Author Topic: Y3 predictions  (Read 1926 times)

Offline schming

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Y3 predictions
« on: February 12, 2018, 09:12:29 PM »
Aireborough v Skipton
Aire going well of late and Skipton struggling but there was nothing in the away game so a close home win

Baildon v Knottingley
Baildon still fighting but the worms should have enough - however I think baildon will escape the drop. Ps I miss the boat racer' s banter...

Harrogate Pythons vOld Otliensians
Otley by 20

Hemsworth v Leeds Medics and Dentists
Leeds need to start winning as I fear they will be caught by baildon. It's a battle of the fatties vs the fitties - fatties by 10

Northallerton vLeeds Modernians
North to march on

Sheffield Medicals v Castleford
Another set of medics who seem to be struggling and nearing the drop- but I think medics will snatch this one

Wensleydale   v Stocksbridge
Dale by a lot - I think stocks nearly down

Offline 2ndRowYourBoat

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Re: Y3 predictions
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 01:18:16 PM »
Aireborough v Skipton - Aire

Baildon v Knottingley - Knottingley

Harrogate Pythons v Old Otliensians - Old Ots

Hemsworth v Leeds Medics and Dentists - Hems

Northallerton v Leeds Modernians - Mods

Sheffield Medicals v Castleford - Sheff Meds

Wensleydale   v Stocksbridge - Dale

Offline ClbNrg

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 09:05:40 PM »
Aireborough v Skipton - Aire at home should have enough.

Baildon v Knottingley - Baildon will be 100% battling in every game now and will make Knotts work very hard. Knottingley are a genuine top team in Y3 though and should do the job.

Harrogate Pythons v Old Otliensians - Pythons away like Mods away is one of the sterner tests a promotion chasing team will face. Hope the lads dont get complacent after an easy outing last week. 

Hemsworth v Leeds Medics and Dentists - Genuinely good game this if Meds were to field a team near their best. Given its away and in the winter I am going to plumb for Hems who have been great this season. Meds are fit as fook though (oo er missus) so Hems better get a strong start and some points on the board early on.

Northallerton v Leeds Modernians - This could be competitive. I think Mods are a good outfit. Us and Dale fell short at North and I think Mods will too but I do not think it will be by a big score.

Sheffield Medicals v Castleford - The Medics teams need wins now. I rate the Medical teams in this league, they always play well against us as we stupidly try to beat them at their own game. SHMEDS have very quick and fit backs so cas need to keep this game tight to win but I do think given the need for a win and being at home SHMEDS will get the win.

Wensleydale   v Stocksbridge - Dale to continue the pressuring of us and North at the top. Stocks will be fighting but not the best of travellers and Dale good at home as well as being a very good team.

Good luck all

Offline Young Turk

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 12:40:23 PM »
Aireborough v Skipton
Skipton are no pushovers, we will be expecting a battle up front, but I will plump for us to come away with the spoils by +7.

Baildon v Knottingley
Baildon's great escape to come off the rails. Knottingley by -7.

Harrogate Pythons v Old Otliensians
Pythons are in need of wins, particularly at home, if they can't manage that against Baildon I can't see it happening against a Twickenham bound Ensians. Otley +7.

No width for the Meds wheels to get moving on Hems's postage stamp of a pitch. If any team are going to beat Hems at home, they will have to go through the middle of them, the Medics don't have the heavy artillery to pull that off. Hems by +7.     

Northallerton v Leeds Modernians
Mods may have been missing a few when we played them, but from what I saw, they are a mid-table side at best and too lightweight in the pack to stop the North juggernaut. North by +7.

Shmeds seem to get getting a lot of support on here, their results aren't warranting that from me. Both teams in need of a win, but I'm going for Cas by -7.

Wensleydale v Stocksbridge
Are Stocks going to travel 90 miles, with a no doubt weakened side, and come away with a win? I don't think so, Dale by +7 (at least).

Offline Catch and drive

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 06:10:28 PM »
Air v Skipton
Airs are one of the form sides in the league and a very impressive win away at Hemsworth. A result which not many people would have expected considering how strong hems are at home.  Skipton are a unpredictable side but overall I don’t think they are a bad side at all. They are very physical which could play in to the hands of air. The last time these played it was a 3-7 win for air which shows they know how to win tight games against Skipton. This week i don’t think the score will be close, i think that air will show they are truly one of the form sides in the league and win. Air by 20

Baildon v Knotts
Both teams have stepped up in the last few weeks with baildon showing the whole league that they are up for the fight and want to stay in the league. Knotts themselves have had some good results but I was surprised that skipton take them very close a few weeks ago. I think this game again will be a close run game and can see baildon winning due to that fact they are can finally come of out the bottom 2 if results go their way this weekend. Baildon by 6

