$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Relegation

Relegation

This is a discussion for the topic Relegation on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Relegation  (Read 12160 times)

Sail By

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 12:59:04 PM
Guys please don't pinch our thread by talking dirty promotion talk!! ;D

Muted Response

• A little respect please...
  • Calm on the surface, but paddling like crazy below
Reply #16 on: April 02, 2018, 10:05:40 PM
level transfer didn't do Acklam any harm . . . . they've had an unbeaten season so far this time!

avinastella

Reply #17 on: April 02, 2018, 10:13:51 PM
level transfer didn't do Acklam any harm . . . . they've had an unbeaten season so far this time!
And as it stands, looks like they'll be coming back again - based on current league standings
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Muted Response

• Calm on the surface, but paddling like crazy below
Reply #18 on: April 02, 2018, 10:19:52 PM
And as it stands, looks like they'll be coming back again - based on current league standings
If they get promoted to DN1 then i don't think they can be asked to transfer again . . . . they become exempt (i think)

avinastella

Reply #19 on: April 02, 2018, 10:38:34 PM
If they get promoted to DN1 then i don't think they can be asked to transfer again . . . . they become exempt (i think)
By coincidence this came up at the Heath Scarbs match on Saturday. View seemed to be that they could. Just checked the Regs, and if i've read them correctly - it isn't easy. It does look like they are eligible. Think it's the promotion that works against them.

Ribbflagman

Reply #20 on: April 03, 2018, 12:22:49 AM
Would be very hard on Acklam imo. But at least they would know what to expect. Would be interesting to know who else may be level transferred. Suppose that Stockton and B. Castle if they weren't promoted would be likely candidates as would Guisborough depending on where the geographical lines are drawn.

Lock2509

• One of the boys
Reply #21 on: April 03, 2018, 02:05:51 PM
Would be very hard on Acklam imo. But at least they would know what to expect. Would be interesting to know who else may be level transferred. Suppose that Stockton and B. Castle if they weren't promoted would be likely candidates as would Guisborough depending on where the geographical lines are drawn.

I think Barnard Castle are in the Durham county and wont be transferred. Whereas Stockton and Guisborough are more likely to be moved across if needed.

avinastella

Reply #22 on: April 03, 2018, 02:13:39 PM

I think Barnard Castle are in the Durham county and wont be transferred. Whereas Stockton and Guisborough are more likely to be moved across if needed.
Academic which County they are in. Mileage to other clubs in the League/Division is the primary decider - hence you chaps and Acklam keep moving across.

avinastella

Reply #23 on: April 03, 2018, 04:01:55 PM

Got nothing better to do, so just done a google maps check.
Based on current league positions in N1E, DN1, DN2, Y1, Y2. Assuming nothing changes - yes, we know it might. And that two go up from Y1 (assumption).
The likely candidates for Level Transfer based on mileage and shortest route (according to Google) are:

Acklam - 828.9 miles
Darlington - 854.8 miles
Stockton - 882.5 miles
Guisborough - 882.7 miles
Redcar - 910.4 miles
Barnard Castle - 928.1 miles

Excluding B.C. from the equation, the local mileage between the above leaves us with;
Acklam = 880.1
Stockton = 946.9
Darlington = 947.8
Guisborough = 948.4
Redcar = 975.7
B.C. = 1052.3

The saving grace for B.C. is the distance to 'Ensians and Beverley.
Acklam could have a get out depending on the correct interpretation of Reg 13 Level Transfer. I think you'd need the Lawyer who penned it to explain.

So, all pretty close. Only needs Heath to manage promotion and Redcar enter the mix for Level Transfer.

Up The Ack

• Finding my feet
Reply #24 on: April 03, 2018, 08:50:23 PM
Watch out for Whitby pinching 2nd place in D&N2 and gaining promotion to level 7. Sure candidate for a level transfer and a tough season if it happened

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #25 on: April 03, 2018, 09:03:19 PM

Based on current league positions in N1E, DN1, DN2, Y1, Y2. Assuming nothing changes - yes, we know it might. And that two go up from Y1 (assumption).
The likely candidates for Level Transfer based on mileage and shortest route (according to Google) are:

Acklam - 828.9 miles
Darlington - 854.8 miles
Stockton - 882.5 miles
Redcar - 910.4 miles

Excluding B.C. from the equation, the local mileage between the above leaves us with;
Acklam = 880.1
Stockton = 946.9
Darlington = 947.8
Guisborough = 948.4
Redcar = 975.7
B.C. = 1052.3

Acklam could have a get out depending on the correct interpretation of Reg 13 Level Transfer. I think you'd need the Lawyer who penned it to explain.

So, all pretty close. Only needs Heath to manage promotion and Redcar enter the mix for Level Transfer.
AVS. You anorak!
I thought I was bad with Top 5 thread!! ????????????
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

avinastella

Reply #26 on: April 03, 2018, 09:47:47 PM

Acklam - 828.9 miles
Darlington - 854.8 miles
Stockton - 882.5 miles
Redcar - 910.4 miles

Acklam = 880.1
Stockton = 946.9
Darlington = 947.8
Guisborough = 948.4
Redcar = 975.7
B.C. = 1052.3

AVS. You anorak!
I thought I was bad with Top 5 thread!! ????????????
Did say i had nothing better to do.  :)

avinastella

Reply #27 on: April 03, 2018, 10:02:44 PM
Watch out for Whitby pinching 2nd place in D&N2 and gaining promotion to level 7. Sure candidate for a level transfer and a tough season if it happened
Based on earlier criteria. Whitby = 924.4 miles.
Won't be in the mix unless Scarbs blow it, then they jump right up to 2nd choice. However it would depend on who the other LT club would be.

At the moment, based on Google, i'd say Acklam and Darlington.
If Acklam survive the transfer due to rules (and God knows they deserve to), then Darlington and Stockton.

Still got the Anorak on DAA.   ;D

Up The Ack

• Finding my feet
Reply #28 on: April 03, 2018, 10:11:19 PM
Definitely will not be Darlington as they are struggling in bottom half of D&N2

avinastella

Reply #29 on: April 03, 2018, 10:26:57 PM
Definitely will not be Darlington as they are struggling in bottom half of D&N2
Oops, you're right. I probably included them due to distance.

So, excluding Darlington, you're looking at;
Acklam
Stockton
Guisborough

Don't envy the committee