$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Best of luck to York in National Cup

Best of luck to York in National Cup

This is a discussion for the topic Best of luck to York in National Cup on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Best of luck to York in National Cup  (Read 8415 times)

WL XIII

• A little respect please...
  • "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #15 on: April 01, 2018, 10:24:27 AM
Not Barbie-itis, DAA, just the observation that two weeks ago the Jug's number one target was said to be the Cup. If it was the league, you wouldn't have rested players?

Bit of a $hitty comment though. Having a niggle after York lost.

Number 1 target doesn’t mean they can’t want both things.

It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #16 on: April 01, 2018, 10:34:30 AM
Nobody paying attention to you on N1E again? Must be a lonely existence. Our sympathies go out to you  :-*
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

WL XIII

• "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #17 on: April 01, 2018, 10:47:21 AM
Actually pal this is a National Cup thread.
So I reckon it’s ok if I have a natter. What are your credentials?
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

Master_Knowledge

• Forum old hand
Reply #18 on: April 01, 2018, 11:12:07 AM
Red horseman just metaphorically had your pants pulled down and bum smacked in front of all your friends.

Your recent comments have deserved it.

The Show Pony

• Forum old hand
Reply #19 on: April 01, 2018, 07:24:16 PM
I still want to know who we rested for the Salem game?

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #20 on: April 01, 2018, 07:38:15 PM
The first choice 6?  ????????????????????????
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

avinastella

Reply #21 on: April 01, 2018, 08:04:00 PM
The first choice 6?  ????????????????????????
In that case, he didn't play the week before either.  ;)
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

The Show Pony

• Forum old hand
Reply #22 on: April 02, 2018, 11:31:14 AM
I was working until 2.45 so had to go on the bench....

intense1

• Forum old hand
Reply #23 on: April 02, 2018, 11:32:47 AM
All smells a bit of jealousy to me, York clearly have the best squad as discussed on a different thread which very few actually participated in... I don't know if they rested players or whether they were injured or whether it was all folly. The team they named was strong enough to get a 5 point win.

To say the cup is priority is an interesting comment, a cup run good fun and gives you an opportunity to play at twickers if thats your cup of tea after 6 games? The league is 26 weeks of the year and takes a much bigger concerted squad effort, promotion opens doors for revenue, better oppostion, recruit a few better players to add to fantastic unit that got you there too. This is why Bev, Heath, Scarbs and Boro are fighting tooth and nail to get that second spot.

The fact remains all these clubs would trade positions with York in heartbeat.

Sail By

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #24 on: April 02, 2018, 12:04:07 PM
" promotion opens doors for revenue, better oppostion, recruit a few better players to add to fantastic unit that got you there too."

Do you really believe that promotion opens doors for revenue?
You really need do your homework on that comment as the costs of running a team in a higher division will easily out weigh the extra income.

York have had a great season and are deservedly at the top of the table.
They will do well next season if they keep the squad together and could push for promotion with the addition of a few players.

intense1

• Forum old hand
Reply #25 on: April 02, 2018, 12:15:36 PM
So you basically agree with what i said minus the revenue. Cant be that bad other wise why would you want to aspire for higher?

Sail By

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #26 on: April 02, 2018, 12:36:52 PM
Yes I agree with all of your other points, but there is a cost of running a squad at a higher level..and that is nothing to do with paying players.

Lee_D

• Finding my feet
Reply #27 on: April 03, 2018, 08:45:50 AM
Not Barbie-itis, DAA, just the observation that two weeks ago the Jug's number one target was said to be the Cup. If it was the league, you wouldn't have rested players?

Bit of a $hitty comment though. Having a niggle after York lost.

Number 1 target doesn’t mean they can’t want both things.

York never as far as i can remember said that the Cup was our Number One priority, it was a really nice to have when we were in the thing. Winning the league has always been top of my priority.
And this resting, i thought i put this to bed in the actual thread? we rested people that had slight niggles, i have very good strength in depth for players so i can do this fairly comfortably without putting weak sides out. I am very sorry for the teams that dont have the same strength available to them. but we do, 35/40 players to training every Tuesday and Thursday, a second team working with the same calls and playing structure to the 1XV makes it very easy to do.

Woody

• One of the boys
Reply #28 on: April 03, 2018, 01:33:51 PM
Lee D did you rest some key players against Selby or did they just perform better than you expected? They certainly surprised Heath with a fantastic performance. A score line of 7-10 seems promising especially for teams like Beverly and Old Brods who will now be backing themselves for a win. I believe your hardest game will be against Old Brods. The last time York won at Old Brods was in 2012/2013 season. Lose this game and the league title could slip from your hands.

The Show Pony

• Forum old hand
Reply #29 on: April 03, 2018, 02:53:36 PM
Lee D did you rest some key players against Selby or did they just perform better than you expected? They certainly surprised Heath with a fantastic performance. A score line of 7-10 seems promising especially for teams like Beverly and Old Brods who will now be backing themselves for a win. I believe your hardest game will be against Old Brods. The last time York won at Old Brods was in 2012/2013 season. Lose this game and the league title could slip from your hands.

No players were rested for Selby. They were clearly massively up for the game and their defence was the best I have seen this season. Very physical team and its a shame they haven't had the team they have now all season. Fingers crossed they stay up because I feel they could shock a few people next season!