$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Keighley v Moortown

Keighley v Moortown

This is a discussion for the topic Keighley v Moortown on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Keighley v Moortown  (Read 8694 times)

omigidiant

• Legend
on: February 09, 2018, 10:34:06 PM
Anybody know the Keighley v Moortown result?
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Yorkie Boy

• One of the boys
Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 10:51:20 PM
26-25 Keighley I believe.

Wagner

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 10:56:54 PM
Good crowd, good game, hope we have a few more night matches! Really good atmosphere!

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 11:03:38 PM
Keighley kicked a penalty last play of the game.4 tries to 3 to Keighley. Last 15 minutes Moortown looked dangerous. Cold but congrats to players for their handling.

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 11:27:32 PM
If my maths is right that makes them on 45 points each with Town the better scoring points average and a game in hand, but wine and a brandy might make that wrong.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 11:31:54 PM
Are they renamed Poortown?

Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 11:34:19 PM

Maybe, or NoMoortown

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 08:29:59 AM
What time did the match kick off? Need to know for predictions league cut-off point.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

talblic

• Forum old hand
Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 08:56:03 AM

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 09:59:49 AM
Thank you. That's 7.30pm in Brexitspeak.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 10:01:56 AM by Red Horseman »
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Driffield Bulldog

• Finding my feet
Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 11:43:47 AM
Boretown

intense1

• Forum old hand
Reply #11 on: February 11, 2018, 12:20:19 PM
A scoreline that suggested a better game than it was tbf, despite being a crisp night without a drop of water, it was error strewn on both sides.

Keighley were extremely industrious, working well as a unit. Seemingly in control at 23-6, had the crowd at their backs oleing every error made by us. However suddenly, a switch was flipped and we blew them away for the last 10 mins scoring 3 times, the last being what looked like the last play to make it 25-23. There was deemed to be time for the restart and to Keighs credit they won back the ball and won a silly penalty bang in front.

Depending on what team you support you would argue that Keigh merely had a lapse in concentration. Myself being a Town player, I'd say the problem lay with our application, if you can blow a team away for 10-15 mins why cant it be done for a larger proportion of the game which would more than certainly have given a different result. We can take some positives however after getting into that winning position only to then lose made it difficult loss to take.

Congrats to Keigh and look forward to the return fixture.

KLY-LAD

• Finding my feet
Reply #12 on: February 11, 2018, 04:08:23 PM
A scoreline that suggested a better game than it was tbf, despite being a crisp night without a drop of water, it was error strewn on both sides.

Keighley were extremely industrious, working well as a unit. Seemingly in control at 23-6, had the crowd at their backs oleing every error made by us. However suddenly, a switch was flipped and we blew them away for the last 10 mins scoring 3 times, the last being what looked like the last play to make it 25-23. There was deemed to be time for the restart and to Keighs credit they won back the ball and won a silly penalty bang in front.

Depending on what team you support you would argue that Keigh merely had a lapse in concentration. Myself being a Town player, I'd say the problem lay with our application, if you can blow a team away for 10-15 mins why cant it be done for a larger proportion of the game which would more than certainly have given a different result. We can take some positives however after getting into that winning position only to then lose made it difficult loss to take.

Congrats to Keigh and look forward to the return fixture.

Wouldn’t disagree with your assessment of the game, the only point I would add is the 10 minutes you referred to Kly were down to 14 men having had the 8 sent to the bin.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 05:45:04 PM
Personally I would like to see more Friday night games.
Many of the clubs have excellent floodlights now and where it can be agreed by the sides it should be encouraged to happen. This would include those occasions where it would playable on a Friday but likely to be called off the following day because the weather forecast is adverse for the Saturday
Additionally where a game is lost to the weather, where appropriate consideration could be given to playing the game mid week.
It’s no use putting all the investment into the clubs infrastructure if we are not prepared to make the most of it.
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 07:37:37 PM
I agree but you will generally find that the home club is up for it and the away club not so much.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.