$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; SATURDAY 25TH----MY THOUGHTS!!!!

SATURDAY 25TH----MY THOUGHTS!!!!

This is a discussion for the topic SATURDAY 25TH----MY THOUGHTS!!!! on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: SATURDAY 25TH----MY THOUGHTS!!!!  (Read 2267 times)

oldun

• Forum old hand
on: November 20, 2017, 11:24:03 AM
Here we go after a weeks break!!

COME ON YOU LOT---LETS HAVE MORE POSTS THIS WEEK!!!!

Hudd YM     v     Alnwick      Should be an away win for Alnwick, although if YM can control up front and stop their full back who knows!

M & N         v     Cleck         M & N will be too strong all round----bounce back after 2 defeats by Driff in last 2 weeks!

Morpeth      v     Brid           Well, you never know---keeping my fingers crossed for a good game!

Northern     v     W. Leeds   Away win, WL backs to dominate!

Penrith       v     B & B       Easy home win!

Percy Pk     v     Driffield     Interesting one this---think Driff are on a roll and might well sneak it!

West H       v     Dinn.        Should be a home win.

Ok chaps!!!

Stevo

• One of the boys
Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 05:55:53 PM
Alnwick +7
M & N +7
Morpeth +7
West Leeds -7
Penrith +7
Driffield +7
Dinnington hopefully +7 but will settle for -7

singapore slinger

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 03:30:59 PM
Hudd YM     v     Alnwick      Form says alnwick but its a long old way!

M & N         v     Cleck         I think M&N walk this one

Morpeth      v     Brid           Will say Morpeth based on recent results but after playing them both I would have said Brid!

Northern     v     W. Leeds    We need to get back to winning consistently big game for us!

Penrith       v     B & B        B&B just need to keep it under 30!

Percy Pk     v     Driffield     Driffield i think are the better team all round, have some young lads and would imagine if they take full strength squad they should win!

West H       v     Dinn.        I think Dinnington are in a bit of a false position really, all their losses were quite fine margins, know idea what WH are like yet so going for an away win.
Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer

TheChainsaw

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 04:00:34 PM
Newbie here.....

Hudd YM v Alnwick     YM to "turn up" and sneak the win on their large pitch this week,  the YM 12 to be the difference between the 2 teams. YM by 5

M & N  v Cleck        Cleck impressive at home last month but poor away form of late, if they improve on their strong performance vs YM  and are at full strength they should win this one. Should be a bruising encounter as there's no love lost between the clubs.  Cleck by 10

Morpeth  v Brid           Brid have proven themselves to be more than capable at this level with some very good performances home & away. But Morpeth at home will be too strong for them. Morpeth by 15

Northern v W. Leeds   I don't think anyone expected WL to lose to Dinnington last time out, I dont think anyone is expecting them to lose this one either, Northern beat Alnwick at home last time round, could they pull off another home win? Not in my view, the WL 10's boot should be the difference. WL by 9

Penrith v B & B       Now the grounds have become a lot softer it looks as though Penrith aent adapting, their brand of rugby is very effiecient on a hard surface with their open and expansive game, but doesnt seem to suit the wetter months, that being said I can't see B&B pulling this one off, Penriths backs will be too strong. Penrith by 20

Percy Pk v Driffield     This one all depends on what Driffield team turns up, they struggled at Northern, and lost at YM, I can see PP winning this one, all by a small margin though. PP by 2

West H v Dinn.        Dinnington are on the up, results are coming their way and going on form they should just sneak this one. Discipline will be key for both of these teams, the team that concedes the least penalties should win this one. Im going for Dinnington by 6

Ubique

• One of the boys
Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 11:45:26 PM
YM v Alnwick.          Alnwick to be too strong for YM though YM to get losing bonus point

M&N v Cleck.           Malton to recover from two close defeats from local rivals Driff in league and cup and win at home

Morpeth v Brid.       Morpeth to continue winning run at home and collect 5 points

Nothern v WL.        WL to win comfortably

Penrith v BB.           Though having difficulty on long travels, Penrith to win at home and collect bonus point

PP v Diff.                Driff buoyed by recent wins over M&N but with Park at home could be close so I think a good chance of a draw

West v Dinn             Another close game with both teams needing the points, will go for West due to home advantage