$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions 08/04/17

Author Topic: Predictions 08/04/17  (Read 2497 times)

Offline Dropped It

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Predictions 08/04/17
« on: April 04, 2017, 11:32:40 AM »
Aireborough vs Goole

Halifax Vandals vs Old Otliensians

Knottingley vs Halifax

Leeds Medics and Dentists vs Castleford

Leeds Modernians vs Baildon

Stocksbridge vs Harrogate Pythons

Wensleydale vs Northallerton

Offline Dropped It

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: Predictions 08/04/17
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 11:54:51 AM »
Aireborough vs Goole - Goole will only have a problem if Airborough can manage to keep the ball. If Goole get the ball out wide they will score plenty. Goole by 20+.

Halifax Vandals vs Old Otliensians - How many Vandals win by will depend on how many Otliensians decide to 'rest' again. Can't see Vandals slipping up this close to the end, at home. Vandals to get the 4 tries they need and win by 10.

Knottingley vs Halifax - Knottingley putting 24 on Northallerton should be enough indication they have what it takes to beat Halifax. Discipline is the major thing to swing it against Knottingley. They can complain about refs slanting against them but both matches I have seen them play they have had at least one red and one yellow card. Knottingley by 7.

Leeds Medics and Dentists vs Castleford - Fancy Cas for this being so close to Easter. Surprise of the week. Cas by 10+

Leeds Modernians vs Baildon - Tightest game of the week. Mods at home, just. Mods by 5.

Stocksbridge vs Harrogate Pythons - Survival of the fittest in 2nd vs 3rd from bottom. From what I saw of Pythons last week they need an 80min display on the form of their first half against Vandals. Stocks are hard to break down. Get it to that winger enough and it will be possible to beat them. Stocks for me though. Stocks by 12.

Wensleydale vs Northallerton - Derby Day. North in my opinion have a bit too much for Wensleydale. North by 7.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 11:58:29 AM by Dropped It »

Offline Pig

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 11:22:08 PM »
Aireborough vs Goole

Goole by loads to seal promotion.

Halifax Vandals vs Old Otliensians

Vandals to start off a decent party, Ensians focusing on the silver trophy

Knottingley vs Halifax

Knotts to win by plenty and get back to winning ways. Be interested to know exactly what has happened there since Xmas. We beat them at theirs but they still looked capable of going up, we just had a good day.

Medics by a cricket score on that pitch. Cas are big ball carriers but won't have the gas out wide to deal with Medics.

I'll comment on this as I'm not around. Im going home win.... currently thinking about the ones that got away this season!

Stocks will throw everything at this and its a tough place to go and get a result, could go either way but I'm saying home win, just, to take the relegation scrap to the last weekend!

North easy, one for the Pigs I reckon, right up my street!

Offline Vandals10

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 11:36:24 AM »
Aireborough vs Goole - Would like for Aireborough to do us a favour but realistically a bonus point win for Goole here.

Halifax Vandals vs Old Otliensians - ??

Knottingley vs Halifax - Tough game for Halifax but Knottingley not on the best run of form. Think Knottingley will edge a victory at home though.

Leeds Medics and Dentists vs Castleford - Medics should be too quick out wide for Cas

Leeds Modernians vs Baildon - Mods at home for me

Stocksbridge vs Harrogate Pythons - Game of the week! Real relegation battle. If last week is anything to go by then pythons will cause Stocks a lot of problems. Too close to call!

Wensleydale vs Northallerton - Another good game here. Think the Northallerton pack will be too strong for Wensleydale though. A very tight away win.

Good luck all

Offline gateprop

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 01:07:26 AM »
Aireborough v Goole - Goole looking for a win to confirm their promotion. In decent conditions they should have too much for Aire.

Vandals v Otliensians - I think Ensians' fitness and ability to work the ball wide will cause Vandals problems. Going for an away upset.

Knottingley v Halifax - according to comments by other teams Knottingley seem to be playing OK despite bad results so imagine this would be a comfortable home win.

Leeds Medics v Castleford - depends if all the students have gone home for Easter. Medics to win if they haven't, Cas to win if they have.

Leeds Mods v Baildon - Mods at home.