Harrogate v otley
Both teams had good results last week, with gate getting a much needed win against fellow struggler’s stocksbridge.  Otley had a good win in the national cup which must have felt like team run rather than a national cup game, so no doubt will be fresh for this weekend.  Gate finally have some day light between themselves and the bottom 2, but with playing Otley at home and then dale and Cass away they could realistically pick up no points and be brought right back down to the dog fight at the bottom of the league.
Both are good sides in my eyes but something isn’t clicking for Gate this season and unfortunately for them otley are a side that can put sides away and not give them a chance all game. Away win for me Otliensians by 14 

Hemsworth v Leeds meds
Hems will want to forget last week and put down a big marker against a student team which is struggling and seem to be getting beat every week at the moment. The students won’t fancy an away trip to Hemsworth. If the students carry on  the way they are going they could be easily brought down to a relegation battle come the end of the season. Hemsworth by 16

North v Mods
Good win for us last week against a solid dale side, we played well in parts but know our finishing needs to be a lot better this week. Mods are a half decent side that have some big lads which need stopping if we are going to win. Every team will up their game when they come to play us and I expect mods to be no different this weekend. Was a close game against these lads last time we played them and  think this one could be close but can see us pulling away with it in the end. North by 14

Sheff V Cass
Both teams are very much hit and miss at the moment, both can be good on their day but both are be pretty poor. Sheff haven’t done to bad recently and have pushed a number of teams pretty close. Cass has gone from league contenders in the early part of the season to 4th in the league and I expect them to drop a few more places in the coming weeks. They haven’t played in a couple of weeks either which means they could be a bit rusty. On the other hand I don’t think Sheff will want to be in a dog fight come the end of season or have back to back relegations on their hands. Sheff to finally put a team to the sword this weekend and show they are not a bad side. Sheff by 12

Dale v Stocks
Dale are a decent side, who are also one of the form teams in the league. Be interesting to see what their reaction is after last week’s defeat to their close neighbours, a game in which I’m told they should have won as they beat us in every department apparently.  Dale should get back to winning ways and to win well after their loss last week at the hands of North. Stocks won’t travel and will drop closer to the trap door of yorks 4 this weekend.  Dale by 30
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:03:37 PM by Catch and drive »

Offline vastabitur vermibus

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 06:17:21 PM »
Aireborough v Skipton
Skipton are still in the survival fight but Aire have been decent at home and should be strong enough to win

Baildon v Knottingley
Baildon are fighting tooth and nail to stay in this league and after the xmas break they've done the business starting to win games we won't be taking them lightly and this will be a hard game we are wanting to finish as high up the table as possible and after the shiiiite start we had we'd take finishing above our local rivals as a decent season i can't see the top 2 messing up and if they do dale will be in i think we are too far away hopefully our unbeaten 2018 continues ill never back against us as will back us to do a job here

Harrogate Pythons v Old Otliensians
ensians to have this wrapped up by halftime all the hype for gate before the season started and they've not backed it

will the hemsworth fitness of the big lads be a problem against the athlete like students? it could be but they should be out of site by that time....thats unless this super student team that destroyed ensians that not many of us seen turns up   

Northallerton v Leeds Modernians
North nothing else to add here

I'm fancying the shmeds to finally get a win here they worked us hard last week but run out of ideas second half when they couldn't break us down the cas pack isn't as fit as ours and i think we've a better back line aswell

Wensleydale v Stockbridge
dale by about 30

Offline Bastion

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 09:34:59 PM »
Aire v skipton two decent packs , aire to win a tight game .
Baildon v knotts, close game going with a Baildon win,
Pythons v ensians, otleys better backs to win the game for them.
Hems v Leeds Meds , hems bigger pack to win the game.

Aire, Baildon, ensians, hems, north,Sheffield Meds and dale all to win.

Offline RWC2003

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 01:29:45 PM »
I take it Bastion was slightly intoxicated with his most recent essay  ;D ::) :o

Aireborough v Skipton -

Aire at home, sides lower down the table seem to really struggle here.  They play their pitch well.  The Skipton lads will have other ideas and need to start earning a few points to be sure of safety.  Aire to get the bonus point win though with their experience in the league and in the bog, telling.

Baildon v Knottingley - Knottingley

Two sides in better form this half of the season than the last.  Knotts have blown their own trumpet on the forum but the results back them up.  Baildon have games and time to beat the drop, however they will look to games against out of form sides to find the points. Baildon wont see this as a relegation decider and I expect them to get soundly beaten here. 

Harrogate Pythons v Old Otliensians -

Should have been a fight for promotion fixture.  Instead this is very much a run of the mill game for OO's.  Pythons to battle to no avail.  OO's to target the bonus point win to keep the gap between themselves and third.

