$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; The Battling 5?

The Battling 5?

This is a discussion for the topic The Battling 5? on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: The Battling 5?  (Read 14822 times)

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • A little respect please...
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 08:47:11 AM
Thought that might be the case. All I would say is that when I saw the Jug play at Scabs conditions were ripe for expansive rugby, but your backs lacked any sort of guile or penetration.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

stubbs

• One of the boys
Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 10:58:18 AM
RH and DAA.

You are both right of course, but all I will say is that the points scored cannot lie, we have suffered the conditions for 2 months now and used 34 players so far

so haven't been immune to injuries, ski trips, holidays and work as has everyone else. A settled side is the key to open rugby. It needs our experienced players

foxy, Johnno, Pit Pony (sorry Show Pony) to get us through this dip in form. On another note we may not be top when we next play a league game, I understand

the RFU will want us to play the next round of the intermediate cup on the 24th Feb if we beat Gateshead.

avinastella

Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 03:55:14 PM
RH and DAA.

You are both right of course, but all I will say is that the points scored cannot lie, we have suffered the conditions for 2 months now and used 34 players so far
Only 34?
And you say that like your unfortunate.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 05:31:11 PM
RH and DAA.

Only 34?
And you say that like your unfortunate.
That was something I wasn’t aware of.
I suppose it shows that York have been able to develop strength in depth to keep getting the results. It also shows that the strength of their youth section is finally paying dividends in the senior sides.
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 08:16:28 PM
So big weekend for the battling 4.
Don’t fancy Salom to come away with anything against Beverley
Hills likewise from their game.
So giant steps available for the Swans and Ribb!
Could be a close game and potentially the best for a neutral to watch!

Muted Response

• Calm on the surface, but paddling like crazy below
Reply #20 on: February 16, 2018, 03:28:25 PM
So big weekend for the battling 4.
Don’t fancy Salom to come away with anything against Beverley
Hills likewise from their game.
So giant steps available for the Swans and Ribb!
Could be a close game and potentially the best for a neutral to watch!
cracking beer down at Selby too if anyone fancies coming and watching!! the more the merrier  ;)

old style prop

• anyone seen me tabs.
Reply #21 on: February 21, 2018, 02:16:46 PM
Just noted the current bottom 6 of Y1 all play each other on the very last league saturday of the season - if it goes down to the last game will make for a very exciting saturday

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #22 on: February 21, 2018, 07:02:58 PM
I suspect four of the six wont agree!

Ribbflagman

Reply #23 on: February 24, 2018, 07:45:23 PM
Following Hulls good win today I think the " battling 5" just became the battling 4.
Well done Hullensians

leg

• Legend
Reply #24 on: February 24, 2018, 08:21:12 PM
Salem’s loss puts them right in the mix for relegation. 2 of these 4 are going down. WH & Salem for me.

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #25 on: February 24, 2018, 09:39:55 PM
Following Hulls good win today I think the " battling 5" just became the battling 4.
Well done Hullensians
Agreed. Vital that we beat Salem next week.

leg

• Legend
Reply #26 on: February 24, 2018, 10:13:07 PM
Well done Hullensians
Agreed. Vital that we beat Salem next week.

Go Ribb!

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #27 on: February 25, 2018, 07:13:55 AM
Having just looked at the fixtures at the bottom..there are a few key head to heads coming up. Notwithstanding that, on paper it looks like Selby have the hardest run in.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

old style prop

• anyone seen me tabs.
Reply #28 on: February 25, 2018, 11:03:54 AM
Wheatley Hills have Selby this Saturday which has to be a must win game for both sides - i cant see the loser of this match staying up so reckon you will know 1 of the 2 teams down after this Saturday. In addition Ribb play Salem to give the winner of that game some much needed confidence and breathing space to take into the last few matches.

Reckon you are looking at the losser of the WH v Selby game to go down with the second spot to be between the winner of that game and the loser of the Ribb v Salem game.

Gotta say the promotion relegation battle in Y1 this year is great to watch as a neutral with only 5 teams having nothing to play for at this stage of the season.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #29 on: February 26, 2018, 06:25:57 PM
Wheatley Hills have Selby this Saturday which has to be a must win game for both sides - i cant see the loser of this match staying up so reckon you will know 1 of the 2 teams down after this Saturday. In addition Ribb play Salem to give the winner of that game some much needed confidence and breathing space to take into the last few matches.

Reckon you are looking at the losser of the WH v Selby game to go down with the second spot to be between the winner of that game and the loser of the Ribb v Salem game.

Gotta say the promotion relegation battle in Y1 this year is great to watch as a neutral with only 5 teams having nothing to play for at this stage of the season.
Totally agree.
I think WH v Selby will be the game of the weekend for the neutral! Too close to call. Even possibility of a draw.
Ribb with a bonus point against Salom.