$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Scores 17th February

Scores 17th February

This is a discussion for the topic Scores 17th February on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Scores 17th February  (Read 5333 times)

Locked Out

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Life is serious enough...
on: February 17, 2018, 07:26:02 PM
Yarno 27 - 26 Ripon. A cracking game where both sides tried their best, but didn't quite finish everything off consistently. Lead changed hands a few times and final penalty attempt could have won the game for Ripon, but slipped astray. Good performance from previously unseen lady ref. A refreshing change. 

thorne 123

• Forum old hand
Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 07:41:08 PM
Old crocs 55 17 thorne   By far the best team in y2 have they splashed the ????????to late on the rugby league lads ???? Difficult day for us boys travelled with 16 and lost 2 to injury in the game was always going to be a uphill battle . Good job the 2 teams below us lost again cheers

Rugby Convert

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 09:38:48 AM
Wetherby 15 Ponte 17
15 - 0 at half time to the home side. It stayed that way with around 15 minutes to go. Ponte then took advantage of a yellow card for Wetherby, running in 3 tries with the final one coming on 80 minutes. Harsh for the home side as Ponte were second best for most of the game.
Since they topped the league they have adopted a winning mentality which won them the points today. With Goole losing, win their home games and promotion should be guaranteed.

Dropped It

• Forum old hand
  • Can't catch, won't kick.
Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 10:41:56 AM
Well done to Grovians yesterday. We tried hard but just have too many missing to mount a challenge against a good team like they were. Also lots of respect for being one of the only teams this season that have stuck around and had a decent beer with us. Lots of time for that.

Another horrible injury for one of our players yesterday, dislocated hip and fractured pelvis. That’s his season done. Hope he gets back to fitness fast.

As for us we keep going and we won’t give up on this season. Leo’s we’re coming for you guys next week ????

plantpotjim

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 04:36:36 PM
Much improved performance by us this week against a good bunch of blokes. Hope the lad who did his hip is gonna be ok. Good chat with your no.1 after the match. Good bloke

wetherbyTitan

• One of the boys
Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 11:08:20 AM
I'm afraid I was away this weekend so cant comment on the Ponte vs Weth game but by the sounds of it, was a brilliant performance from the Wetherby lads.

Wetherby dominated the game for 65 minutes with the only turning point the Yellow card in he backs which Ponte took full advantage off - Gutting to lose from the last play of the game but Wetherby can take away lots from a good performance.

I would say the only bad thing from the day I was told, was the Ponte 9 cheering and showboating in the Wetherby lads faces at the end. Disappointing to say the least after what was nearly an upset, appreciate that winning at the death is a great feeling but a show of appreciation (to which the rest of the Ponte showed) should have been shown.

Good luck to Ponte for the rest of the season, the winning mentality will see them go up as champions! 

Locked Out

Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 03:17:57 PM
WT, know what you mean about the Ponte showboating - not very sporting at all. Especially their 9 with his intriguing obstruction technique as well.

Rugby Convert

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 10:23:13 PM
On behalf of Pontefract RUFC I can only apologise for the one player out of 15 (along with numerous spectators) who got over excited at the end. Of course it had nothing to do with the fact that having been outplayed for 65 minutes, 15 - 0 down, they run in 3 tries scoring at the death. Can't help thinking the reaction may have been the same if Wetherby had come back in similar circumstances.  But as always, lets just have a dig at Ponte

Locked Out

Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 11:43:25 PM
Wetherby players and supporters would have been far more magnanimous in victory, had it gone their way. Ponte take arrogance to another level.

selall

• One of the boys
Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 08:44:49 AM
No issues with the Pontefract players or crowd on Saturday, didn't see what happened supposedly with there nine, but if you went 80m to score on the last play of the game any team would be celebrating. 

Thought they were actually a good set of lads, staying in the bar after the game for a while and lots of chat between the two sets of players.

Rugbae

• Finding my feet
Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 09:26:27 AM
Then your observation skills are nearly as good as your lineout throws

wetherbyTitan

• One of the boys
Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 09:37:40 AM
And love life

Rugby Convert

• Finding my feet
Reply #12 on: February 20, 2018, 09:39:52 AM
Locked Out
Ouais ouais, je pensais que c'était les Français qui étaient arrogants ;)

Locked Out

Reply #13 on: February 20, 2018, 01:26:34 PM
Merde!

Maroon

• Finding my feet
Reply #14 on: February 20, 2018, 09:44:20 PM
Had some really hard battles with Pontefract over the years  always found them very accommodating hosts who do things right

The club i played for were for a number of years local and fierce rivals to Pontefract but once its full time its time for a beer and a catch up, i live locally to Pontefract and occasionally get the oppottunity to go  and watch them, I always get a good welcome from the boys who played against me and for that they will always have my total respect

I am pretty sure i know the scrum half involved on  Saturday and i have also played against him . He is a decent lad but like most good scrum halfs he not shy in coming forward and at times the heat of the moment catches up with us all