasted but its time to pull the curtain down.

Offline west vale lad

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 04:11:00 PM »
Keighley 19 v 17 Heath. Last minute try by Keighley apparently.

Offline Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 04:48:20 PM »

Acklam      7 - 61   York
Beverley   35 - 27   Scarborough
Bradford Salem   33 - 23   Selby
Hullensians      5 - 51   West Leeds
Keighley      19 - 17   Heath
North Ribblesdale      8 - 22   Old Brodleians
Yarnbury      13 - 29   Bridlington
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Offline backrowbandit

• The Anti-Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 06:39:33 PM »
Scarborough went into this match knowing that only a victory would keep our very slim chances of a playoff spot alive. Sadly Beverley were better for large chunks of the match and Scarborough had a bit of an off day. Towards the end of the match it looked like Scarborough were going to come back and win and suddenly started dominating like they really should have been for more of the game. Two quick tries and on the hunt for the final killer try and it looked like all would be OK..but then yet another mindless penalty in front of the posts and Beverley were more than a score ahead. A last try right at the end gave Bev the bonus point and Scarborough nothing.

To be fair, Beverley played well and their 8,9 and 15 were outstanding on the day. Junior Tupai is still a class act at 43 and his fitness was something we could do with! Bev looked relaxed as they has nothing to play for as far as play-offs were concerned and it suited their style of play. We looked more tense knowing that a win was required.

The game was excellent to watch and played in a super spirit. The ref was even handed and consistent. (The Bev coach suffers from a touch of botty mouth....!)

As for the day as a whole I thoroughly enjoyed it. We were lucky enough to be part of Beverley's past Captains day which included an interesting talk by their oldest living Captain. The hospitality was suburb, we couldn't have been looked after better. It really felt as though we were amongst friends and although the result was disappointing, in a way it doesn't matter. There are many links between our clubs and both being in Y1 next year is no bad thing when we can enjoy days like this. The topic of conversation did move onto a particular club in Y1 who could do well to learn some of the traditions of rugby, such as saying hello to people who have bothered to travel to your club. It seems both Beverley and Scarborough had the same experience at one clubhouse - playing well is only one aspect of being a true rugby club!

So, pity about the result but excellent day spent with good people and a very entertaining match....
WIKIRUGBYLEAKS@GMAIL.COM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR TITBITS AND GOSSIP. TIME FOR YOU FOLKS TO POST YOUR OWN.... It was good while it lasted but its time to pull the curtain down.

Offline borodunny

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 10:15:01 PM »
BRB come on name names?! Although wind up merchants probably don't get much of a red carpet....and remind me, how long did your lads stay at Acklam?

Offline Morriarty

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 12:04:44 AM »
Not surprised at Beverley,s  win over Scarborough said some weeks ago after Brid played them  that Beverley were a good side which was not accepted by some !!
Hard win for Brid today but thanks to our new forward coach Sean Fern  ex Brid  player in our past good days Sean managed the side well today in the absence of club coach who was on school duty .
Very impressed with Yarnbury unlucky not to get something today well coached and well drilled team .

Offline backrowbandit

• The Anti-Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 06:52:16 AM »
BRB come on name names?! Although wind up merchants probably don't get much of a red carpet....and remind me, how long did your lads stay at Acklam?

Excellent reception at Acklam, well received and looked after. I wasn't aware that Beverley were wind up merchants? Don't borodunny old chap it's not you!

Offline Downandout

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 11:26:53 AM »
Great game to watch yesterday. Beverley were great and as a group of supporters, we think there is more potential to come which is exciting. Scarborough just weren't allowed to get going by the Bev defence and their big runners were chopped. If the 10 hadn't of gone off I don't think that Scarborough would have gotten back Into it as much. On the whole, the scarbough boys were pretty good lads. There were a few delinquents and the coach who maybe need to look at how to lose gracefully. Nothing wrong with being passionate -every club has them- but we all need to take a loss and admit we were beaten by a better side (like we did on the first fixture). But a positive game, played in great spirits with the Scarborough lads staying for a few beers. On another note, I've watched most games this season. I think Beverley must have the youngest playing squad and coaching set up in the league. Exciting times.

Offline Mosh Dad

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 07:09:06 PM »
Thanks BRB for your compliments regarding the game at Beverley yesterday. It was a thoroughly enjoyable game and would have still been even had the result gone the other way. We really enjoyed hosting you at Beaver Park and look forward to seeing you again next year.