$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 16/11/19

Author Topic: Results 16/11/19  (Read 4466 times)

Offline 41yearoldBaldy

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Results 16/11/19
« on: November 16, 2019, 04:00:01 PM »
Knottingley 30-3 Halifax

Offline oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: Results 16/11/19
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 04:04:30 PM »
Close game?

Offline 41yearoldBaldy

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 04:09:34 PM »
It was 3-0 at half time by all accounts i was getting updates

Offline oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 04:13:11 PM »
So was I, 9-3 with 11 mins to go.

Offline Fat Back

• Finding my feet
  • Let's spice things up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 04:24:12 PM »
Had a gander down to watch the world famous Worms this afternoon as my local game was called off. Game of two halves as the score was only 3-0 at half time. Discipline from both teams was poor in the first half with knottingley improving in the second which was the difference. Halifax very competitive for 60 mins before knottingley ran away with it. Heard a few whispers in the crowd that knottingley were missing a few key players but I was impressed nevertheless. I was expecting thuggery from the home side after a few comments on here previously but that wasn't the case today. I hate to give knottingley praise as that will just fuel Fenton and his Gin addiction later this evening, but ultimately knottingley played the conditions better and got the win. Shout out to knottingley stocky 12 who was the stand out player

Offline isc12

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 05:11:44 PM »
Very good battle at Knottingley today. Fair outcome but not sure we deserved going down by that much. Guess that’s what defending for the majority of the first hour of the game does to you. Wore us down in the end. See you at our place

Offline Beachy

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2019, 05:17:05 PM »
Think everyone's given a fair account of the game already but happy to get the win against a good Vandals team who I think deserved a bit more than the scoreline suggests, doesn't really give a fair representation of the game with 3 tries in the last 10 minutes from the worms. Good to meet Dropped It and hope to see him at their place next year! Some interesting results elsewhere, ossett upsetting the apple cart!

Offline sausagefingers

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2019, 05:56:10 PM »
Saw the baildon skipton game. A tough win for the baildon lads that did well during the 90something minute of play to keep the skip lads out and keep the win!
Very questionable refereeing and poor discipline in the breakdown kept the home team in it. Skipton didn’t capitalise on chances and couldn’t spread the ball wide. Ultimately their undoing.

Btw, some Jeremy kyle scenes - One of the baildon players walked off the field shouting at the ref during the second half after being hit 3/4 times with high tackles (head shots) and apparently was head butted. As the ref didn’t see any of it (no idea how) the lad spat his dummy out shouted at the ref and walked off. It was funny but To be fair to the lad, the ref should have been Looking after the players!

Offline Fenton

• Forum old hand
  • Surrounded by Idiots
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2019, 05:57:03 PM »
Had a gander down to watch the world famous Worms this afternoon as my local game was called off. Game of two halves as the score was only 3-0 at half time. Discipline from both teams was poor in the first half with knottingley improving in the second which was the difference. Halifax very competitive for 60 mins before knottingley ran away with it. Heard a few whispers in the crowd that knottingley were missing a few key players but I was impressed nevertheless. I was expecting thuggery from the home side after a few comments on here previously but that wasn't the case today. I hate to give knottingley praise as that will just fuel Fenton and his Gin addiction later this evening, but ultimately knottingley played the conditions better and got the win. Shout out to knottingley stocky 12 who was the stand out player
Fat **at had to go after a couple at the club, mrs Fenton wants to go a for a meal out so I won’t be on the evil gin until a bit later, poor game by both sides for 60 mins, ref thought it was all about him and his whistle, but the last 15/20 mins showed the worms power , missing a few, but that is no excuse the guys in the field were the best on the day and they did the job, nice pint with Dropped it after the game, apart from his I’m going to carried of moment, although he just had wind, had a decent game, good set of lads 

Offline Dropped It

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2019, 06:45:04 PM »
Yep good game for 60mins and then it went to s**t.

Well done to Knottingley they deserved their win. Good hospitality at the end (aside from the 200db of Baby Shark blaring out haha). As I said we love playing the worms. Always a tough game with plenty of big hits and fronting up from both sides.

Good to put some faces to names and I did get a pint bought for me. Thank you gents for that. Much appreciated.

I don’t like commenting on refs. (This is my view and not my clubs btw)

I very rarely do it, but today he spoilt the game. Nothing to do with the result btw. We can lose a game by ourselves.
However there were too many things on both sides that he was poor with. And he seemed obsessed with shouting at and telling the supporters off who disagreed with his ridiculous decisions. (Giving a penalty whilst saying he didn’t see what happened, for example). I know we need them to have a game on but he slowed the game down and was the worst we have had this season. He wasn’t up to it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 06:49:06 PM by Dropped It »

Offline Fat Back

• Finding my feet
  • Let's spice things up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2019, 07:13:44 PM »
Yep good game for 60mins and then it went to s**t.

Well done to Knottingley they deserved their win. Good hospitality at the end (aside from the 200db of Baby Shark blaring out haha). As I said we love playing the worms. Always a tough game with plenty of big hits and fronting up from both sides.

Good to put some faces to names and I did get a pint bought for me. Thank you gents for that. Much appreciated.

I don’t like commenting on refs. (This is my view and not my clubs btw)

I very rarely do it, but today he spoilt the game. Nothing to do with the result btw. We can lose a game by ourselves.
However there were too many things on both sides that he was poor with. And he seemed obsessed with shouting at and telling the supporters off who disagreed with his ridiculous decisions. (Giving a penalty whilst saying he didn’t see what happened, for example). I know we need them to have a game on but he slowed the game down and was the worst we have had this season. He wasn’t up to it.

Couldnt agree more Dropped it. I felt the ref made a lot of correct decisions but could have played more advantage than he did. Other than that I thought he was fair both sides. Knottingley 10 kicked Vandals to death in the second half and a bit more composure from the Vandals back 3 could have capitalised a couple of times. But as the old saying goes, if my grandma had a set of b**ls she'd of been my grandad. The Worms were good for their win today. Looking forward to the Corinthians game now

Offline flying_kiwi

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2019, 07:47:48 PM »
Look forward to these expert refs picking up the whistle next week and helping fill the void of referee shortages we currently see.

Happy to provide you with the contact names of the society development and recruitment officers.

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2019, 08:07:38 PM »
Flying Kiwi.. last week our prop wasn’t great.. rang me and told me so, our winger bombed a try & our 10 missed a penalty to win the game. If we are being constructive can’t we ever criticise an official? Pull your head out of your inside-centre mate, he definitely hasn’t done anything on purpose but he obviously hasn’t had a good game had he? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Offline Lost Welshman

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2019, 08:17:02 PM »
Good hard game today Vs Pythons, hard fought in the mud but we held in there and dig out the win at the death.

I’ve gotta say I thought the ref we had today was one of the best I’ve seen all season, clear and vocal whilst letting the game run, he’s got to be ear marked for the higher leagues

Offline Dropped It

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2019, 10:18:07 PM »
Just want to clarify I’m not saying I don’t understand that it’s tough being a ref. It’s bloody hard.
I haven’t complained about a ref in years and I don’t like doing it as they’re giving up their time to do it.

Refs are human too. Just thought today’s wasn’t at the level needed for the match. I won’t go into why on here. But if an assessor was there today they will have seen.