$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Yorkshire 3 Awards

Author Topic: Yorkshire 3 Awards  (Read 2636 times)

Offline Dropped It

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Yorkshire 3 Awards
« on: April 21, 2017, 11:52:20 AM »
I have stolen this from the Y2 Forum. But it's good finish of the season with what ppl have thought through the season.

So your opinions on the following...

Best pitch:

Worst pitch:

Best after match hospitality:

Worst after match hospitality:

Best team to play:

Worst team to play:

Best game of your season:

Best player played against:

Plus any others thing you would like to mention:

Offline Dropped It

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: Yorkshire 3 Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 12:04:50 PM »
Best pitch: Got to be medics ground hasn't it? Just a big green carpet

Worst pitch: Stocksbridge. They keep the grass long at the top of that Hill. Hard to get go forward, especially against a team that knows how to work their field.

Best after match hospitality: Wendsleydale. Always have a good time up at their place. Good Club.

Worst after match hospitality:Sorry Pythons, but the pub you guys brought us back to gave us vegetarian pasta, tomato and peppers. We need meat after a match!

Best team to play: Goole, Strong in the forwards, lethal in the backs. We managed to stop you guys twice but the second match especially was real tough.

Worst team to play: Two teams on this for me. 1. Knottingley. Both matches were hard physical games with niggle. so they're were the worst (Most difficult) to play against. 2. Otliensians. The team they sent against us turned our last home game of the season (with lots come to watch and sponsors day planned) into a total non event.

Best game of your season: Goole at home. Close all the way through had to fight hard to come back from 2 tries down to snatch the win in the last couple of mins.

Best player played against: Tony Curtis at Halifax. He's the life and soul of that club. Quality player and a proper gentleman.

Plus any others thing you would like to mention: Great tight season guys. Been a privelige to play with/against you all this season.

Offline Boatracer

• Forum old hand
  • Lose on the pitch, win by the bar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 12:26:05 PM »
I'll start by saying what a exciting and interesting season this has been with any team beating other teams on their day. Hopefully more of the same next year with a strong Skipton side coming up and two sides coming down.

Best pitch: 'Dale - a pitch which returns an experienced rugby player into a newbie. The ball can do anything amongst those tufts of grass and makes for an exciting experience.

Worst pitch: Stocks - at least they have facilities now. But they've always had great teas and beer after the game.

Best after match hospitality: 'Dale

Worst after match hospitality: Bramley. They are not in our league any more, but I still can't get over being presented with cup a soup and sandwiches two seasons ago.

Best team to play: Aire - local rivals for us and boys are always up for this one.

Worst team to play: In the return fixture I was looking forward to playing Vandals the least as I prefer to play rugby rather than wield handbags. However, I was wrong to expect that and it turned out to be one of my favourite matches (despite our loss) due to the fine rugby and competitive spirit on display.

Best game of your season: Beating Halifax at home was good. But I think for me scoring the bonus point try in the LMD fixture was the best in the last gasp of the game. Hopefully winning our final on Wednesday will be the best.
Yes, my scrum cap is wee coloured...

Offline Wilyjim

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 12:48:51 PM »
Best pitch: LM&D - Hands down. The Scotland squad trained there before the World Cup - good enough for them, good enough for Yorkshire 3.

Worst pitch: Aireborough - You have to keep moving on the touchline or you'll be balls deep in mud by half time.

Best after match hospitality: WilyJim - have always prided myself on making an effort with the players, given feedback to them and the ref and enjoyed a couple of cold ones at the bar.

Worst after match hospitality: Hemsworth - although they aren't in the league any more who can forget the bloody "Diver's lung" testing kit aka talcum powder blowing device- had bought some of the players a pint and that's how they repay me? Left looking like I'd been assaulted at a bakery.

Best team to play: Goole/LMD - The only two teams to really fling the ball around in the depths of Winter. Dare to flare!

Worst team to play: I imagine Stocksbridge - a collection of low skilled but large rugby players, who want a bit of a scrap

Best spectator - I'd have to say myself again, not supporting a single team allows me to remain impartial and travel around watching different teams each week. I have an insight into the league that not many other spectators can claim to have!

Best game of your season: Too many to choose, probably the LMD/Goole game early in the season.

Offline Jimmy85

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 12:52:55 PM »
Best pitch: Medics or Halifax. Big, wide pitches with a decent surface.

Worst pitch: Stocks, Wensleydale, Aireborough all pretty poor. Pythons was an absolute bog on the bottom corner when we played there too.

