Author Topic: Season Format  (Read 797 times)

Offline The Nomad

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Season Format
« on: February 10, 2018, 09:08:59 AM »
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the format, now that we’ve reached the split?

Has it added an element of mid-season excitement by battling for top 4  for teams that would have likely finished mid-table?
Will it provide closer games between now and the end of the season, particularly for teams that have struggled?
Is the prospect of winning a ‘shield’ adding interest for lower teams?

Re: Season Format
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 10:33:30 AM »
New formats won’t make everyone happy, but I think it’s worked well, a 14 team league with 26 league games isn’t practical for everyone in Y4.
At Wibsey we sit 7th but still have hope of climbing to 2nd and gaining promotion (11points)

Offline silverback

• Forum old hand
  • Riverside
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 07:52:35 AM »
At Hessle we missed out on the top league on  games won against our opponents    so we are in the sheild league   wuth that said we niow have a chance of some success as we are niow 2nd in the league and surely if we sort ourselves out we will be in the top 4 this time , this gives us a chance of a semi final and then Final day on the last day of the season i was skeptical at first but its s good format for Grass roots   

Offline Mans not hot

• One of the boys
  • Stanley Rods full back
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 08:17:37 PM »
Added interest for Rods is an end of season bus trip and drinking session  for the Wibsey away game
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 09:04:24 PM by Mans not hot »

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 08:22:12 PM »
I don’t follow that comment? After today I’d guess Rods wouldn’t be looking forward to a trip to Wibsey?

Offline Mans not hot

• One of the boys
  • Stanley Rods full back
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 09:06:20 PM »
I don’t follow that comment? After today I’d guess Rods wouldn’t be looking forward to a trip to Wibsey?

Forum doesn’t like a drinking session being called a p iss up

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 09:11:40 PM »
Ahh, fair enough, last game will definitely be a p up for the Wibsey boys so we look forward too it. Good luck between now and then! Find me and I’ll buy you a beer!