$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Will Northallerton go unbeaten all season?

Will Northallerton go unbeaten all season?

This is a discussion for the topic Will Northallerton go unbeaten all season? on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Will Northallerton go unbeaten all season?  (Read 3885 times)

Mud pig

• One of the boys
on: February 19, 2018, 08:24:43 AM
Who thinks Northallerton will go an entire season unbeaten? If you think they won’t who will beat them?

I personally think from the games remaining knotts are the only team that have a realistic chance of taking their 100% record.

RWC2003

• Finding my feet
Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 09:04:19 AM
 ;D

With regards to knotts run, it has been very good so far in 2018 and good luck for the rest of the season.

Just had a look and North have Cass away, Medics away, stocks away, Pythons away, Dale away to name but a few.  Traditionally “North don’t travel well” so they have several very hard games left before they can even consider going unbeaten. 

The knotts propaganda is extremely amusing.  No one takes the bait anymore and it looks ridiculous, especially given that it is all self praise on the forum. 

Haven’t seen any posts from the North camp blowing their own trumpet, or any sides other than Knotts doing so for that matter. 

Mud pig

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 09:47:47 AM
RWC I’m not in any teams camp, ca$ haven’t performed for a good couple of months stocks, gate and medics are easy wins for them Dale might push them close but they play a similar game and north play it better. Knotts play a different game and have come to since the new year started and I think they’ll cause North more problems than the other teams mentioned! No trumpets being blown for any team. It is quite amusing as Knotts have started winning games the negativity towards them has grown! Just my honest observation

Gingerwhinger

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 12:23:10 PM
No easy games in Yorkshire 3 & I’m pretty sure north will approach the remaining games the same way as we’ve done the games so far, taking each game as they come  & not looking too far ahead

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 12:33:36 PM
Thanks for the complement Mud Pig by saying we have the best chance of beating North, but I think they've proven they're no pushover and won't lose their unbeaten record without a fight. I think any team on their day in this league can turn anyone over especially if you're not at the races so I wouldn't discount any of the teams North have to play especially if they have Dale away.
The lads aren't blowing their own trumpets RWC2003 and are taking one game at a time and just enjoying the winning run while it lasts although our beloved Hoodie does enjoy stirring the pot from time to time and riling up all the experienced rugby critics on this forum, it's one of his favourite hobbies. I do think it will have to be a great performance though to take North's unbeaten record off them.

hoodie

• A little respect please...
  • 4TOTTY
Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 01:18:43 PM
;D

The knotts propaganda is extremely amusing.  No one takes the bait anymore and it looks ridiculous, especially given that it is all self praise on the forum. 

I find this quite annoying... Everyone complaining about the lack of banter on the forum and it seems to me that it's only the knottingley contingent that are trying to keep the forum from turning into the boring Y5 page... And there's still a moan from the old farts.

And yes young beachy I do now and again get my big wooden spoon out... Just to get a nibble or two.

Just might have to nudge the Cas caravans to get a response later... If they haven't come back from selling their pegs and lucky Heather
Confront the fear, feel the courage, join the battle.

Mud pig

• One of the boys
Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 03:47:49 PM
Well beachy you do like to sit on the fence, from the games I’ve been to watch this season knotts have turned a corner and have really improved their game. The difference from what I’ve seen is they’re now taking their chances when given them and their defence has improved impeccably. Nobody can knock Norths season and nobody is trying tarnish their run as I don’t think they’ll get beat this season. My opinion is that Knotts, for me, is the only team with the fight, grit and player quality in both the pack and back line to cause North problems. Dale play a very similar game to North and if it wasn’t for their laser guided penalty taker I don’t think they’d be in 3rd and north play that type of game better! Hoodie we here from the ca$ Entourage when they win...we might be waiting some time for that.

Catch and drive

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 04:51:18 PM
Some very tough games for us at north, each having their own challenges... no doubt knotts will be a tough game especially if their form continues! Every game is tough in this league and we've got to go to Harrogate and dale still who ran us close at home. We still have meds to play which will no doubt be a tough game, even more so if they get a decent side out. We're just taking it one game at a time at north. It will be nice to go unbeaten and do a league and cup double but we know each team would love to be the first to beat us! Hopefully the run continues.......

Bastion

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 09:15:51 PM
Keep stirring with that spoon of yours hoodie don't let the old farts like Rwc 2003 with his shanter stop you .

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 06:05:21 PM
Not sitting on the fence Mud Pig I just know that North away will be a very tough game for us even when we're playing well. I do think we have turned a corner since the new year and are now winning those close games we were losing at the start of the year and may be getting back to last year's form. Hopefully we can cause them some problems and possibly get the win, who knows we might even be lucky enough to get another sterling North report.