Best after match hospitality: Wensleydale again. Great club.

Worst after match hospitality: Pythons. Soggy pasta with a couple of bits of veg in dish-water at a pub!

Best team to play: Always enjoy our games against Halifax, especially this year as both results went our way!

Worst team to play: Didn't see much ball against Northallerton which obviously got quite boring! Would also say Knottingley, only because of a couple of numpties who are clearly only there for a scrap / to injure someone. Decent lads apart from a couple of idiots.

Best game of your season: Beating Goole and Knottingley at home were both big games in our season. Have to say keeping Fax scoreless and getting the bonus point win up at there place, infront of a pretty big home crowd was the highlight though.

Best player played against: Can't narrow it down to just one. Mods 8, Pythons left wing, huge Northallerton prop, Medics 12, Bez at knottingley, all very good players. Loads more that I've probably missed.

Cheers boys, it's been a great season, enjoyed every game. Best of luck to everyone for next year.

(P.S. Just been looking back through the posts from the start of the season with the poll to vote for who we all thought would be promoted / relegated. Great shout from the one person who backed us to go up! Don't think even any of our lads expected that to be correct back then!)

Offline Boatracer

• Forum old hand
  • Lose on the pitch, win by the bar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 11:33:22 PM »
Just remembered the meat free stew at Otley ????
Yes, my scrum cap is wee coloured...

Offline Insider

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 08:38:33 AM »

Best pitch: Goole id say our pitch is very much up there in terms of pitches but LMD do have a very nice pitch

Worst pitch: This is so dependant on when you play the team. Worst pitch ive had to play on was in the cup at Liverpool proper mud bath then followed by Vandals pitch very boggy when we played there

Best after match hospitality: Unsure

Worst after match hospitality: Pythons, in that odd pub with the lancashire food and no tables due to famillies etc

Best team to play: always a pleasure playing LMD all they want to do is play rugby no silly afters like a lot of teams.

Worst team to play: Knottla hands down, they're so similar to Bramley. Talk so much rubbish, afters in every tackle and whe u complain they are that thick they think its normal and rugby.

Best game of your season: last week in semis of national cup end to end game which swung in our favour

Best player played against: most stand out this year was the roidy 8 from Knottla he was good. The 7 from Ensians too think he use to be a centre. Such an odd player tho comes to life in second half. Didnt see him all first half then half time comes he springs to life. Good strong runner.

Plus any others thing you would like to mention: Vandals linesmen, not sure if he is related to Ripons linesmen but somehow managed to give a try to his team in last 2 minutes of the game for them to win when the ref didnt see it but took the word of their coach.
Look good, feel good, play good

Offline Jimmy85

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 08:47:59 AM »

Plus any others thing you would like to mention: Vandals linesmen, not sure if he is related to Ripons linesmen but somehow managed to give a try to his team in last 2 minutes of the game for them to win when the ref didnt see it but took the word of their coach.

???????????? Jesus those grapes must be really sour!! ???????????? Dry your eyes and let it go mate, it's been a few months now. And you've dared to slagg off Knott'la boys all season for complaining about officials!

Maybe some counselling might help you get over it?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 08:55:50 AM by Jimmy85 »

Offline Pig

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 01:08:44 PM »

Best pitch: Medics easily

Worst pitch: aireborough by a country mile, absolute bog

Best after match hospitality: Vandals, great booze off, which we won.... all we did win that day!

Worst after match hospitality:

Ensians, only because they don't like us so it's not very welcoming!

Best team to play:

Cas, great battle and decent lads

Worst team to play:

Aire.... pitch is too far from club house! Also see comments on pitch

Best game of your season:

Knottingley away, they were flying high when we beat them at theirs!

Best player played against:

I play loose head so for me Joe the North right head.... he is the best prop to have played in this league for years, by a mile. Followed by the Vandals tight head, he's decent and will be fine in Y2.

Plus any others thing you would like to mention:

Delighted for Vandals, hope Goole can stay up and build, like to see Fax come back and not happy to be playing Sheff Med next year.... it's miles away!

Offline westoe84

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 01:58:17 PM »
Best pitch: Meds, easy.

Worst pitch: Mods or Vandals... awful.

Best after match hospitality: Always the Dale.

Worst after match hospitality:Pass.

Best team to play: Northallerton. Old school rugby.

Worst team to play: Mods. Their supporters are better than their players.

Best game of your season: Pass.

Best player played against: Not seen all but Goole had a good 13, Northallerton had plenty of big forwards. Most of medics backs are very good also.