$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Scores 22 nd April

Scores 22 nd April

This is a discussion for the topic Scores 22 nd April on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Scores 22 nd April  (Read 10629 times)

Ribbflagman

• A little respect please...
Reply #15 on: April 23, 2017, 08:18:12 PM
very entertaining game at Ribb yesterday with Ribb scoring three tries in the first half when we looked anything but a struggling side. Our last try was a tight affair in the corner but much to W.Leeds dismay I didn't flag it into touch as our winger 100% did not touch the chalk. several of their players were abusive but I was disappointed to be threatened with personal violence from another poster who said "If this costs us the game I will DO you"' Young man you are an outstanding player (arguably the best in the league in your position, IMO) but please learn to accept things in life that you don't agree with, (if Jeremy Corbyn is not the next Prime Minister will you threaten Teresa May!!!!). The second half West Leeds showed why they re favorites for promotion via the play offs. A slick set of backs that were too hot for us. No complaints and I personally wish them well in their remaining games not least at Twickers. A good well drilled side.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #16 on: April 23, 2017, 08:24:32 PM
The sort of language and attitude displayed by perhaps some of the vilest and foulest supporters i have encountered over the years. WL may get promoted but they have much they need to sort out at their club.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 08:54:02 AM
very entertaining game at Ribb yesterday with Ribb scoring three tries in the first half when we looked anything but a struggling side. Our last try was a tight affair in the corner but much to W.Leeds dismay I didn't flag it into touch as our winger 100% did not touch the chalk. several of their players were abusive but I was disappointed to be threatened with personal violence from another poster who said "If this costs us the game I will DO you"' Young man you are an outstanding player (arguably the best in the league in your position, IMO) but please learn to accept things in life that you don't agree with, (if Jeremy Corbyn is not the next Prime Minister will you threaten Teresa May!!!!). The second half West Leeds showed why they re favorites for promotion via the play offs. A slick set of backs that were too hot for us. No complaints and I personally wish them well in their remaining games not least at Twickers. A good well drilled side.

a threat that no doubt left you quaking Flaggy?  Don't think there are any of them who could knock the skin off a rice-pudding - but they sure can play rugby.  All the best for the play offs & twickers!!!!

Silantassasn

• Finding my feet
Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 11:55:09 AM
On behalf of Acklam rufc, I'd just like to say thanks to all Yorkshire 1 clubs, the facilities and hospitality are fantastic. we've really enjoyed this season.
When we found out we were getting level transferred again, the players had a choice or dropping down into dn3 or endure another season in y1. And I'm glad we chose y1, we  feel we competed in most games this time round, and even won a few.
If any Durham and Northumberland teams are reading this and worried about getting level transfer, I'd say just go for it and enjoy it, a very high  standard of rugby, great facilities and hospitality, and even better bus journeys home.????
Good luck to West Leeds in the play offs!

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 12:04:18 PM
Guisborough seem most likely...

WL XIII

• "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 01:26:05 PM
Wasn't sure how or even if i wanted to respond to this post. ???
Firstly thanks for the messages of support it is much appreciated. Ribb were particularly supportive after the game and I'm genuinely chuffed to bits that they managed to avoid the drop. Some real good guys up there.

Old man Linesman, I accepted your first mistake in good humor in the shadow of my own goalpost even though I felt over a decade of hard work slipping away from us. Your second mistake was a tough one. The NY cup winners  (York) were right on the spot and despite having a vested interest in the try standing were outraged that it was given. Several WL players who were in the corner, myself included also felt he was out, at least equally as strongly as you thought he was in. Happily this didn't effect the outcome of the fixture. Undoubtedly this incident was a very close call and in the heat of the moment Mistakes could have been made either way. Without the luxury of a replay (I'll have a look at our video when it's posted), I think we need to leave it on the pitch and move on.

