$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 9/9

Results 9/9

This is a discussion for the topic Results 9/9 on the board Merit Leagues.

Author Topic: Results 9/9  (Read 4999 times)

UtilityBack

• Finding my feet
on: September 09, 2017, 04:57:02 PM
Rowntrees 33 - Moortown 3 XV 0

Moortown stuck at it and the game played in the right spirit. Nice to welcome a few familiar faces from towns 2 XV from last year

Bren

• Forum old hand
Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 05:25:17 PM
Sandal 22 Pock 20

Not a classic game to watch in this weather and it was a case of Sandals backs versus Pocks forwards.

Sandal were winning 19-17 for the majority of the second half and with minutes remaining Pock kicked a penalty to take the lead. Sandal got into Pocks half a with the last play of the game were awarded a penalty 35/40m out. The penalty was kicked and we took the honours.

Pock were gutted and rightly so thinking they had won the match after setting up camp in Sandals half for nearly all of the second half.

Picks forwards were great with a very good scrum.

Onwards and upwards.
#lovesport

Dropkicker

• Forum old hand
Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 06:10:10 PM
We, York, lost 29..12 home to Wharfedale difficult league opera for us

Shed

• Forum old hand
Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 06:48:37 PM
Cleck 2s 0-31 Brods 2s

Good opening win for us, cleck strong but one dimensional, with a fair few to come back we are looking forward to a good, tough season.

Ossett Coach (no more)

• Legend
Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 08:40:40 PM
Ossett 2nd XV   27  0  West Park Leeds 2nd XV

Bit scrappy at times but an encouraging start for Ossett.

Thanks to the one and only WPL player  who came back to the club house after the game. The game was a friendly enough affair with no niggle so not quite sure why no one came back. Its the 2nd year running we have cooked dinner for WPL and they cleared off.

i heard a few grumbles from them about the fact that they had to drive to the pitch and our facilities not being the best. Its not like we do it to annoy visiting teams - we would love a pitch on our door step, a catering team and ground staff but the reality is (like many clubs) we are a small club, who rely on members making teas and cutting grass!! We also rely on away teams coming into the bar and buying a drink and a raffle ticket. Poor effort again WPL - its just bad manners!!!

kronos47

• A little respect please...
Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 10:09:24 PM
We, York, lost 29..12 home to Wharfedale difficult league opera for us

Can I just say without knowing anything about the teams, on the face of it that is not a bad result and something to build on for the future.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 10:11:42 PM by kronos47 »
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Dropkicker

• Forum old hand
Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 10:21:59 PM
Not in the country at the moment but I'm hearing the boys put up a good performance. I did them an injustice with the score it was actually 20..12 plenty to build on I'm told.

kronos47

Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 10:42:40 PM
We Sheffield 2s played Harrogate Georgians at home.

Score was I think 43-15.

Harrogate had most of the first half with their  7 the star of the show in the first half and played well in the second.
We were up against it in the first half but got an interception try, then another try and another.
We continued giving Harrogate a hard time and got to abou 30-0 before Gate started playing some lovely rugby. Getting the score up to 35-15 ( not a good day for the goal kickers on either team).
We sucked it up and scored another try.
A very pleased chap.
If we had a line out we would be deadly.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 12:00:11 AM by kronos47 »
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

bobtheguilder

• One of the boys
Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 09:06:18 AM
Wath 2s. 17 : 5 Barnsley 2s.

Decent win in first run out of season against a very much improved Barnsley team. Great to start with an early season pitch that was not concrete.

UtilityBack

• Finding my feet
Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 02:06:22 PM

Thanks to the one and only WPL player  who came back to the club house after the game. The game was a friendly enough affair with no niggle so not quite sure why no one came back. Its the 2nd year running we have cooked dinner for WPL and they cleared off.

i heard a few grumbles from them about the fact that they had to drive to the pitch and our facilities not being the best. Its not like we do it to annoy visiting teams - we would love a pitch on our door step, a catering team and ground staff but the reality is (like many clubs) we are a small club, who rely on members making teas and cutting grass!! We also rely on away teams coming into the bar and buying a drink and a raffle ticket. Poor effort again WPL - its just bad manners!!!

Good result for ossett there and fair play to the lad who came back on his own!

Shirt filler

Reply #10 on: September 10, 2017, 11:38:40 PM
Leeds Corinthians 2's 14 - 48 Bramley 2's

Leeds played with only 13 men. Thanks to the Bramley player that stood in as ref to get a game going.

Ossett Coach (no more)

• Legend
Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 12:53:24 PM

He did look a bit embarassed to be honest when we asked him where all the rest of them were. We gave him man of the match, a free beer and some bangers and mash. The lot that drove home in their smelly rugby gear without even showering got nowt!!

Bren

• Forum old hand
Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 05:23:21 PM

He did look a bit embarassed to be honest when we asked him where all the rest of them were. We gave him man of the match, a free beer and some bangers and mash. The lot that drove home in their smelly rugby gear without even showering got nowt!!

They didn't even shower?!?!
#lovesport

Shirt filler

Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 09:25:48 AM
Having helped out WPL 3's before, it comes as no surprise to me, they didn't even hang about at the home game I helped them out at.

Sergeant Stomp

• Forum old hand
Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 02:56:01 PM
Ilkley 2's 28 Morley 22

Think we just about deserved the win. A bit disjointed, but a win is a win. More to come!

In the opening game we were up at Wharfedale and lost 50 ish to 35 ish, not bad considering we had a back line that consisted of two centres three wingers and an 8 & 6. The 8 & 6 played centre, nothing got through them, round them was a different matter ????

Friendly at Bees for us this Saturday, then Brods at home I think??

Need the cricket season to finish, and the Uni boys to return, we seem to settle once that happens!