$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 14th Oct

Results 14th Oct

This is a discussion for the topic Results 14th Oct on the board Merit Leagues.

Author Topic: Results 14th Oct  (Read 3148 times)

Sycamore

• Legend
on: October 14, 2017, 06:29:43 PM
Ilkley 3XV 20 Yarnbury 2XV 22

Despite this being down on paper as two 3XV playing each other Yarnbury sent the majority of their 2XV given their 2XV fixture was cancelled and scraped by, by the skin of their teeth.Credit to Ilkley who pushed and controlled them for large parts of the game and only lost because they missed the last kick of the game from a try in the corner..Yarnbury embarrassed themselves today.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 10:11:25 PM by Sycamore »

Bren

• Forum old hand
Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 06:53:55 PM
Thorne 19 Sandal 10

Thorne must win the competition for the biggest pack known to grace the merit leagues - they are huge!!!

Thorne went 14-0 but we managed to get our points to go in 14-10 down at half time. They scored one more in the second half which meant we left with nothing.

We feel we should have got something, they'll be agrevied not to have scored more.

That's our first loss and it was our own fault, poor decision making and expectation let Thorne off the hook time and time again.

Our mini run of away games has ended and it's Barnsley at home for us.
#lovesport

bobtheguilder

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 07:40:42 PM
Huddersfield YMCA 2s  34. 36 Wath upon Dearne 2s

5 tries apiece, won by 1 conversion. You will be hard pressed to have seen a more exciting game today. Well done to both teams. Can't wait for return fixture.

Shirt filler

• A little respect please...
Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 02:08:13 PM
Leeds Corinthians 2's 5 - 26 Old Mods 2's

Uncontested scrum from the start as Old Mods had no front row. Its becoming an all too familiar situation in merit leagues. Our ref (who had a good game) said he'd not had a contested scrum for 3 weeks before our game. The scrum would have been probably our strongest asset yesterday with a strong pack we had so left us disappointed.

warbs

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 09:19:00 AM

Despite this being down on paper as two 3XV playing each other Yarnbury sent the majority of their 2XV given their 2XV fixture was cancelled and scraped by, by the skin of their teeth.Credit to Ilkley who pushed and controlled them for large parts of the game and only lost because they missed the last kick of the game from a try in the corner..Yarnbury embarrassed themselves today.

As an ex Ilkley player I recognise a number of the Ilkley 3XV teamsheet from that game as being 2nd team players also

geraldinio

• Finding my feet
Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 10:21:15 AM

Having looked at Yarnbury's selection sheet, 15 out the 19 names down to play, played 3rd or 4th team in the weeks prior to the fixture.
On the other hand, Ilkley's 2nd team fixture in the northern pilot league was cancelled too and I am reliably informed there were regular 2nd teamers in that side that played Yarnbury.

On another note. It's good to see that Ilkley value their 3XV (2XV) team by sticking them on the small back pitch as the vacant front pitch sat doing not very much... #pretentious

TwinkleToes

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 11:58:34 AM
Before this turns in to a pathetic mud slinging contest. I play for Ilkley 3s and in that game and there were two 2XV players for our game due to theirs being cancelled. Both backs (scrum half/centre) who came on in the last 20/30 mins. The rest were all 3XV regulars or part-timers who like me may have played 2XV in previous seasons but do not now due to other commitments/semi retirement. Be interested to see who you think said 2s player are.No idea about the Yarnbury lads but it was a good close game played in the right way.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 12:02:37 PM by TwinkleToes »