$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Scores 4 Nov 17

Scores 4 Nov 17

This is a discussion for the topic Scores 4 Nov 17 on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Scores 4 Nov 17  (Read 5087 times)

Ripit

• Forum old hand
on: November 04, 2017, 04:39:38 PM
Halifax Vandals 22 - 22 Ripon

78 minute try for Ripon. Missed conversion!

Oldandslow

• A little respect please...
Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 04:55:27 PM
Wath 36 Ponte 28

Gasman

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 05:07:19 PM
Up the Grove. BP win away at the crocodile patch. Up the Grove.

Thesaint26

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 05:52:43 PM
Thought we were unlucky today against Ripon. We are playing well... just need to finish the game off better. Really proud of all my boys.

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 06:12:24 PM
Fair play to Vandals for a sterling effort. Missed chances and too many penalties were Ripon's downfall. 24 - 24, so keeping in with the points.

wetherbyTitan

• One of the boys
Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 06:34:14 PM
Poor game at Wetherby today really, lots of mistakes and both teams looked well below par. Wetherby dominated the first half and Thorne the second. We will take the 5 points though and keep working on securing a position in Y2 for next year.

Some interesting results today - for me biggest shock was west park beating barnsley, can anyone from barnsley explain?

Great results for Grovians and Vandels - Grovians were my dark horses for the season and it looks like they are really pulling together, looking forward to next week when we get to play them. Vandels wont go down in my opinion i think they are on the brink of pulling some good results out the bag.

Intresting day of rugby!

Radio Gnome

• Legend
  • I, for one, like Roman numerals.
Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 10:17:45 PM
Back refereeing in Y2 after trips to D&N and Liverpool recently.

Refereed Yarnbury v Goole today.

The game was preceded by a minute's silence for a Yarnbury member and former 1st team captain who had unexpectedly passed away earlier in the week. The two teams were joined by players and officials from Yarnbury and Sheffield 2nds.

Yarnbury took an early 12 pt lead which left Goole with too much to do and despite winning the second half Goole finished on the losing side. Final score 31-22, 5 tries to 4.

Thanks to Jim and Rhys and their teams for the game and to the good folk of Yarnbury for their hospitality.

Those I spoke to afterwards said the game was a good watch and there were some well executed, long range tries scored.

Also bumped into Kronos47 who was there with Sheffield 2nds.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 08:59:52 AM by Radio Gnome »
Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
That I got no cerebellum -  Ramones 1977

Elijah Price

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 10:41:42 PM
Expectionally predictable scores today. Yawn. Can we have some interesting rugby next week?

plantpotjim

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 10:33:07 AM
Good solid away win for us at Croccs. Thought that was probably our best performance of the year, controlled large portions of the game and built some good phases. Croccs kickers had a mare and missed 3 pens and a conversion which would have changed the game. Croccs had some good individual runners but seemed to lack a bit of direction, thought they hype around their 8 was unjustified , runs hard but always alone and never passes, seemed to go missing in D. They will be a top half side this year no problem though , good set of lads too.
No pies for the Gasman either yesterday , highly disappointing.

Some interesting results elsewhere , how on gods green earth WPL beat barnsley ????. Great win for Wath and Vandals looking like they are about to get going

oldtiredprop

• Finding my feet
Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 11:51:00 AM
Well done Wetherby for beating my old club Thorne. Always liked Wetherby as a club and wish you gl for the rest of the season.

Fireman Sam

• One of the boys
Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 04:51:00 PM
Good solid away win for us at Croccs. Thought that was probably our best performance of the year, controlled large portions of the game and built some good phases. Croccs kickers had a mare and missed 3 pens and a conversion which would have changed the game. Croccs had some good individual runners but seemed to lack a bit of direction, thought they hype around their 8 was unjustified , runs hard but always alone and never passes, seemed to go missing in D. They will be a top half side this year no problem though , good set of lads too.
No pies for the Gasman either yesterday , highly disappointing.

Some interesting results elsewhere , how on gods green earth WPL beat barnsley ????. Great win for Wath and Vandals looking like they are about to get going

To answer the ???? over WPL beating Barnsley, simple explanation Barnsley just didn't play well enough and WPL did. No excuses; as is normally the case when you lose it is because you deserve to! Also WPL very gracious in the win.

Elijah Price

• Finding my feet
Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 09:35:48 AM

To answer the ???? over WPL beating Barnsley, simple explanation Barnsley just didn't play well enough and WPL did. No excuses; as is normally the case when you lose it is because you deserve to! Also WPL very gracious in the win.

Gracious or shocked? Either way sound like a they deserved the points