$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; trading system

trading system

This is a discussion for the topic trading system on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: trading system  (Read 7153 times)

fromtongawithlove

• Finding my feet
on: January 19, 2011, 03:43:29 PM
with the foriegn players coming over why not trade our young talents over there for some experience?

heathen

• Forum old hand
  • DIGNI ESTE FAVORE
Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 04:03:41 PM
we already do that,we have 2 players presently out in new zeeland,one the yorkshire U17 captain from 2or 3 seasons ago;due back soon,and one ex first team capt now gone native married newzealander and a family man,and two more to go soon,first team back/second row played his last game for us last week,and ex captain present first team front row going soon.

fromtongawithlove

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 04:11:21 PM
fantastic opportunity for the youngsters too play at a different level and when they come backcould be brand new players!

His Lordship

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • No need to kneel...
    • Steve's Twitter
Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 05:27:25 PM
I think Dinno did something with a couple of Canadians a few years ago (the links helped our Colts get a game against a Canadian team just before the start of the season http://picasaweb.google.com/botty.1963/DinningtonColtsVStrathconaDruidsCanada22ndAugust2010#) However, nowadays a foreign player at Dinno is someone from Sheffield! ;) It is something that should be promoted if you can foster some links with foreign teams - does it matter if you have a couple of New Zealanders in your team who are over here for the experience? Everyone learns, everyone wins.

G-FORCE

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 05:55:43 PM
Steve we still have to show our passports every time we come into Dinnington,even though we have been coming for the last 10 years!!
"Play With Attitude"

Sail By

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 06:46:38 PM
We also have an agreement with a NZ club. 2 of our lads went last year and came back with two young lads this year.
It is for young players to develop their skills and have a lifetime experience.

WHat an opportunity!!!

get that into yer!

• Forum old hand
Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 07:06:49 PM
it's not like it was in my day. we were lucky if we got a bus for our rugby tour of skegness for our once in a lifetime experience. speaking of which, i've just come back from a once in a lifetime holiday - never again!
*insert something profound here*

His Lordship

• God
  • No need to kneel...
    • Steve's Twitter
Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 07:19:30 PM
G-Force - that's only for Maltby lads! ;D

Eustace.L.Boots

• Legend
Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 05:08:12 PM
Having never experienced rugby in NZ am I right in thinking that the average skill level is higher in each age group due to the fact that more young people play rugby over there than here?

His Lordship

• God
  • No need to kneel...
    • Steve's Twitter
Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 08:41:57 PM
A lad from Dinnington went with Yorkshire Terriers U19 (Oli Rodgers - he was 17 at the time) to New Zealand a couple of years ago and I was very surprised with the results. Check out http://www.terriersrugby.co.uk/ and select 'senior', 'U19 invitation' and then 'results & reports'

Mr C Gull

• Finding my feet
Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 10:00:09 PM
Have an old school friend who went to NZ about twenty years ago and never came back. We caught up over tinternet at xmas and in his considered opinion NZ rugby is on the wain. Not just the All Blacks international team but the general interest in rugby is coming under pressure from soccer, and the "extreme" outdoor sports of surfing, roller blading, bmx biking and so on. Not to mention PS2 XBox WII Fit and all that other IT lancashire that teenagers are always plugged into. The NZRFU are desperate to win the world cup to put them back in the spot-light again. Being an All Black no longer holds the esteem it used to have, perhaps "the times they are a changing"

Eustace.L.Boots

• Legend
Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 10:39:30 PM
Mr C Gull,
You surprise me with your knowledge of games consoles. I believe you are a Scarborough supporter but had you down as one of our 'older' brethren and you are to be therefore congratulated that you are keeping in touch with the younger generation. Perhaps we can link up online and have a bash at black ops on the 360?

I shall ensure that the remainder of us kiwis see your previous post and shall look to prove you wrong this year!!!!

See you in the bar!

His Lordship

• God
  • No need to kneel...
    • Steve's Twitter
Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 11:06:14 PM
You two lawyers? :D

medici

• One of the boys
Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 09:52:04 AM
MR Gull,

i'm a kiwi, and i think your mate is either not plugged in, or full of referee... rugby is as strong as it ever was in nz, just the rest of the world is catching up...

The reason  ''Being an All Black no longer holds the esteem it used to have'' is because graham henry rotated the team sheet, weekly... so we no longer have the strongest side week to week, where you used to play our top squad against every single team, from japan to SA and if it was japan we'd win by 100.. if it was SA we'd hopefully win by 10. it's a different game.
you really had to earn your jersey, and then play well to keep it... it's not the same in that sense.

The other difference is that there is no money in NZ rugby at ground level like there is here, so there are no politics (or at least alot less), people are only bound to clubs by loyalty and the will to play, but it's still at a very high level in the main centres like wellington, auckland, christchurch, north harbour etc...

Take wellington where there are 16 clubs within 30 minutes of each other.... 14 playing premier level and a few with registered all blacks getting at least 2 games a year for them. OBU (old boys university) have conrad smith run out for them more than twice a year.

Rugby is and always will be a sense of identity for new zealanders, we are extremely proud of the all blacks and our rugby in general. and i think you will find win or lose the world cup this year, the all blacks will continue to be one of the best nations in the world, and will continue to set the standard.

P.s. Eustace you are also full of referee, :P
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 11:02:35 AM by medici »

Eustace.L.Boots

• Legend
Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 10:06:32 AM
Hell Mebici, either passion or a bite there but either way I love it!! Lol