$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Is that the end?

Is that the end?

This is a discussion for the topic Is that the end? on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Is that the end?  (Read 10612 times)

Chief Selector

• Forum old hand
on: March 16, 2020, 09:00:47 AM
I have a feeling that last weekends matches were our last this season

Speccy

• Forum old hand
Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 09:06:51 AM
Totally agree,there are some things more important than sport,or playing remaining games of rugby,football etc. You cant ask people to stay away from each other,then insist they play remaining games. I expect an announcement from the RFU later today.

Lads Dad

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 07:55:07 PM
It's all off rfu website

Whoopey

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 08:01:13 PM
Done and dusted unfortunately.

Premier3

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 07:41:56 AM
As in isolation - Any more thoughts on what people think about finishing the season ? Is it the end ?

west vale lad

• Forum old hand
Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 08:51:36 AM
I believe that there will be no more rugby this season and they will keep teams in the same league as they started season 19/20 for 20/21 - - unless they mess about with the leagues and reduce them to 12!!!

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 01:30:44 PM
In isolation as well. I think they will formulate final positions based on previous meetings between clubs. I can't see them voiding the season.

avinastella

• A little respect please...
Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 01:35:29 PM
According to League Secretary, no decisions have yet been made.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

avinastella

Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 01:39:39 PM
Dear all

At last evening's conference call we were updated on the work being done by the group.

1) A Review of the options for Men's and Women's Leagues.

2) If the Leagues had to be curtailed at this point, how would we determine Promotion and Relegation?.

3) What possible models we could use to determine Promotion and Relegation? whilst minimising the impact on the integrity of the competition.

We also had to bear in mind, what would happen in what appears to be the unlikely event of the season being allowed to restart .

Would it be right after say after  4 week break to ask players to recommence playing ?, what would be the views of the players?, would they want to play?.

The group were also considering sustainability for clubs and player welfare

The group were to focus on two plans

Plan "A" was if we did not restart and the season finished now, how would we determine promotion and relegation. it was stated there was 7 or 8 options being considered to decide this .

Plan "B" was if we were allowed to restart in say 3 weeks , how we would conclude the season. this was considered to be abortive work but was being done in the unlikely event that it happened,

In terms of priorities the Men's and Women's Leagues would come first. it is unlikely that the County Championship would take place.

Timescale for working group:
Draft report for CGB by Wednesday
Report to Governance by End of March
Proposals to Council 1st of April

The DOCs were invited to put any suggestions to the group via myself on either of the two plans, please bear in mind the big picture ,not individual club cases. Any suggestions
to myself and I will pass on.

Followed by:

Further to my update today which included:-
Plan "B" was if we were allowed to restart in say 3 weeks , how we would conclude the season. this was considered to be abortive work but was being done in the unlikely event that it happened,

It may help for the task force to know if there are strong feelings either way within the clubs.

Without addressing promotion/relegation issues could you (League Contacts) indicate your preference of these three?

1    End season now. No more rugby this season
2    Continue to explore possibility of resuming
3    Unable to commit at this time

Please do not answer with provisos. If your answer depends on other factors please just answer 3.

The sooner we can indicate our opinions the better.

League contacts - please reply by Friday 21.00
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Premier3

• Finding my feet
Reply #9 on: March 19, 2020, 08:37:42 PM
Thanks for the info

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #10 on: March 19, 2020, 08:55:04 PM
Given the situation in other countries and the vast increase in deaths in Italy there is no way we will be playing rugby in 3 or 4 weeks. Barmy to even think it.

End it now, everyone can concentrate on what they are doing at home and then tell us the outcome for promotion relegation ASAP.

Move on.

Premier3

• Finding my feet
Reply #11 on: March 19, 2020, 09:55:10 PM
Dan- What you think should happen ??

T123

• Finding my feet
Reply #12 on: March 19, 2020, 10:21:40 PM
Not sure if you reply to this
Thorne option 1
100%   
More trying times a head for everyone rather than worrying about rugby

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #13 on: March 20, 2020, 06:34:15 AM
Dan- What you think should happen ??

Either the make previous matches between opponents not played twice double headers or they award points for remaining games based on win percentages.

Of course, those that do get relegated that were close to saving themselves will be upset but I just think you can't void the season so close to the end.

Oldandslow

Reply #14 on: March 20, 2020, 07:47:41 AM
Dan

They could use early season form as happen in the foot and mouth outbreak. But that would adversely effect clubs who have improved their results since Christmas. Thinking of Ponte and Brid who have done better in 2020.

On promotion scrap the playoff games and only promote one from both Yorkshire 1 and Durham 1 and only relegate two from the league above.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 07:50:10 AM by Oldandslow »