$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions 08.12.18

Predictions 08.12.18

This is a discussion for the topic Predictions 08.12.18 on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Predictions 08.12.18  (Read 5586 times)

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
on: December 04, 2018, 03:40:32 PM
Usual pick 6 from 7 plus your joker.

Aireborough v Wensleydale
Baildon v Leeds Modernians
Castleford v Thornensians
Harrogate Pythons v Leeds Corinthians
Hemsworth v Halifax Vandals
Rotherham Phoenix v Knottingley
Sheffield Medics v Skipton

Dale
Baildon
Cas
Hemsworth
Rotherham
Skipton
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 06:37:50 AM by gateprop »

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 04:31:16 PM
Aireborough v Wensleydale. Home advantage but a close game on paper
Baildon v Leeds Modernians. Again purely home advantage with this one
Castleford v Thornensians. Tough game up front but Cas should have far too much for Thorne, home or away..
Harrogate Pythons v Leeds Corinthians. Just fancy Pythons with this one. Grinding it out with their uncompromising rugby
Hemsworth v Halifax Vandals head ruling heart.
Rotherham Phoenix v Knottingley Based purely on form but if Rotherham turn up, Grotts could be at the wrong end of an hiding.

hoodie

• A little respect please...
  • 4TOTTY
Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 07:41:16 PM
Aireborough v Wensleydale. Home advantage but a close game on paper
Baildon v Leeds Modernians. Again purely home advantage with this one
Castleford v Thornensians. Tough game up front but Cas should have far too much for Thorne, home or away..
Harrogate Pythons v Leeds Corinthians. Just fancy Pythons with this one. Grinding it out with their uncompromising rugby
Hemsworth v Halifax Vandals head ruling heart.
Rotherham Phoenix v Knottingley Based purely on form but if Rotherham turn up, Grotts could be at the wrong end of an hiding.

The Rotherham P v Knottingley prediction is a bit of a cop out... Predicted Knott'la win but they could end up of the wrong end of a hiding?
Talk about covering your bets... Just have more courage in your convictions
Confront the fear, feel the courage, join the battle.

Jimmy85

• Forum old hand
Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 08:31:20 AM
Aireborough v Wensleydale   -   Wensleydale.
Baildon v Leeds Modernians   -   Mods. Joker
Castleford v Thornensians   -   Thorn.
Harrogate Pythons v Leeds Corinthians   -   Pythons
Rotherham Phoenix v Knottingley   -   Knottingley
Sheffield Medics v Skipton   -   Medics

Good luck all.

Dropped It

• Forum old hand
  • Can't catch, won't kick.
Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 08:52:53 AM
Aireborough v Wensleydale - No disrespect to Aire, just for me its the clearest result of the round and why I made it my Joker.
Baildon v Leeds Modernians - Baildon will have to pick up their game at the set piece. But if they can, they can move the ball about and with being at home I think they can get it.
Castleford v Thornensians - Game of the weekend. Cas at home to get the W.
Harrogate Pythons v Leeds Corinthians - Another tight one. One team we beat at home the other we didn't. That's all i'm basing it off
Hemsworth v Halifax Vandals - No idea.
Rotherham Phoenix v Knottingley - Pheonix to make the most of home advantage.
Sheffield Medics v Skipton - Skipton are the better side. They just need to put it together to get the win.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 08:54:26 AM by Dropped It »

Pomfresian

• Legend
  • duplex crucis
Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 04:18:10 PM
Made me laugh, Hoodie telling me to have more courage in my convictions.....

Like all teams in this league Hoodwinker, if they could field a full strength side every week, there would only be two or three sides in it and Knottla wouldn't be one of them. So basically if Rotherham field a full strength side against yours....you`ll get stuffed

Is that convincing enough? nice to see you back anyhow after a couple of wins. How Ironic!

SpeedyG

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 05:31:06 PM
Wensleydale (J)
Baildon
Castleford
Pythons
Hemsworth
Phoenix

Quality 2

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 07:34:54 AM
Wensleydale
Mods - joker
Thornensians
Pythons
Hemsworth
Rotherham

