$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Referee Questionnaire

Referee Questionnaire

This is a discussion for the topic Referee Questionnaire on the board Referee Chat.

Author Topic: Referee Questionnaire  (Read 3231 times)

ItsTom

• Finding my feet
on: August 01, 2017, 08:13:31 PM
Dear all,

I am a year 12 student. Currently, I'm in the writing phase for my extended project qualification (EPQ) in which I aim to explore the use of Television Match Officials (TMOs) in rugby, evaluate whether it has proved successful and whether there is a need for technological assistance in football in the form of Video Assistant Referees (VARs). It is my intention to gain a deeper knowledge of the technology in question (pros and cons) and, hopefully, receive a wide array of contrasting opinions which I can then reference in my project.

With this in mind, I would be very appreciative if you could provide me with any information regarding the history of TMOs in rugby, but also it would be great if you could potentially complete the following survey which will go along way in aiding my research: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/BXPTF8P (should only take a couple of minutes to complete, although I appreciate referees have extremely busy schedules!)

Thanks for taking the time to read this email, any help would be greatly appreciated!

nazir4

• Forum old hand
Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 09:59:06 PM
You might struggle to get many refs on this platform whi have experience of tmos! If you try twickenham directly, you'll find plenty of referees whi enjiy talking about themselves! In all seriousness, I doubt more than a dozen referees will have used tmis in England. Doesn't reach down to Yorkshire 2. Yet.

ItsTom

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 11:44:26 AM
Thanks for the advice Nazir, this is something which a number of individuals have also pointed out to me on other forums. While the emphasis of the survey is placed upon referees who have had firsthand experience working alongside TMOs, I believe there is still a scope for contrasting responses (including from fans) due to the opinion-based nature of a number of the questions on the survey e.g. if/when the technology should be used in football. Having said this, if you feel you cannot add anything to this debate I will respect your opinion. Thank you for your time & have a good day!  :)

nazir4

• Forum old hand
Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 06:05:26 PM
Assume you've tried super league?

ItsTom

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 11:11:01 AM
To be honest I hadn't considered them, thank you for the suggestion! I have dropped them an email.