$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; RFU Injured Players Foundation

RFU Injured Players Foundation

This is a discussion for the topic RFU Injured Players Foundation on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: RFU Injured Players Foundation  (Read 1366 times)

Wilyjim

• Forum old hand
on: April 27, 2017, 08:51:36 AM
Gentlemen, as you may be aware I have been heavily involved in the RFU during my time (I hate to say how many years!) and a friend of a friend has asked me to pass on this message onto the forums. Gregg Bayliss, RFU development officer and coach of LM&D will be running the Virgin London Marathon in 2018. They say "a Yorkshireman is a Scotsman with all the generosity squeezed out of him", so let's dig deep and show this couldn't be further from the truth!

"Hi - you may be aware that during Leeds Medics + Dentists final game last season one of our players had a serious spinal injury.

I have decided to run the Virgin London Marathon 2018 to raise monies for RFU Injured Players Foundation, who provide immediate and lifelong support to rugby players who sustain a catastrophic spinal cord or traumatic brain injury.

We, Leeds Medics, saw first hand the fantastic support the IPF gave to our player and his family.

http://m.virginmoneygiving.com/VLM2018-Gregg

Although serious injuries in rugby are rare, the work of the IPF is invaluable. Your donation will help support the whole rugby family.

Cheers, Gregg
- LMD Coach + RFU Development Officer"