FatProp1

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 09:02:14 AM
Aireborough v Wensleydale - Dale (J).
Baildon v Leeds Modernians - Home advantage Baildon
Castleford v Thornensians - Close one, but Cas with home advantage
Harrogate Pythons v Leeds Corinthians - After man shaming the fat Rotherham prop for 80 mins this should be an easy win for Leeds
Hemsworth v Halifax Vandals - Hemsworth pack to win it up front
Rotherham Phoenix v Knottingley - Last week the fat guy played and they lost, just as predicted. Problem Roth have is, that I hear they had to use a very inexperienced player as captain who left 12 easy kickable points on the field, opting to scrum under the posts even with the poor fat loose head on the pitch. I'm sure the lad who was captain on Sat used to be quite good but apparently a significant weight gain has slowed both body and mind.  With their illustrious captain back on the field this week I am sure they will put Knottingley to the sword. I predict the heavy set fat sh*t house of an 8 will have a storming game this week after suffering some physiological abuse last week. Roth by 25+
Sheffield Medics v Skipton - Medics backs to win it at home

Sheeptownlad

• Finding my feet
Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 09:45:13 AM
Aireborough v Wensleydale - Wensleydale could struggle here
Baildon v Leeds Modernians - Baildon at home although Mods do seem to be improving so this could be a close one
Castleford v Thornensians  - Big game here, Cas just
Harrogate Pythons v Leeds Corinthians - Very very close game, have to go with Harrogate
Hemsworth v Halifax Vandals - Vandals in a close game
Rotherham Phoenix Joker v Knottingley - Knottingley don't seem to travel too well
Sheffield Medics v Skipton - No comment

Could be  draws all around this week, a very good match up for all, good luck everyone!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 10:01:44 AM by Sheeptownlad »

Young Turk

• One of the boys
Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 11:21:08 AM
Aireborough v Wensleydale - Got to back us at home on a softer pitch than the last time we met
Baildon v Leeds Modernians - Baildon at home, no doubt Mods will be missing some of their student ringers
Castleford v Thornensians - Hardest game to pick this week, go with Cas and home advantage but not by many
Harrogate Pythons v Leeds Corinthians - Corinthians rugby league backs to be slowed down by the quagmire at Harrogate, Pythons have the stronger pack
Hemsworth v Halifax Vandals - Very winnable game for Vandals with Hems in a bit of turmoil after their skipper jumped ship back to Knotts
Rotherham Phoenix v Knottingley - Rotherham the better outfit and at home, but could be a bit of a banana skin if the ref is a bit slack on the high tackles
Sheffield Medics v Skipton - Can't see Meds being at full strength, the softer pitch will suit Skipton better, their pack will win it for them if enough of them make the journey

hoodie

• A little respect please...
  • 4TOTTY
Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 12:08:45 AM
Made me laugh, Hoodie telling me to have more courage in my convictions.....

Like all teams in this league Hoodwinker, if they could field a full strength side every week, there would only be two or three sides in it and Knottla wouldn't be one of them. So basically if Rotherham field a full strength side against yours....you`ll get stuffed

Is that convincing enough? nice to see you back anyhow after a couple of wins. How Ironic!

I thank you in your response sir
With the retort of getting stuffed speaks volumes.
Clearly all teams fully manned would be truly a handful opponents, and with your lack of respect is a reflect on yourself.
I'm positive on recent results regarding the Knottingley contingent results have been quite positive and uplifting with players playing to there full potential.
With new structure and guidance we'll soonbe pushing the league table
Confront the fear, feel the courage, join the battle.

thorne 123

• Forum old hand
Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 08:21:42 AM

Aireborough
Baildon
Thornensians
Harrogate Pythons ( j)
Hemsworth
Rotherham Phoenix
Sheffield Medics

2ndRowYourBoat

• Finding my feet
Reply #13 on: December 07, 2018, 09:02:49 AM
Baildon v Leeds Modernians - Baildon
Castleford v Thornensians - Thorn
Harrogate Pythons v Leeds Corinthians - Pythons - JOKER
Hemsworth v Halifax Vandals - Vandals
Rotherham Phoenix v Knottingley - Phoenix
Sheffield Medics v Skipton - Skipton

Swan Ronson

• Finding my feet
Reply #14 on: December 07, 2018, 03:11:19 PM
Aireborough v Wensleydale - Could go the other way but form says Dale.
Baildon v Leeds Modernians - Baildon are tough at home and should grind it out in the wet.
Castleford v Thornensians - Home advantage to count.
Harrogate Pythons (J) v Leeds Corinthians - Pythons the better team, especially at home.
Hemsworth v Halifax Vandals - Could go either way, not predicting.
Rotherham Phoenix v Knottingley - Phoenix at home though a good fight from Knotts so far.
Sheffield Medics v Skipton - Punting on an away win but wouldn't be surprised with a Shmed victory.