Stocksbridge v Pythons - huge game for us. We've been playing really well for chunks of matches for a while but need to make that and 80 minute performance. Backing us to win in what should be a fiercely fought match.

Wensleydale v Northallerton - could go either way. Dale, just.

Offline Jimmy85

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 01:25:08 PM »
Aireborough v Goole    -    An Aireborough win by more than 7 points would be great thanks lads!!  ;D In reality, I would imagine it'll be Goole in red-hot form, with an easy bonus point win to make the last round of games interesting. Goole by 40.

Vandals v Otliensians    -     >:( 

Knottingley v Halifax    -    Knottingley on a stinking run of form. Hope Fax can go out on a high but, missing their main man, I think they might get bullied. Fitness looked to be a big issue for Fax at our place as well, so I'm saying a tight game until late on, then Knottingley to pull away and win it. Knottingley by 14.

Leeds Medics v Castleford    -    Total guess work trying to predict a Medics game! As most other have said, depends which of the students have gone home for Easter. Medics to win by 30 if they're close to full strength, Cas to win by 30 if they're not!

Leeds Mods v Baildon    -    Two mid-table sides, probably capable of a lot more with a couple of new additions and a bit of luck on their side. Mods having the better end to the season. Mods by 14.

Stocksbridge v Pythons    -    Pythons played with a very good tempo in the first half against us, but ran out of steam after half time. Some big lads in the pythons pack, but they don't have any grunt or aggression about them. Dangerous in the backs though with some decent runners, if they can get hold of the ball. Stocks play their pitch well and will be too strong up front for pythons to handle. Stocksbridge by 7

Wensleydale v Northallerton    -    Two really good sides who I wouldn't be surprised to see pushing top two spots next year. Enjoyed playing both, good sets of lads and good clubs. Could go either way so I'll just go with home advantage and say Wensleydale by 5.

Good luck all!!

Offline ClbNrg

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 02:21:28 PM »
Aireborough vs Goole - Based on our recent game with Aire in the silver trophy, Goole.

Halifax Vandals vs Old Otliensians - This will be tough. League and cup games are taking their toll with knocks etc and Pig is right, the lads to have one eye on those cups.

Knottingley vs Halifax - Should be knotts.

Leeds Medics and Dentists vs Castleford - Last week Medics were a very very good side. Is that side still here for the hols?? Probably not so going for Cas

Leeds Modernians vs Baildon - Mods finishing the season very strongly, Baildon started the season very strongly. Momentum with Mods, home win.

Stocksbridge vs Harrogate Pythons - This is the game to watch. Who wants this more? Stocks no wins on the road but very strong at home. Stocks won 7 on the bounce at home so going for them.

Wensleydale vs Northallerton - Close home win

All the best

Relieved

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 06:51:13 PM »
Can anyone help me here as to the etiquette involved in conforming Yorkshire Three games. Every Sunday evening I confirm our home game for the following Saturday with our opponents and also the visiting referee. On many occasions this season I have had to ring our opponents fixture secretary to ask them if we are expected for the game. Is this not expected anymore, if not I will save myself 13 phone calls - has anyone else found this not happening. I still don't know if we are playing away at Leeds Medics & Dentists tomorrow. Come on students we will be coming of course but it costs nothing for the call.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 07:44:29 AM by Relieved »

Offline Pig

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 11:50:08 PM »
Can anyone help me here as to the etiquette involved in conforming Yorkshire Three games. Every Sunday evening I confirm our home game for the following Saturday with our opponents and also the visiting referee. On many occasions this season I have had to ring our opponents fixture secretary to ask them if we are expected for the game. Is this not expected anymore, if not I will save myself 13 phone calls - has anyone else found this not happening. I still don't know if we are playing away at Sheffield Medics & Dentists tomorrow. Come on students we will be coming of course but it costs nothing for the call.

I'd probably start by ringing the Leeds Medics fixture secretary rather than the Sheffield Medics one.....

Offline Boatracer

• Forum old hand
  • Lose on the pitch, win by the bar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 12:05:25 PM »
Aireborough vs Goole

Halifax Vandals vs Old Otliensians - to make it interesting.

Knottingley vs Halifax

Yes, my scrum cap is wee coloured...