$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Preseason games

Preseason games

This is a discussion for the topic Preseason games on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Preseason games  (Read 5311 times)

thorne 123

• Forum old hand
on: August 09, 2017, 02:14:20 PM
It's back !! Who's playing who pre-season ? Thorne travel to Baildon on 12th then to hullensians on the 19th ( due to Doncaster knights using our facilities )  hope everyone is keeping well and fully fit for the season all the best t123

Jimmy85

• Forum old hand
Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 09:38:57 AM
Vandals playing Brods this Saturday and West Leeds in a couple of weeks....

dadbod14

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 02:21:52 PM
heavy defeat for vandals at the weekend against brods. following up from this they have cried off at WL also

Mink

• Forum old hand
Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 11:50:07 AM
Vandals were very strong up front and played a game that suited their team.
i wouldn't like to be an outside back up there, but what they are doing seems to be working for them
I can see them being a solid mid-table Y2 team next season
From what I am told they didn't pull out due to the result, more that they struggle to get players to travel across on an evening

Jimmy85

• Forum old hand
Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 01:43:34 PM
Vandals were very strong up front and played a game that suited their team.
i wouldn't like to be an outside back up there, but what they are doing seems to be working for them
I can see them being a solid mid-table Y2 team next season
From what I am told they didn't pull out due to the result, more that they struggle to get players to travel across on an evening

Forwards have always been our strength, few backs missing though. 10, 12, wing all missing from last season, with gaps being filled by 2nd teamers and lads out of position against Brods. No doubt we were outclassed out wide but we'll stick at it and try and improve! Was good to see a lot of our young lads from the 2nd team step up and give it 100% against much better / more experienced opposition. Brods backs looked very slick at times. Would be slightly concerned about their pack if that was something near full strength though....

Re: the West Leeds game, as far as I know it's just down to availability, or lack of. Lots of lads work evenings or away from home, so it would be impossible to get together a squad for a mid week game, let alone an away game.

Mink

• Forum old hand
Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 03:27:42 PM
hi Jimmy
like you guys Brods were missing a few of last years regular first teamers in the forwards and backs. I am sure you guys will do well in Y2 and the you team will only get better as long as you can keep them all together. I hear the 10 left to go to Crocs
So many teams in Halifax it is hard to attract local players

plantpotjim

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 01:20:59 PM
Old Grovians are playing skipton friday night. Looking forwars to it.
#FirstPostForPlantpot 8)

Hegians10

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 06:15:13 PM
Hegians got 2 away games against Yorkshire 3 opposition.
Old otliensians and Harrogate pythons this Thursday and next Thursday.

BillyBob

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 11:48:45 AM
Can only assume Hegians had a few players missing in their game against Otliensians?

Billy36

• Finding my feet
  • Breathing Cotswold fire over Yorkshire's fields
Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 10:29:58 AM
Barnsley learnt the hard way that ambition to play a team from a higher level needs to be better calculated somewhat. Maybe picking a new level 7 side, previously level 6 only in April, looking for a confidence booster wasn't the wisest move. Still, boys burnt some calories and good spirit from Wheatley Hills.

Hegians10

• Finding my feet
Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 11:09:54 AM
Yes billy bob we played a mixed 1/2's side. 1st game with new coach too so still working on new things. Was a decent game though you boys played well and should go well in Yorkshire 3!