BRB, how wonderful to receive your input again, we was all worried you'd fallen off your perch, you've been quiet of late. Obviously your a big deal on here, so when you talk people listen.
And Boy! was the WL committee listening. An Emergency meeting was called almost instantly after you posted, hoping to "sort our club out."
A few home truths hit the mark but in the end we all agreed we are desperate for new set of playing socks. We think it prudent to wait 2 weeks when the new Twickenham Kit arrives.
We have also agreed to advertise for a RDO/first team player and a few of our frequent fliers have cashed in their air miles that happily extend into the southern hemispher. Obviously we've prepped the second team to expect some regular 1st team lads, and are going to cancel Tuesday night rugby training as we hit the gym. We aren't sure if we should build our entire game plan around a guy who's leaving at the end of the season but we can't copy your entire game plancan we?

It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

Oldandslow

Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 01:55:09 PM
Guisborough seem most likely...

Seem to remember last time Middlesboro was considered nearer than Guisborough by RFU North.

Also does anyone know how Acklam going down will effect Y2, last time Acklam went into N&D2 and Ripon avoided relegation. That was possible because N&D2 was a team short(13). This time they have a full compliment of 14 teams.

Does that mean Whitby coming to Yorkshire 2 on level transfer?

« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 01:59:09 PM by Oldandslow »

Oldandslow

Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 01:58:09 PM
Understand the playoff game is @ South Shields but cannot be played at the club as the ground is being used for cricket and the Westoe v West Leeds game is being played on a 3G pitch at a college.

WL XIII

Reply #23 on: April 24, 2017, 02:35:38 PM
This has been confirmed today
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #24 on: April 24, 2017, 02:46:47 PM
Hope that chip doesn't cause you bother in the playoff WL XII.

I think you (or whoever it was) threatening an official with violence coupled with the gutter level reception many clubs have received from your supporter's would actually be of concern to your club.

I suppose at the end of the day we all have different standards. You are happy with your club and i am happy with mine.

As a father of two young kids there is no happier or safer place for me to take them than silver Royd on a Saturday afternoon. I wouldn't take them within a mile of your ground. That's got nothing to do with money or facilities - you have a nice ground. It is simply that (along with two other clubs) i have never heard such disgusting abuse and language from the touchline.

You can stamp your feet, deny it or insult other clubs but it won't change the facts.

You should be proud of your rugby achievements over the last two years but if that's the price to pay you are welcome to it.

old style prop

• anyone seen me tabs.
Reply #25 on: April 24, 2017, 02:54:58 PM
To balance out BRBs post we played West Leeds at there's this year, albeit in a "friendly" squad type game against mainly their 2s and the reception was fine, game played in a good competitive spirit and more than happy to go there again as everyone enjoyed the day. Yours in ballance and good luck to WL in the next 2 big games comming up, do Yorkshire proud lads.

WL XIII

Reply #26 on: April 24, 2017, 03:24:23 PM
Hope that chip doesn't cause you bother in the playoff WL XII.

I think you (or whoever it was) threatening an official with violence coupled with the gutter level reception many clubs have received from your supporter's would actually be of concern to your club.

I suppose at the end of the day we all have different standards. You are happy with your club and i am happy with mine.

As a father of two young kids there is no happier or safer place for me to take them than silver Royd on a Saturday afternoon. I wouldn't take them within a mile of your ground. That's got nothing to do with money or facilities - you have a nice ground. It is simply that (along with two other clubs) i have never heard such disgusting abuse and language from the touchline.

You can stamp your feet, deny it or insult other clubs but it won't change the facts.

You should be proud of your rugby achievements over the last two years but if that's the price to pay you are welcome to it.

*3 years
if losing play offs makes you happy. I'll look forward to Y1 next season.

Morriarty

• One of the boys
Reply #27 on: April 24, 2017, 04:46:16 PM
Good luck to West Leeds in the play offs and at Twickenham .Must say when Bridlington were at WL earlier  in the season we had a good welcome , good drink afterwards and no issue with their  supporters .Hope you join us in North East next season .

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #28 on: April 24, 2017, 06:55:01 PM
Birds of a feather!

Morriarty

• One of the boys
Reply #29 on: April 24, 2017, 08:02:24 PM
Maybe only like clubs they beat !!!