$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Is that the end?

Is that the end?

This is a discussion for the topic Is that the end? on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Is that the end?  (Read 10611 times)

Premier3

• Finding my feet
Reply #15 on: March 20, 2020, 10:59:56 AM
Thats it!! The RFU have confirmed that the end to this season has come.

Be interesting to hear about promotion and relegation in the coming days/weeks.

Keep safe

tommyontherailway

• Finding my feet
Reply #16 on: March 21, 2020, 05:48:44 AM
2019/2020 season is ended being 80% complete, the only fair way to adopt final league positions and implications, is for every remaining fixture to be assigned a 0-0 Draw with 2 points to each team. This would then look like:-
Old Brodleians 100pts Promoted from Y1 to North One east
Consett 115pts Promoted from D/N to North One east
Heath Promoted from Y1 to North One east (Playoff - Heath 96pts Vs Middlesbrough 92pts)

Keighley 48pts and Hullensians 30pts Relegated from Y1

Percy Park 62pts, West Hartlepool 33pts & Huddersfield YMCA -15pts relegated from North One East.

Woody

• One of the boys
Reply #17 on: March 21, 2020, 07:59:29 AM
Regardless of the decision some teams will not be happy. Heath or Brods would have finished top of Yorkshire 1. Consett would have definitely finished top of D&N. Therefore I think it would be good to reward the clubs at the top of the league. Keighley and Percy Park would not be happy about tommyontherailways suggestion, however it does make sense and fair for the majority. I’m assuming other teams in Yorkshire 1 would like to see Heath and Brods move up the league?

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #18 on: March 21, 2020, 06:22:42 PM
WRU have agreed that there is no promotion or relegation. Seems reasonable to me.

Woody

• One of the boys
Reply #19 on: March 21, 2020, 07:02:01 PM
No promotion or relegation is not a good thing. In particular no relegation. Teams are at the bottom of the league for a reason. They are playing rugby below the level that is required. Teams like Hullensians need a season to rebuild in Yorkshire 2. Just like rishworthians have done. Otherwise they will go through another hard season, which won’t attract players to the club. Also Huddersfield YMCA have had a tough time this year, they need a season to regroup and rebuild. Not another season of getting hammered. I’m sure the RFU will take this into consideration when making their decision. Will this be announced in April?

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #20 on: March 21, 2020, 07:13:51 PM
WRU have agreed that there is no promotion or relegation. Seems reasonable to me.

Someone at Rishworthians doesn't want to get promoted then!

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #21 on: March 21, 2020, 08:47:16 PM
Dan

I was merely stating a fact and this would solve the play off situation. As far as Old Rishworthians are concerned, the club will go along with whatever is decided. Having lost out to Hessle in 200-01 season owing to the foot and mouth outbreak by 1/100th of a point anything is possible.

tommyontherailway

• Finding my feet
Reply #22 on: March 22, 2020, 10:28:48 AM
Every team in every league has aspirations at the start of the season, knowing what they have to do to achieve their goals. It is important that the successful teams are rewarded for them to continue in their aspirations and for the future of this wonderful game, which is most challenging in a season. Woody is correct, very good points about relegation and as I stated we are over 80% through the season and by using the 0-0 Draw 2 points each method(which if I am correct has been used before) for the remaining fixtures, is the fairest way in these unfortunate difficult times.
For you all STAY SAFE.

Chief Selector

• Forum old hand
Reply #23 on: March 30, 2020, 03:12:26 PM
if this decision was down to me and me alone and dont forget my club is Selby and we are going nowhere so i feel its a neutral view, i would do the following:
* 80-85% of the season already gone so unfair to Null and Void
* Start the end of the 2019/20 season in September 20
* first 4 matches to conclude the season 2029/20
* Allow promotion and relegation to happen
* Commence the new 2020/21 season in mid to late October 20
* Run the season until 2nd week in May 21
* Cancel all National and domestic cup competitions

neverplayedstandoff

• Deputy Moderator
  • A little respect please...
Reply #24 on: April 02, 2020, 06:31:39 PM
Chiefs probably a good job it is not up to you then.
Small problem with organising fixtures if you don’t know what league you are in till end Sept.
Y1 Pundits league winner 2010/11 seems a long time ago

Gav Iscon

• One of the boys

tommyontherailway

• Finding my feet
Reply #26 on: April 04, 2020, 10:06:46 AM
Well done RFU, a method that endorses league rugby principles.
All the very best to both Heath and Old Brodleians, well deserved.