Author Topic: Only playing for pride and relegation  (Read 1673 times)

Offline omigidiant

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Only playing for pride and relegation
« on: March 24, 2017, 11:04:38 PM »
It looks like the top of Y1 are now all playing for pride of place as Brid look almost unbeatable and I can't see Leeds relinquishing 2nd place. At the bottom I think Acklam's valiant effort is doomed to failure so it lies with Rib, Selby and Yarn to fight out the other bottom place. In a season where potentially every team had the ability to beat all their opponents it seems surprising that with 3 weeks to go it's all over bar the shouting. Whilst I think the top is open and shut, I think the winner of the Selby/Ribb game will see them safe as Yarbury have in my opinion the more difficult run in and are favourites to take the other bottom spot, but it could all change if one of these teams has a bad run. It's interesting. York look far enough ahead to take 3rd place and Scarborough have probably the best run in and should retain 4th spot leaving Brods and Beverley to fight out 5th and 6th. Only my opinion, and no doubt there will be many dissenters but then it wouldn't be very interesting if we all agreed.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Offline backrowbandit

• The Anti-Moderator
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
    • View Profile
Re: Only playing for pride and relegation
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 05:23:03 AM »
A fair assessment - although the Brid  V Beverley match does offer a little bit of interest at the top.
WIKIRUGBYLEAKS@GMAIL.COM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR TITBITS AND GOSSIP. TIME FOR YOU FOLKS TO POST YOUR OWN.... It was good while it lasted but its time to pull the curtain down.

Offline Oldandslow

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 11:40:21 AM »
Don't think it over yet at the bottom.

May be a bit clearer after today with Selby v Ribb & Yarnbury v  Acklam playing but I've always expected @ the bottom it will go to the last Saturday.

I'm a guest @ Selby today so will post about that game later.

Online Ribb Exile in Lancs

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 06:39:11 PM »
Interesting but think Ribblesdale have a more difficult run in, away to Selby,
relegation rivals, & then 3 final games are against top three.

Offline WL XIII

• "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 11:26:05 AM »
15 points still up for grabs. We are only 5 points clear. I've no doubt York are good enough to take the remaining 15.
Beverly Saturday will be tough at their place. Bev can boast 3rd most wins in the league. From my point of view it'll have to go right down to the wire.
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

Offline backrowbandit

• The Anti-Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 11:59:29 AM »
I think you're right and there will still be twists and turns. However don't underestimate York's ability to lose games they should win (equal to that of Scarborough!).

For that reason my money is on WL for second, even if you drop a match...
WIKIRUGBYLEAKS@GMAIL.COM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR TITBITS AND GOSSIP. TIME FOR YOU FOLKS TO POST YOUR OWN.... It was good while it lasted but its time to pull the curtain down.

Offline Oldandslow

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 02:26:16 PM »
Ribb, Yarnbury and Selby all have three difficult games left, but it now look like Yarnbury or Selby for the second relegation spot.

I think it will come down to one unexpected win. Will Scarborough help Selby out for a second season?

I now expect West Leeds to take the promotion playoff spot.

Offline backrowbandit

• The Anti-Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 04:17:10 PM »
We've already had the phonecall from muted and sail by. We're considering our options.

Bob, do you Yarnbury boys want to put a bid in?

Offline Ribbflagman

• The lord of the Manor...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 04:39:06 PM »
Bob can't respond until Tuesday as I have it very good authority he is away in Whitby on a recruitment/fishing break😆😆

Online Ribb Exile in Lancs

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 05:11:48 PM »
welcome back