$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; promotion and relegation

promotion and relegation

This is a discussion for the topic promotion and relegation on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: promotion and relegation  (Read 3640 times)

Catch and drive

• Finding my feet
on: December 10, 2017, 07:49:21 PM
The half way stage is nearly here...
What do people think? Is it Norths and otleys lose or is there still a few teams that could upset the top 2? I think there's still 5 teams who could go up so it's wide open!

Relegation
This moment in time I finding it hard to see baildon getting out of it, 12 points behind skipton and gate who I think will both kick on in the second half of the season so for them it will be tough. Stocks too could find it hard unless their home form improves.  I can't see much changing in the second half of the season at the bottom on current form.....

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 08:42:05 PM
Personally I think this year it's been anyones league to go and get and North have found a way of playing that's done that albeit not how I would want to play rugby. The top two for me will be North and Otley unless either of them have a major wobble like we did last year (if you want any tips just ask) but I can't see it happening. The bottom two will be a lot trickier to predict it's all very close at the bottom and two wins can put you back in mid table, but on current form and how the table stands I'd have to go Baildon and Stocksbridge but I don't think the bottom two will be decided till near the very end of the season and it could be anyones guess.

old style prop

• A little respect please...
  • anyone seen me tabs.
Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 08:51:05 PM
I always thought Northallerton were allergic to the prospect of promotion out of Y3, seeming to always manage to finish just below promotion spots but looks like they will have to go some to through this years promotion away (they could probable lose 6/7 of the games in second half of season and still go up)

your 2nd place looks more exciting should make for an interesting second half to the season in Y3

Relieved

Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 09:02:16 AM
Baildon seem to be destined for Yorkshire 4 next season but with their young side will probably come straight back up. At the present time it looks like Stocksbridge might accompany them.
It will take a complete turn about in form for Norths and Ots not to be promoted but stranger things have happened just look at Knottingley's change of form at the end of last season?
The worrying thing is that teams promoted into Yorkshire 3 seem to struggle. Goole appear to be safe in mid-table but their style of play will always break out even with a balanced set of backs and forwards. Forward-dominated Halifax Vandals have struggled because they play a forward style game and in the higher league the packs are bigger and fitter.
Otliensians are a balanced side and will cope but Norths may well struggle with their strengths tipped heavily into a forward-based game. Only time will tell. Good luck to whoever are promoted and relegated.

Jimmy85

• Forum old hand
Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 09:35:54 AM
Baildon seem to be destined for Yorkshire 4 next season but with their young side will probably come straight back up. At the present time it looks like Stocksbridge might accompany them.
It will take a complete turn about in form for Norths and Ots not to be promoted but stranger things have happened just look at Knottingley's change of form at the end of last season?
The worrying thing is that teams promoted into Yorkshire 3 seem to struggle. Goole appear to be safe in mid-table but their style of play will always break out even with a balanced set of backs and forwards. Forward-dominated Halifax Vandals have struggled because they play a forward style game and in the higher league the packs are bigger and fitter.
Otliensians are a balanced side and will cope but Norths may well struggle with their strengths tipped heavily into a forward-based game. Only time will tell. Good luck to whoever are promoted and relegated.

The step up in standard is not as big as some might think. Don't get me wrong, there is a difference in that teams will punish your mistakes more often, but teams from Y3 can survive in Y2. Last year we were really lucky in that we had a very consistent side out with very few injuries. This year, we've not been so lucky! We're now down to our 4th hooker of the season, we've had a number of weddings, stag do's, work issues etc that have meant we've really struggled for that consistency. We're still managing to compete though with a few losses by single figures and on the last play etc. The only proper spanking we've had was away at Ponte when we had 14 regular first teamers missing!

We're confident we can kick on and survive after the Xmas break though and I'm sure whoever comes up from Y3 will give a good account of themselves next year!

good luck to all in Y3, looks like another competitive and exciting end to the season coming up! 

Young Turk

• One of the boys
Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 10:28:28 AM
Otliensians should win the league and should get to Twickenham in the National Cup. It's amazing what a run a Twickenham can do for a clubs league form. Northallerton to catch and drive their way to the No. 2 spot. Providing OO can keep their squad together next year, and don't have too many lads just eyeing the chance to play at Twickenham this season, they will fair much better in Yorks 2 than North.

Relegation a bit harder to call. Baildon dropping looks most likely, as far as the other spot goes Stocksbridge, Skipton and possibly even Harrogate Pythons are in the mix imo.

Stockbridge's home form seems to be letting them down this season - Something they can usually rely on.
Skipton's wheels seem to have come off since the unrest of the gobby Captain leaving. Can't see it getting any easier for them in the new year.
Harrogate Pythons, although not in the bottom two teams we have played this season, recent results (particularly the number of points conceded) can't be ignored. I do however think they will turn it around.

That said, it's a very interesting league this year, anybody can beat anybody on their day. I'm sure there will be plenty of upsets still to come. 

Sheeptownlad

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 12:45:10 PM
Young Turk, no unrest at all so unsure of where you are getting your information or if you have imagined it?
There are only 4 points between 7th & 12th which is a testament to how competitive this league is.
Far too early to call who's going up down or staying in my opinion
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 12:48:45 PM by Sheeptownlad »

vastabitur vermibus

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 01:36:13 PM
North and outlet to be promoted by far the strongest teams this season that's if they don't have a 2nd half of the season like we did last season lol for the drop I've to say Baildon as the league table and results don't lie then there could be a handful of teams that could join them it's tighter at the bottom than it is at the top  good luck all bring on 2018

Bastion

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 06:49:36 PM
What Young Turk doesn't know he makes up .

Wilyjim

• Forum old hand
Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 09:30:30 PM
North for promotion

Oldbull

• Finding my feet
Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 10:56:09 PM
North and OO should see the 2nd half of the season out. It’s theirs to lose but injuries / unavailabilities can play a part. Stocks have been in this position before and always seem to just do enough so that experience will help. Baildon will unfortunately go down but I think it will do them the world of good - even if it takes them a couple of years before they bounce back they can rebuild. Maybe Skipton have come off the rails? Getting a right thumping at home against Pythons doesn’t look good for a team that belongs in Y3! It’s those type of results that could see Harrogate stay up