$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Would people have a problem with York resting players?

Would people have a problem with York resting players?

This is a discussion for the topic Would people have a problem with York resting players? on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Would people have a problem with York resting players?  (Read 11194 times)

The Show Pony

• Forum old hand
With the league sewn up, we are planning on blooding the majority of our second team and some good colts in the next two games, before selecting the first team again to play the last home game of the season.

I'm guessing people might actually kick off about this so just wanted to know people's thoughts on the matter.

I personally feel we have built ourselves into a good position where we are able to do this to help the club move further forward by giving many young talented players some first experience

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 10:27:35 AM
Good idea...
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 10:33:18 AM
Going fishing early SP?
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

The Show Pony

• Forum old hand
Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 10:43:26 AM
Not fishing its 100% true.

Back 5 (of the scrum) and 9 both not playing for the next 2 weeks and have been asked to train just Thursday or each week to help with he run through

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 11:04:50 AM
Not sure I would be happy about that if I was associated with Scarborough or Middlesbrough!

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 11:17:05 AM
In Fact having just reviewed the current standings in the table. I would be very unhappy if York rested players this weekend!

The second place promotion play off position could be resolved this weekend. Then I would agree that it would be good to blood other players in the last two games of the season, when they do not impact on any outcomes for the league!

North Ribb are relegated do you think Selby would be happy if they put out a weakened side against WH? I think not!

I would urge the decision  makers at York to revisit this decision. Would York be happy if the shoe was on the other foot?

The Show Pony

• Forum old hand
Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 11:42:40 AM
In Fact having just reviewed the current standings in the table. I would be very unhappy if York rested players this weekend!

The second place promotion play off position could be resolved this weekend. Then I would agree that it would be good to blood other players in the last two games of the season, when they do not impact on any outcomes for the league!

North Ribb are relegated do you think Selby would be happy if they put out a weakened side against WH? I think not!

I would urge the decision  makers at York to revisit this decision. Would York be happy if the shoe was on the other foot?

Club showing faith in our very strong under 9's team who can't wait for their first team debut

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 12:12:53 PM
OK you got me!!! ;D ;D

MyPennysWorth

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 12:27:27 PM
For me this is an absolute no brainer. You've earnt yourself the position of already being promoted, therefore you deserve to make whatever decision absolutely suits your club best and if that means resting your experienced players  to give your young future players an opportunity then so you should! You shouldn't worry about other teams, you've earnt the opportunity to do this.

After all, the young lads you want to bring through are the future of your club at York and should be looked to be developed at any given opportunity. Besides after all, if you don't look after these young lads they might leave in order to be given an opportunity playing elsewhere. Then people will moan that you have to look elsewhere for players.

So for me you've earnt the opportunity to do so and should relish in being able to give your young lads an opportunity ????????????????????????

Lock2509

• One of the boys
Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 12:55:20 PM
The York v Beverley game wont make a difference, however dependent on results this weekend York may need to think about playing their strongest team possible against Heath as this could hinder Scarbs getting 2nd. If Heath lose this weekend though then it wont matter as Heath will not be able to get 2nd.

Lock2509

• One of the boys
Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 12:59:07 PM
Not sure I would be happy about that if I was associated with Scarborough or Middlesbrough!

This wont affect Middlesbrough, unless the Heath v Middlesbrough game is a draw and Scarborough get 0 points. Highly improbable.

stubbs

• One of the boys
Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 01:35:24 PM
Let the individual players make their own decisions as to whether they want to play or not. certainly I would want to play, no fun in watching if fit and able. anybody carrying minor knocks the advice would be sit it out. there is a 2nd team league game on 28th so team going to Heath will have to be 1st team.
2nds are top of their league and win it if they prevail

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 01:41:11 PM
If (big word I know) Heath beat Brough and take 4pts.
Scarbs lose at Keighley and get nothing or 1 pt.
York send a weakened side to Bev and Bev get a 5 point win.

Then Bev can still make second with a 5 point win over the AA Roadwatch under 12's.

Although it would be too late for Scarbs by then, Bev would hope that York send their best available side to Heath, to do them a favor!

this plot is as complicated as Marcella!

Rugby01

• One of the boys
Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 02:41:57 PM
RFU Regs would seem to prohibit this unless agreed by North Committee

13.6.2 Teams
Every Club must in all matches in any League Competition play its strongest
possible first XV (save where a match involves its second or lower XV at
Level 8 or below) unless agreed otherwise by the Committee.

I think Ampthill from the Midlands division were denied promotion to level 4 for playing an understrength team in a league match prior to a Twickenham cup appearance. I think they tried to provide medical evidence, but it failed to convince the RFU Disciplinary Committee

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 03:02:29 PM
RFU Regs would seem to prohibit this unless agreed by North Committee

13.6.2 Teams
Every Club must in all matches in any League Competition play its strongest
possible first XV (save where a match involves its second or lower XV at
Level 8 or below) unless agreed otherwise by the Committee.

I think Ampthill from the Midlands division were denied promotion to level 4 for playing an understrength team in a league match prior to a Twickenham cup appearance. I think they tried to provide medical evidence, but it failed to convince the RFU Disciplinary Committee

That explains BRB's comment.

Good Idea! and then silence.