$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Promotion Battle

Promotion Battle

This is a discussion for the topic Promotion Battle on the board Yorkshire 3.

Poll

Who is going up?

You may only select up to 2 options.

Author Topic: Promotion Battle  (Read 4008 times)

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
on: March 07, 2020, 09:11:23 PM
With 13 points between 3rd and 4th you’d imagine it’s now a 3 horse race, barring anything extraordinary, so who do we think will be playing Yorkshire 2 rugby next season?

Leeds Corinthians - Played 20 Points 78
Fixtures - Aire (A), Pythons (H), Hemsworth (A), Otliensians (H), Ossett (A), Vandals (H)

Baildon - Played 19 Points 73
Fixtures - Skipton (H), Medics (A), Knottingley (H), Rotherham (A), Ossett (H), Vandals (H), Otliensians (A)

Knottingley - Played 19 Points 73
Fixtures - Vandals (A), Cas (H), Baildon (A), Aire (H), Wibsey (H) double header, Pythons (A)

gateprop

Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 09:15:57 PM
I think Corinthians have got the favourable run in there so the Baildon v Knottingley game could well be deciding 2nd place. Based on recent results and the fact that Baildon are at home against Knotts I’ll back them to take 2nd place behind Corinthians. Knottingley will push them all the way though.

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 05:17:34 PM
From a Knottingley point of view we're still happy to be there or thereabouts at this point and looking forward to the rest of the games. I would say we have some very tough away fixtures with Vandals, Baildon and Harrogate all to play and could come away with a big fat zero from those games. We also have the big 10 pointer against Wibsey which could make or break us, but we'll just take each game as it comes and see where we end up come the final day! Promises to be an entertaining finish to the season that's for sure.

gateprop

Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 05:25:09 PM
From a Knottingley point of view we're still happy to be there or thereabouts at this point and looking forward to the rest of the games. I would say we have some very tough away fixtures with Vandals, Baildon and Harrogate all to play and could come away with a big fat zero from those games. We also have the big 10 pointer against Wibsey which could make or break us, but we'll just take each game as it comes and see where we end up come the final day! Promises to be an entertaining finish to the season that's for sure.

All 3 teams are in the same boat knowing that if they win all their remaining games they will go up.

Quality 2

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 06:49:25 PM
I suspect that Leeds will secure 1st place, but 2nd, i really think that will come down to the Ensians v Baildon re-arranged game at the seasons end, assuming the weather doesn’t mess us all up again!

Too old too slow

• One of the boys
Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 07:20:56 PM
I think grottingley would be better placed to make the step up .... baildon would need to splash even more cash and buy a decent pack , it got smashed all over the pitch by wibsey's, not sure what the backs are like as the 10 doesn't like passing it's out wide

Boatracer

• Legend
  • Lose on the pitch, win by the bar.
Reply #6 on: March 09, 2020, 05:12:37 AM
I think grottingley would be better placed to make the step up .... baildon would need to splash even more cash and buy a decent pack , it got smashed all over the pitch by wibsey's, not sure what the backs are like as the 10 doesn't like passing it's out wide

Funny that ‘too old too slow’.
I seem to recall we beat you 38-18 on your own patch.... oh and also beat you 22-17 at our place.

Plus you have at least 6 lads from Salem playing for you. There not going to drop down to Y3 from Y1 for the fun of it. I smell hypocrisy a little 🤣🤣.

Oh and you’ve either been eating Sour Grapes or a $hit Sandwich.

Back to the cheque book for you men next season.

Alt’ Best x
Yes, my scrum cap is wee coloured...

Too old too slow

• One of the boys
Reply #7 on: March 09, 2020, 09:14:44 AM
🎣🎣.....lol...I've caught a Whopper

Water Boy

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: March 09, 2020, 03:45:58 PM
Leeds to go up as champions as they have the points on the board and appear to have the easier of the 3 run ins. A few twists and turns for 2nd place i reckon, with a few tricky away fixtures left for both teams. 

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
Reply #9 on: March 09, 2020, 05:43:52 PM
I think all 3 would survive in y2, Leeds to be champions then I think Baildon will grab second spot as they have the home advantage in the knottingley game.