$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Level transfer - who will it be?

Level transfer - who will it be?

This is a discussion for the topic Level transfer - who will it be? on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Level transfer - who will it be?  (Read 12678 times)

Bren

• Forum old hand
Reply #30 on: May 06, 2017, 09:18:48 PM
Incorporate the Merit leagues and allow second/third teams to enter the leagues. Have 8/9/10 Yorkshire leagues. The lower leagues have less rules/red tape eg can play without a front row and not lose points etc.

This would help to prevent teams dropping out of Y5 and they could play games without point deductions and other sanctions.

I really don't see "bigger clubs" ruining smaller neighboring clubs as has been argued before or dominating leagues.
#lovesport

Muted Response

• A little respect please...
  • Calm on the surface, but paddling like crazy below
Reply #31 on: May 07, 2017, 08:44:13 PM
Why should teams be forced into level transfers at all ? By my adding up there will be  around 58 teams WANTING to play in the Yorkshire leagues simple you have either 5 leagues of 12/11 teams or 4 leagues of 14/15 teams.  Another solution stop  1 team clubs playing in the merit leagues and assist them to join Yorkshire 5
So, if you don't have level transfer, what would you propose for leagues at level 7 and above where this problem occurs??
It's not just a Yorkshire/D&N issue.
Only promote winners of Y1 and D&N1
and relegate one Yorkshire and one D&N side. Bottom team from each league . . . so might not be the bottom two, but bottom one from each league  ;D
That would work!!

olfaithful

• One of the boys
Reply #32 on: May 23, 2017, 05:13:48 PM
No doubt we are going to have months of indecision, appeals and muddled thinking.

For me it is simple. Guisborough are coming down and therefore don't belong to a league. They are in Yorkshire and will probably have significantly less travel time to away matches than Scarborough....so that's it's then, Guisborough to Y1.

The Northern Counties Committee should just inform them now and that's that.

Anyone got any other thoughts?

Guisborough confirmed on DN1 for 2017-18.

Onslow

• Finding my feet
Reply #33 on: May 24, 2017, 12:10:18 AM
No doubt we are going to have months of indecision, appeals and muddled thinking.

For me it is simple. Guisborough are coming down and therefore don't belong to a league. They are in Yorkshire and will probably have significantly less travel time to away matches than Scarborough....so that's it's then, Guisborough to Y1.

The Northern Counties Committee should just inform them now and that's that.

Anyone got any other thoughts?

Guisborough confirmed on DN1 for 2017-18.
d/n 1 site says Middlesbrough coming into yorkshire 1

Breakwell15

• Forum old hand
  • West Leeds 15
Reply #34 on: May 26, 2017, 04:32:00 PM
Boro confirmed on RFU North website.