$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Down the the last week

Down the the last week

This is a discussion for the topic Down the the last week on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Down the the last week  (Read 6135 times)

krisleeds

• One of the boys
on: April 08, 2017, 08:56:23 PM
Heath Vs Yark
Ribb Vs West Leeds
Scabs Vs Selby
Keefley Vs Sea Anglers

West Leeds need to win to get second, but could still be overtaken by Yark depending.on bonus points.

Selby and Sea Anglers need to win and Ribb lose to stay up.

Level on points no good as Ribb have won more games.

I'm gonna go with Yark bonus point win.
Ribb to Lose but get a bonus point.

Can't see Selby or Anglers winning esp away, but my £1 is on the Sea Anglers going down (and being replaced by Moortown - the shame).

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 10:33:08 PM
Four meaningful fixtures on the last weekend.....Now that's good going..
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Oldandslow

Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 06:57:10 AM
At the end of the season it's often about how committed the opposition are.

Can't see Ribb getting anything against West Leeds.

Can't see Keighley wanting to end the season with three losses, particularly as I'm told they played well the last two weeks against the top two. Keighley not a high scoring side so I can see Yarnbury getting a losing bonus point.

Will Scarborough aid Selby's survival as they did last season, I think Scarborough will want to end the season with a home win and put down a marker that they will be the side to beat next season. So Selby need at least a losing bonus point to have any chance.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 07:24:53 AM
If previous end of season games between Scarborough and Selby are anything to go then both sides will likely get a try bonus point..... Regardless of.who wins...

35- 32 win for Scarborough gives Selby 2 points and means Sail By doesn't need to hand over the £3000 offered...

WL XIII

• "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 11:36:20 AM

Heath Vs York - I can't see anything less than 5 pointer for York. They'll be super focused on giving themselves every chance. 

Ribb Vs West Leeds- it's my understanding that if we win (no BP required) we would secure 2nd as we'd have more wins than York.

Scabs Vs Selby- not sure

Keighley Vs Yarnbury - Keighley have definitely not packed up shop for the season. I can't see Yarnbury getting a sniff. That was best performance I've seen from Keighley in last few seasons (and we've been going at it hammer and tong for a while now)
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 11:52:21 AM
That makes it WL into play-offs and Yarnbury down.

That would be my bet at this stage.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 11:53:32 AM
WL XIII - Assuming you finish second (and i know you're taking nothing for granted) what are your thoughts on the likely opposition?

Oldandslow

Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 01:12:45 PM
Watched Selby several times this season they score points their weakness is their defence they do ship points, so BRB's prediction of a high scoring game looks a possibility. I expect Scarborough to win but can see Selby getting a bonus point or two.

BRB asked about playoff teams from ND. Its either Westoe or Barnard Castle.

Westoe were a national league team before they had financial difficulties, they had back to back relegations in the previous two seasons. They now have a new organisation in place and think of themselves as the principle team in south Tyneside.

Barnard were promoted from N&D2 last season having mostly been at that level.

The two clubs meet in the last game of the season @ Barnard.

I would take West Leeds against either if the game is in Leeds, away if I was from West Leeds I would want Barnard Castle. Westoe is a hard place to go and win.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 01:14:45 PM by Oldandslow »

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 01:33:41 PM
I believe playing record determines who has home advantage? If that's the case then assuming WL win their last game, if Westoe win theirs they will travel, if BC win they will have home advantage.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

WL XIII

Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 02:20:34 PM
BC Need a BP win for home advantage.

I've heard they play on a Ski slope  even steeper than Brods pitch. It's a short walk away from changing rooms apparently.

Westoe would be my away choice but tbh. I know nothing at all about either side so only going on grounds
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Muted Response

• Calm on the surface, but paddling like crazy below
Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 02:43:18 PM
WL XIII,
There must be a little bit of added spice if you play Barnard Castle, because wasn't it them who wouldn't put a team out against you in the National Junior Vase, so meant you ended up travelling to Lancashire for your Quarter-final?

They need a reminder of that in the play-off . . . . if you get there . . . and if they get there!! LOL  ;D

WL XIII

Reply #11 on: April 09, 2017, 03:09:34 PM
WL XIII,
There must be a little bit of added spice if you play Barnard Castle, because wasn't it them who wouldn't put a team out against you in the National Junior Vase, so meant you ended up travelling to Lancashire for your Quarter-final?

They need a reminder of that in the play-off . . . . if you get there . . . and if they get there!! LOL  ;D

:D
We called their club house up after every round and asked how they'd got on in cup.
"Errr, we aren't in the National cup....."
30 WL lads "WAAAAAAAY!!!!!!! We are!!!!"

Not our classiest moment and now I'm imagining/dreading a phone call every single week asking how we got on in NE1 if they go up lol

Radio Gnome

• Legend
  • I, for one, like Roman numerals.
Reply #12 on: April 09, 2017, 03:53:01 PM
I've seen quite a bit if WL over the last couple of seasons and have refereed Barnard Castle once this year (against Middlesbrough).

BC have a sizeable pack and a huge 6,7 & 8. Their game at Middlesbrough was played on a quagmire and they won by a couple of scores. Middlesbrough had demolished Hullensians the week before in the Shield.

BC played a limited game that day although the conditions probably dictated that.

From what I've seen I'd suggest if WL can contain the BC pick and go and the driving maul from the line out they have more than enough in the backs to to do some damage wider out.

That said if York get through to the play off and/or Westoe win at BC then all that sagacity is wasted.

Good luck to all involved in a fortnight. I'm sure whoever the Y1 representative is they'll do the league and Yorkshire proud.

Cheers RG
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 09:52:36 AM by Radio Gnome »
Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
That I got no cerebellum -  Ramones 1977

neverhadit

• Finding my feet
Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 10:38:07 AM
Sagacity......had to look that one up.
defenition.....retirement destination for old rugger buggers.  :P

borodunny

• Finding my feet
Reply #14 on: April 22, 2017, 01:42:54 PM
Haha barnard castle will be an eye opener for you guys. Short walk is a good 5 minutes and on pavement/stone nearly all the way to the pitch. Last time i played there the pitch was full of rabbit holes and is on a slope down towards a valley. Changing rooms are in a local town hall type thing in the middle of a street.