$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; I reckon that’s the League

I reckon that’s the League

This is a discussion for the topic I reckon that’s the League on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: I reckon that’s the League  (Read 3951 times)

WL XIII

• A little respect please...
  • "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
on: April 14, 2018, 08:50:29 PM
Well done Alnwick, worthy champions. Literally right up there at the top of the world and League.

I reckon Driffield are good for second and I genuinely hope you win play off. You was best side I’ve played against this season. How we beat you at your gaff we have no idea.

I feel a bit for poor Penners I felt it was there’s to lose. But happy to have them in our league next season. Great bunch.

I am convinced YM will beat West Hartlepool. Sealing Percy Parks fate.
I’ll be sorry to see the back of them.

Really enjoyed playing in this league. The early starts are a bit tedious on a Saturday morning. But had great fun in the NE. Hope everyone else has enjoyed the League.

Looking forward to seeing Brid next week.....hoping for 4th time lucky.
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

RuggerBug

• Finding my feet
Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 10:05:30 PM
Technically, Alnwick aren't over the line yet they need one more point.
As I said in NE v Yorkshire post at end of January the Morpeth v Alnwick game would be key.

If Alnwick do get promoted and Percy Park are relegated with Northern and West Hartlepool, Morpeth will be feeling lonely next season.

TheChainsaw

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 12:29:55 PM
In theory yes, mathematically no. If Alnwick lose next week away at Morpeth and fail to get a BP & Driffield win and get the full 5 pts, Driffield will be crowned champs due to number of league wins. Should lead to an epic final weekend next week. Looks like we will have the weather for it too! Fantastic league this season. Credit to all clubs

RuggerBug

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 04:59:11 PM
Morpeth Alnwick are historically very close with Alnwick on a roll - 6 wins and a draw from the last seven.
Last season Alnwick won 3 - 2 league and the County Cup final - cum points difference 11 !!
This season an opening 16 all draw at Alnwick followed by a 15 - 10 cup win also at Alnwick having been down 10 - 0 at HT.
Expecting an epic game, form book says Alnwick, laws of averages favours Morpeth.
Driffield should get 5 points at B&B.
I see that our west league only have 13 teams which makes it hard for the second placed side to earn a home playoff.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 07:48:45 PM
I very much doubt that Driffield will think that promotion will be good for them...
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

avinastella

Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 08:17:18 PM
Morpeth Alnwick are historically very close with Alnwick on a roll - 6 wins and a draw from the last seven.
Last season Alnwick won 3 - 2 league and the County Cup final - cum points difference 11 !!
This season an opening 16 all draw at Alnwick followed by a 15 - 10 cup win also at Alnwick having been down 10 - 0 at HT.
Expecting an epic game, form book says Alnwick, laws of averages favours Morpeth.
Driffield should get 5 points at B&B.
I see that our west league only have 13 teams which makes it hard for the second placed side to earn a home playoff.
Any idea who dropped out?
Will this have an impact on relegation - assuming Penrith will now move back over to the west.?
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

TheChainsaw

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 09:15:11 PM
St Benedicts

avinastella

Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 09:20:38 PM
St Benedicts
Really?
They got to Twickers only a year or two ago too.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

TheChainsaw

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 09:21:54 PM
2 will be relegated instead of the usual 3 from N1W

Penrith moving back to N1W will be reliant on who wins the playoff game. If 2 go up out of N1E the leagues should be balanced

WL XIII

Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 11:54:58 PM
I very much doubt that Driffield will think that promotion will be good for them...

Is this a east coast thing?

Driffield are doing a lousy impression of a team without aspirations. 

It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

MonkeyHanger

• Finding my feet
Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 04:20:43 PM
I also think the league will stay as it is at present, although Percy Park may have something to say about that they've gave themselves a lot to do.

Next year it seems the league could essentially be a Yorkshire premier save for Morpeth and Durham City, obviously showing the great work going on at grass roots in the Yorkshire leagues.

It does seem a shame to see NE rugby in such a sorry state, with some great clubs dropping down the divisions, West Hartlepool obviously spring to mind, but its not that long ago Darlington were flying relatively high and now they're clinging on in DN2.

WL XIII

Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 11:31:55 PM
Agree it’s a shame.

Taking nothing away from anyone else I’d like to visit PP again next year and think the league would be more fun with a few more NE teams.

I reckon play offs could provide one though