Hemsworth v Leeds Medics and Dentists -

Leeds Medics away = bonus point for their opposition.  Wish it wasn't that simple but 5 points are coming Hems way; even with their lack of fitness in the last 20.

Northallerton v Leeds Modernians -

One post has back against North - surely a Mods supporter?  Everything goes in North's favour - form side, at home, already won the reverse fixture and have the better forwards so the one trick pony should lead to victory at a canter.  That said, Mods love a big game and will no doubt be fired up to take the North side down; no better place to do it than at their spot!  I can't see it.  North win

Sheffield Medicals v Castleford -

I too, have a soft spot for Shmeds, and this may well be the fixture that they get the illusive W.  Cass on a poor run of form and not very convincing; Shmeds unlucky?! or 'just' not good enough in recent fixtures.  Shmeds win, close though; 4 points for the win and a losing bonus point for Cass.

Wensleydale   v Stocksbridge -

Long away day for bottom of the table, out of sorts Stocks.  Its almost March and they have yet to kick start their relegation battle.  Dale have a point to prove after a narrow defeat last weekend.  Expect an early try or two for Dale, leading to Stocks heads dropping and a large winning margin ensuing
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 02:19:57 PM by RWC2003 »

Offline Beachy

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 01:40:41 PM »
Aireborough v Skipton - Aireborough seem to have turned a corner and are now getting some big wins, so I can't see anything but a decent home victory here.

Baildon v Knottingley - A long away day to middle earth and a hard one too with how Baildon have been going recently, been saying for a while they weren't as bad as their league position, but hopefully we can keep the momentum going and get another win under the belt, won't be easy though.

Harrogate Pythons v Old Otliensians - Harrogate got the win last week against Stocks but looks like it wasn't a walk in the park so I can't see them causing any trouble to Otley, Otley by a fair few.

Hemsworth v Leeds Medics and Dentists - Hemsworth are pretty strong at home and will be looking to bounce back, can't see the students getting through them on the small pitch, they will be stumped.

Northallerton v Leeds Modernians - North to coast in to the title now, Mods are decent but won't upset the unbeaten run.

Sheffield Medicals v Castleford - Sheff have a decent sized pitch from memory and will stretch Cas about in the forwards and their backs are handy too, all depends if Cas have their full team, if they do think Cas could nick it but going for the Medics to get a much needed win.

Wensleydale v Stocksbridge - Doesn't get any easier for Stocks away at Dale a nice long away day there. Unfortunately it'll be all for nothing I can't see Dale slipping up at home to Stocks, Dale by alot.

Offline Swan Ronson

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 02:41:42 PM »
Aireborough vs Skipton - Aire strong at home and in good form. Comfortable home win.

Baildon vs Knottingley - Baildon resurgence to be cut short by in-form Knotts. Close away win.

Pythons vs Old Otliensians - Would take a big 80 minute effort from Pythons to outdo Ensians. Away win.

Hemsworth vs Leeds Medics and Dentists - Not sure the away form of LMADs could undo Hemsworth here. Home win.

Northallerton vs Leeds Mods - Mods a bit out of form, North aren't. Home win.

Sheffield Medicals vs Castleford - Shmeds solid at home but haven't picked up too many wins in the league. Predicting this is the week for a tight home win.

Wensleydale vs Stocksbridge - Unfortunately for Stocks I think Dale could rack up a cricket score here. Big home win to make the journey home even longer for Stocks.

Offline I'd rather be in t'sunshine!

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 05:30:43 PM »
Aire by 7+
Knotts by -7
OO by 14+
Hems by -7
North by 3 but could be an upset
Shef by -7
Dale by +7

Offline Beachy

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 05:57:42 PM »
Baildon v Knotts
Both teams have stepped up in the last few weeks with baildon showing the whole league that they are up for the fight and want to stay in the league. Knotts themselves have had some good results but I was surprised that skipton take them very close a few weeks ago.

To answer you catch and drive we were a man down for 70 minutes due to a gobby 9 unfortunately 😂 we still weren't brilliant but winning with 14 men for the majority was good to see.

Offline Pomfresian

• Forum old hand
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2018, 05:27:17 PM »
No stupid comments from Bez this week...sorry I mean Mud Pig!

Offline Mud pig

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 06:40:08 PM »
WOW somebody from the ca$ fold sharing their wisdom with us, that’s rarer than Ca$ winning a game these days, you could be in with a chance this weekend now! 

No stupid comments from Bez this week...sorry I mean Mud Pig!

Offline Bastion

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2018, 07:00:38 PM »
Wish it was drink rwc2003 , ageing prop who could not find his reading glasses.