$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Thoughts on the league tables Deserved ??

Thoughts on the league tables Deserved ??

This is a discussion for the topic Thoughts on the league tables Deserved ?? on the board Yorkshire 4.

Author Topic: Thoughts on the league tables Deserved ??  (Read 3422 times)

LastMinuteGlory

• Finding my feet
on: November 12, 2017, 08:56:40 AM
Who will be on top ???

Too old too slow

• One of the boys
Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 09:34:19 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Rotherham Phoenix in Yorkshire 4 south, they are a strong side and with that half of a league becoming a joke with at least 1 walk over every week they won't be caught
In the north half of the draw I think it's a case of who ever gets their best side out holds there needs and more importantly performs on the day Burley and knaresbrough in the driving seats but Leeds Corinthians and Wibsey snapping at there heals
That said every opposing team is pissing up knaresbroughs back so it's there's to loose

Old_hook

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 12:47:42 PM
It comes down to the points you get over the other top 4 finishers in your league. These are the only points that carry over so if York RI finish in the top 4, that only puts Rotherham carrying over 10 points at the moment. They are not way out in front then.
Plenty of games still to come.

Son of Dave T

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 06:03:37 PM
I think that the 8 teams that end up forming the top half will not be far apart in points.

It will come down to the games after to decide who will be going up.

At Roth we have had a good start to the season but long way to go yet.
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Shirt filler

• A little respect please...
Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 12:13:22 AM
Away form is always the key. Most sides fancy winning home games, its how strongly you can travel and pick up points away from home especially when the split happens and away games get a little further a field.

Rotherham will finish top of the south with Mosborough, York and ossett making the top 4 for me.
Knaresborough, Burley, Wibsey And Leeds Corinthians will be top 4 in North but a lot harder to work out in what order for me.

Once the split has happened we should get 2 decently competitive leagues. Based on my predicitions, Rods, Hessle, Sheff oaks, Bramley, Halifax and Thirsk in the bottom half should be a competitive league and the top will certainly have good competitive games.

silverback

• Forum old hand
  • Riverside
Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 02:07:36 PM
Roth will finish top and Mos will go up with them    dont count Hessle out for the top teir yet our form will change and somebody is going to get a loss against us

Shirt filler

Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 04:11:12 PM
Hessle and Rods both capable of making top 4 in south but both needing some away form. It doesn't help in the south that 4 of the 8 weeks so far have had a at least 1 walk-over.

Halifax have been the biggest surprise for me so far this season. I didn't expect them to be struggling as much as they have so far with only 1 win from 7.

Bigfat13

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 05:24:47 PM
Short filler we lost by 1 and 2 and 3 and 7 and blown away by bramley that's been story of season really and knaresbourgh beat us this week it's good solid league and like all teams struggle getting same side out each week we have had diff ten in every game but no excuses big numbers at training and try hard every week

Shirt filler

Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 09:08:29 PM
agree its a strong league in the north, personally just had Halifax down as 1 of the front runners before the season started, but currently looking like missing out on the top 4 without a strong second half of the league before the split happens.