$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Yorks 1 Next Season

Yorks 1 Next Season

This is a discussion for the topic Yorks 1 Next Season on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Yorks 1 Next Season  (Read 5540 times)

WL XIII

• A little respect please...
  • "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
on: May 22, 2017, 02:46:21 PM
There's a clue in the title.
1)York to finish top spot. By a mile the best side over two fixture against us. No idea how on earth the chucked so many games away!
2)Moortown, in a really good place. They won't be stand on ceremony, they are a side, indeed a whole club who are used to winning. Hope they do awesome!

Relegation wise I think Ribb will be in trouble, they finished the season a lot stronger than they started, so perhaps with lads returning they might do alright, but depth seems like an issue. They need to start scoring somehow too, only 325 in the For Column, nearly a hundred less than 2nd worst.

I think Selby might stay further ahead of the relegation battle this season. They have a lot of young lads but they'll have learnt from last season.

Not sure about Salem, they seem to have lost a few lads. They aren't spring chickens either. I think they have enough quality, to stay up but think next year could be a tougher year than season just gone and might slip a few places lower down the table.

Pains me to say because I really like Hull despite them regularly humping us for years and years, but I think they might struggle next year. In the past they have always had a bit of a dodgy away record that could throw out odd unforeseen big loss. This has always been counterbalanced with a fearsome home record. Which I'm not sure is what it was.  Hope all you 'ensians are suitable outraged by this and ram my words back in my big mouth.

Rish are gunna be alright I feel. A bit like Keighley a few years ago, a big pack you tried your best to avoid on a water logged pitch. Similar to Keighley OR have developed there game and can sling it about with best of them. Main difference is while Keighley's pack can be avoided to a certain extent as their far touchline is in skipton. OR will mug some teams down there narrow alley.

Beverley will go well.
no idea about Wheatley Hills
Heath and Brods and Scarborough to carry on maintaining.

Dunno who National Cup representative will be with Brid going up. Personally I think it should go to York, they represent our strongest chance of retaining it. No pressure  ;D

It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

Oldandslow

Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 03:30:47 PM
WL XIII

If the national cups are based on shield/silver trophy results then it should be

L7 Middlesborough - compensation for level transfer as well!
L8 Wath
L9 Old Otliensians

Will think about the rest and post later.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 04:08:50 PM
Applying logic would suggest that York, Beverley, Moortown and Scarborough will all be in the mix.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Sail By

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 04:14:39 PM
Logic? It is to do with Shield performance not league position.

andyn

• Forum old hand
Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 04:43:44 PM
It is normally worked out on cup so by rights should be Middlesborough......if they level transfer. If not, it would be either York, Selby or Hullensians who all got to the quarter final stage. The highest league position finisher out of those is York so in my opinion should go to them on that basis.

Sail By

Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 05:30:10 PM
Now that is logic!!

Oldandslow

Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 06:58:53 PM
Top to the table it's hard to look beyond one from York, Scarborough and Beverley. See Moortown as top six unless they recruit very well.

I hope Wheatley Hills manage to regroup but if not I do fear they could be relegated again.

Sadly I also fear for Selby unless they can recruit some quality.

Ribb Exile in Lancs

Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 07:40:48 PM
I think one of the perennial underachievers York or Scarborough will take the honours this time round with
Moortown as dark horses.
Would be upset if Middlesbrough get the National Cup spot through level transfer, as they will be  representing
Yorkshire as an average side to the exclusion of several much stronger clubs, Boro would at best finish mid-table
in Yorkshire One.
Relegation? We at Ribb certainly need more  speed in the backs if we are to improve our performances, recruitment is   hard in our rural area but hopefully we will avoid the horrendous injury problems of last season.
Wheatley Hills must arrest their slide & I hope our friends at Selby have a better season. So Wheatley Hills plus one from Heath Hullensians Ribblesdale, Selby & if level transferred Boro.

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 09:46:15 PM
RFU  National Cup Competitions Yorkshire

Level 7 Intermediate Cup - York RUFC
Level 8 Senior Vase - Wath upon Dearne RUFC
Level 9 Junior Vase - Old Otliensians RUFC.

The three clubs have accepted the opportunity to represent Yorkshire in the National Competitions.

Ribb Exile in Lancs

Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 11:18:53 PM

The three clubs have accepted the opportunity to represent Yorkshire in the National Competitions.
Excellent news - Thank You

Breakwell15

• Forum old hand
  • West Leeds 15
Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 09:46:15 AM
York will be buoyed by players making themselves available this year with the National Cup. Definitely favourites for top spot now.

Moortown finished Y2 this year with more points scored, more bonus points & more overall points than we did last season. I know this doesn't mean they are going to find it easy in Y1 but in my eyes it puts them in contention to go up again.

Heath need to recruit some backs to compliment their huge pack. Never thought we would meet a better pack this year until we met Westoe.

I really rate Beverley and its an easy players meeting pre-season to set your goals. Only lost to Brid at home, get your players to travel and you will be in the top 2. They were only 2 wins off 2nd (if they didn't have the deduction of 5 points).

York & Beverley top 2 for me.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 09:47:40 AM
Applying logic would suggest that York, Beverley, Moortown and Scarborough will all be in the mix.
I meant challenging for the league. 

avinastella

Reply #12 on: May 23, 2017, 10:11:44 AM

Moortown finished Y2 this year with more points scored, more bonus points & more overall points than we did last season. I know this doesn't mean they are going to find it easy in Y1 but in my eyes it puts them in contention to go up again.

Depends if they behave. I understand they are under threat of another sanction due to behaviour issues.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

WL XIII

• "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #13 on: May 23, 2017, 11:17:55 AM

Good Luck guys!
Think this nails York to the top spot for me.
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 06:20:31 AM
York for top spot then. Everyone else fighting for a play off place.... Or avoiding relegation!