$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Pontefract RUFC Vets v Sheffield RUFC Vets 13/01/18

Pontefract RUFC Vets v Sheffield RUFC Vets 13/01/18

This is a discussion for the topic Pontefract RUFC Vets v Sheffield RUFC Vets 13/01/18 on the board Other Senior Rugby.

Author Topic: Pontefract RUFC Vets v Sheffield RUFC Vets 13/01/18  (Read 3585 times)

kronos47

• A little respect please...
on: December 15, 2017, 11:59:08 PM
We Sheffield Vets are playing Pontefract Vets at Pontefract on the 13/01/18.
We Sheffield played once last year as we have a bunch of high maintenance, under the thumb primadonnas, so our aim is to have more than one fixture per annum.
If anyone is interested and wants to bring their boots to join in on either side, please do or PM me on here.
Pontefract are pretty strong so we are cautiously optimistic about the encounter.

Hope to see any oldies on the day.

Lots of love Kronos47 xxx
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 12:01:22 AM by kronos47 »
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 06:32:02 PM
kronos bloke

‘Pretty’ and ‘Pontefract’ don’t belong in the same hemisphere never mind sentence !

Having said that clearly you are from Sheffield so perhaps Pontefract may well be a place of considerable natural beauty in your eyes ?

Any way I’ll forgive your foxes paw and very much look forward to attending this fixture . I can’t think of anything more amusing than a group of fat silly Herbert’s chumping about their occasion on a freezing cold mid winters day .

I shall bring along my St. Bernard replete with barrel for your delectation . What time is waddle off ?

kronos47

Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 02:07:36 AM
2:15 of the pm, I believe my good man.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

kronos47

Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 09:50:19 AM
kronos bloke

‘Pretty’ and ‘Pontefract’ don’t belong in the same hemisphere never mind sentence !

Having said that clearly you are from Sheffield so perhaps Pontefract may well be a place of considerable natural beauty in your eyes ?

Any way I’ll forgive your foxes paw and very much look forward to attending this fixture . I can’t think of anything more amusing than a group of fat silly Herbert’s chumping about their occasion on a freezing cold mid winters day .

I shall bring along my St. Bernard replete with barrel for your delectation . What time is waddle off ?

Dear poster, you seem to have the same, diction, parlance and cadence to your speech of another loquacious previous Pontefract poster. Would you be he under a different nom de plume?
*Oscar Wilde 1895

avinastella

Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 10:13:59 AM
kronos bloke

Dear poster, you seem to have the same, diction, parlance and cadence to your speech of another loquacious previous Pontefract poster. Would you be he under a different nom de plume?
I was thinking the same.
Furners ??
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 07:06:33 PM
Kroners

I will catch you at Pontefract with a blue peter badge .

Stella fella - I’m actually from Hemswart but don’t hold it against me .
Your not of the flat footed persuasion by any chance ?  ( I’m not obliged to answer your questions am I ?)

Back to chimpery methinks .

Merry Christmas goodwill to all persons  etc etc

kronos47

Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 05:02:41 PM
Kroners

I will catch you at Pontefract with a blue peter badge .

Stella fella - I’m actually from Hemswart but don’t hold it against me .
Your not of the flat footed persuasion by any chance ?  ( I’m not obliged to answer your questions am I ?)

Back to chimpery methinks .

Merry Christmas goodwill to all persons  etc etc

AS I think your correct it is Furners as he always commented on matters pertaining to Pontefract, that and the line of chat.

I met some older lads at Pontefract who I asked about Furners....they all laughed but then acted quite intriguingly/enigmatically as if there was a common truth to those in the know of Furners who is I believe an ex miner.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

kronos47

Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 02:05:37 PM
Games on for this weekend.

If any evergreen vets fancy a game we could do with an outside back and a scrum half but all are welcome if u fancy a game?

Cheers Al
*Oscar Wilde 1895

kronos47

Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 01:09:09 PM
We won 8-12.

Pontefract Vets v strong, big rugby league influence of fellas who could definitely playrugby league they just were not tremendously good at Rugby Union.
Unfortunately they don’t like losing and had a red card for a punch from behind as well as a few other punches thrown.

Goodnight out though.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Alf Hart

• Legend
Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 01:08:55 PM
Crow nose

Don’t like the sound of this much ... my bloodhound is sniffing out the ‘beef’.

I shall report back when he’s got to the heart of the bottom of it all .

No one left with any injuries I hope ??

My bloodhound doesn’t care for vets ...