$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; What happens if the Season finishes early?

What happens if the Season finishes early?

This is a discussion for the topic What happens if the Season finishes early? on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: What happens if the Season finishes early?  (Read 32650 times)

carlthewlisjohns

• One of the boys
  • Rugby is always the winner
Reply #15 on: March 13, 2020, 09:56:22 PM
They can play at Moortown for free after us.

MORLEYBOI

• Finding my feet
Reply #16 on: March 13, 2020, 11:42:42 PM
I’m sure B&B will face sanctions

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #17 on: March 13, 2020, 11:57:51 PM
They can play at Moortown for free after us.
They'll need training in use of the poo hoover....🤣
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Ian1307

• Finding my feet
Reply #18 on: March 14, 2020, 12:17:29 PM
Note that Bishop Auckland have just cancelled all rugby activities until the 3rd April at least. Is this likely to be the case for all clubs after this weekend?

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #19 on: March 14, 2020, 12:24:11 PM
I'm just surprised that any sport, anywhere is still going ahead this weekend.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Town

• Finding my feet
Reply #20 on: March 14, 2020, 12:57:07 PM
Graham I hope you’re locked up at home all warm and cosy surrounded by your inflatable dolls, toilet roll and pot noodles. Wouldn’t want you going out side around people in the first place let alone  in these testing times ahead!

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #21 on: March 14, 2020, 01:15:04 PM
I’m sure B&B will face sanctions
Why have they been buying heating oil from Iran?
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #22 on: March 14, 2020, 01:21:48 PM
I'm just surprised that any sport, anywhere is still going ahead this weekend.

The reality is that those supposedly in the know have accepted we can't stop it so now require people to catch the disease in as controlled a way as possible and banning everything all at once is not the way to do that, no matter how callus it seems. Amateur sport is predominantly carried out by the younger part of the population so is a good starting point to get the disease expanding as the under 60's seem to cope reasonably well with the symptoms, the hope is they will isolate themselves from the older population when they become ill. The reality is unless they come up with an immunisation programme in the next week or so (which they won't) 2/3rds of the population is going to get ill over the coming weeks and months and there is nothing you or I can do about stopping it, so let's play and watch rugby as sensibly and as long as we can and look after each other when we get ill.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #23 on: March 14, 2020, 02:39:45 PM
2 games in Yorkshire 3 off today that I know of because players quarantined.

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
Reply #24 on: March 14, 2020, 05:05:14 PM
Disgraceful. They should be doing all they can to encourage the disease expansion in the younger population group as rapidly as possible, surely.

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
Reply #25 on: March 14, 2020, 05:08:49 PM
Eastern Counties taking a stance....

"Please read the following statement sent to us from Eastern Counties RFU in regards to Youth and Mini rugby on Sunday 15th March.

“Coronavirus Update: Youth Rugby on Sunday 15 March - Eastern Counties Under 13s Festivals Cancelled; County Cup finals may continue
While there has been no update to the guidance from the Government or from the RFU, Eastern Counties have reluctantly taken the decision to cancel the under 13 festivals that were due to take place on Sunday 15 March. It has become clear that there was significant anxiety among the rugby community about the gathering of large numbers of players, coaches and spectators in venues across the region and that it was not appropriate for those events to continue.

There are a number of club youth fixtures and county cup finals scheduled for Sunday 15 March and these can continue provided both clubs are happy that they should proceed. Should either club wish to postpone the match then they may do so without penalty.

Clubs with mini rugby festival scheduled will advise participants about any changes to their plans directly.

At this stage it is not possible to advise when or whether any postponed events or matches might take place.

Clubs are advised to take all sensible necessary to maintain hygiene for their members and visitors and make such changes to their normal practice as might be necessary.

Eastern Counties understands that clubs, players and parents are being asked to make decisions in times of great uncertainty and will support all clubs and individuals in whatever decision they make within the bounds of the guidance available. All individuals should feel able to take their own decisions based on their personal circumstances.

This advice will be updated as and when further information becomes available.”

Oldandslow

Reply #26 on: March 14, 2020, 06:17:23 PM
Thanks RH good to see someone is taking a stance.

In Durham one Medicals v North Shields was off today because N Shields were very concerned about the virus. Although meds were more than happy to play they agree to postpone the fixture. I also understand the two clubs have agreed to rearrange at a sensible date that suits both clubs and not be forced to cram the fixture into some date dictations by outsiders like RFU North.

Common sense I think

avinastella

Reply #27 on: March 15, 2020, 01:14:05 AM
Thanks RH good to see someone is taking a stance.

In Durham one Medicals v North Shields was off today because N Shields were very concerned about the virus. Although meds were more than happy to play they agree to postpone the fixture. I also understand the two clubs have agreed to rearrange at a sensible date that suits both clubs and not be forced to cram the fixture into some date dictations by outsiders like RFU North.

Common sense I think
Except.
To the letter, that does not comply with the RFU edict.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #28 on: March 15, 2020, 11:03:56 AM
Disgraceful. They should be doing all they can to encourage the disease expansion in the younger population group as rapidly as possible, surely.
There is some logic in this comment.
The quicker we expose the youngsters to this virus, the quicker they will recover from it and so long as they are no longer infectious after recovering, they will be less of a threat, to grandparents etc. 
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

Rugby01

• One of the boys
Reply #29 on: March 15, 2020, 07:18:58 PM
Backrowbandit

I've read up on it and the regs are very clear:

- in the event of the league competition not being completed the following will be the default position:

i. any club which requires a walk of more than 25m from clubhouse to pitch side will be relegated
ii. any club that hoovers shittt up off the pitch will be relegated
iii. any club with a sense of grandeur and superiority will be promoted..

Hope that helps ...

I could not find the regulations to which BRB refers.

However, I did find a little information on Wikipedia – ref National Division 3 North : Level 4 2000-01

The foot-and-mouth outbreak made relegation far from straightforward as initially the bottom two were Aspatria and Tynedale, who had played 18 games each - less than any of the other teams in the division. In Tynedale's case this was particularly hard as they were only 1 point behind 12th placed Sandal but had played six games less. In the end the RFU had to re-think relegation and used a complicated process based on early season form which meant that 14th placed Aspatria and 11th placed Walsall went down.[3][6] Aspatria dropped to North Division 1 while Walsall went into Midlands Division 1

Both Aspatria and Walsall appealed, but with no success.

Also found this on Old Rishworthians web site

In the 2000/01 season they came joint second, again coached by Peter Walker and captaincy of Daz Wade. Promotion was thwarted by the RFU imposing the "foot and mouth ruling" when calculating its position in the league, and the Club lost out by one hundredth of a point.