$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Season Finished

Season Finished

This is a discussion for the topic Season Finished on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Season Finished  (Read 5347 times)

gateprop

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
on: March 16, 2020, 06:44:10 PM
RFU statement:
Following government advice, the RFU will suspend all rugby activity in England, at both professional and community level.

Rugby activity includes club training, league and cup matches plus rugby education courses from 17 March until 14 April subject to continued review.

The decision has been taken following government advice in the interests of players, coaches, referees, volunteers, supporters and the wider rugby union community. 

Where possible, players at all levels are encouraged to maintain their own personal fitness and keep active during this time, while following government guidelines about safe distance and safe exercise environments.

The RFU will continue to review and monitor government advice and will provide detailed updates on the impact to the season in the coming weeks.   
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 11:59:20 AM by gateprop »

Boatracer

• Legend
  • Lose on the pitch, win by the bar.
Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 06:49:41 PM
RFU statement:
Following government advice, the RFU will suspend all rugby activity in England, at both professional and community level.

Rugby activity includes club training, league and cup matches plus rugby education courses from 17 March until 14 April subject to continued review.

The decision has been taken following government advice in the interests of players, coaches, referees, volunteers, supporters and the wider rugby union community. 

Where possible, players at all levels are encouraged to maintain their own personal fitness and keep active during this time, while following government guidelines about safe distance and safe exercise environments.

The RFU will continue to review and monitor government advice and will provide detailed updates on the impact to the season in the coming weeks.

We’re already onto the 9th May with games to be played... this suspension would mean the season finishing Saturday 6th June if it was to resume on the weekend of 18th April .

Can’t see that happening.

It’s been a blinder gents 👍
Yes, my scrum cap is wee coloured...

rcholmes

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 10:47:26 AM
https://www.englandrugby.com/news/article/rfu-ends-the-201920-rugby-season-in-england

Shall have to wait and see how this affects promotion and relegation across the Yorkshire leagues.

gateprop

Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 12:07:26 PM
As per the RFU statement posted above the season has been ended. Remains to be seen what happens with promotions/relegations etc but I’ll keep this page updated as much as possible. Stay safe everyone and see you all next season.

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 02:13:00 PM
I think it was pretty inevitable that the season was over but they've got a real tough situation now with deciding how leagues are finalised in terms of promotion and relegation. Some leagues have clear run away teams who are already promoted and teams at the other end who are dead and buried in some instances, yet for example our league has 3 teams who could all take top spot if all fixtures were finished. So do they use a blanket rule for all leagues or look at each league differently? I wouldn't want to be the powers that be right now! Either way it's been a great season in Yorkshire 3 and probably the most entertaining for a while, see you all soon I hope!

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 03:02:13 PM
Impossible task to decide final league positions and keep everyone happy.

It would be interesting to know peoples views on if they want promotion ( LC, knotts & baildon) and at the other end if they want relegation for a chance to rebuild.(hems, skip, Roth & Aire).

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 12:22:39 PM
It looks like we may get an answer tomorrow at 6pm on what's happening and how they finish the leagues. Should be very interesting seeing how they calculate the remaining games in such a tight league, I think ours is one of the tightest!

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Forum old hand
Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 01:03:13 PM
Before I make my points, I honestly hope Baildon don’t get promotion. Local derby for us and a chance to get some revenge after 2 loses this year. Plus a chance to make cheap jokes about them wasting money on coaches instead of improving their Victorian changing rooms.

Baildon have to be promoted, they are the most consistent side, they don’t rely on
any league lads and were coming home with a wet sail.  They just beat Leeds at Leeds and their only difficult remaining fixtures were medics away and knottingley at home. In my opinion they wouldn’t have lost either.  Just my opinion!

As for relegation I believe it would have ended as it is now with Rotherham and Aireborough slipping into y4.

Beachy

• Forum old hand
Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 02:04:14 PM
I don't think anything that gets said on here will effect the outcome but would be good to see everyones opinions on it. Baildon also have a big game away to Otliensians where I would say Ensians would fancy themselves as favourites. Corinthians also have to play Ensians and Harrogate and we have a double header at home to Wibsey which could be pivotal depending on how they decide that would have gone and obviously the fixture between Baildon and us! Alot of things to consider in this magical calculator. I don't think the amount of league lads in a team should effect the outcome though, after all when they step on the pitch they are indeed playing union. 😂

gateprop

Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 02:55:17 PM
Best Playing Record

as between the Clubs at Level 4 and below:

• which of the two Clubs had the better percentage record taking the number of league points (including bonus points) gained (or awarded by the appropriate Organising Committee taking into account any appeals and the result thereof) during the current Season programme of league matches (as reflected in the final league table) as a percentage of the maximum number of league points (including bonus points) it was possible to gain had the Club won every one of its matches against the other Clubs shown in the final league table;

• in the event of the percentages being identical which of the two Clubs had the better percentage record taking the number of wins (as reflected in the league table) as a percentage of the maximum number of matches played during the current Season programme; 

• in the event of the percentages being identical which of the two Clubs had the better percentage record taking the number of draws (as reflected in the league table) as a percentage of the maximum number of matches played during the current season programme;

• in the event of the percentages being identical which of the two Clubs had the higher average winning margin in its said programme of league matches to be calculated by deducting from the points scored by the Club the points scored against the Club and dividing the difference by the number of matches played by the Club (or deemed by that Club’s Organising Committee to have been played by the Club in that Competition points were awarded to the Club) in the Club’s said league programme. When determining Best Playing Record as between two different leagues (Play-off venue), a match awarded in favour of a Club as a 0-0 Walkover shall not be counted when calculating that Club’s average winning margin;

• if this still does not establish the Best Playing Record then the Clubs involved shall be ranked according to the percentage number of matches won, excluding the first League match of the season.  If necessary this process shall be extended to exclude the second match, third match and so on until a Best Playing Record is established.
Best Runner Up

the County not winning its pool and

(i) having the next best total of competition points for  matches won and drawn or failing that

(ii) having the greater or greatest positive points difference by subtracting the match points conceded from the match points scored or failing that
 (iii)  having scored the most match points “for” or failing that

(iv) having scored the most number of tries or failing   that

(v)  having scored the most number of goals from tries   or failing that

(vi) having the greater or greatest positive aggregate   points difference by subtracting the match points   conceded from the match points scored in Away   matches played or failing that

(vii)having scored the greater or greatest aggregate match points “for” in Away matches played or failing that

(viii)having scored the greater or greatest aggregate  number of tries in Away matches played or failing  that

(ix) having scored the greater or greatest aggregate   number of goals from tries in Away matches played  or failing that

(x) by the toss of a coin by the Committee or its  nominee, in the presence of two independent  witnesses.

gateprop

Reply #10 on: April 02, 2020, 03:00:39 PM
I’d tried to work it out but the language is open to interpretation so just gonna wait for the publication of the final league table.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 04:21:34 PM by gateprop »

TonyCurtis

• One of the boys
Reply #11 on: April 02, 2020, 03:54:09 PM
I’ve interpreted it differently - the way I’ve read it is that points are awarded for the remaining games based on performance percentages.

At Vandals, our performance record is 39.23% (points accumulated, 51, v total points if we’d won everyone of its games against the other clubs in the final table, 130)

That means we’d “lose” the games Baildon, Wibsey & Leeds Corinthians (they’ve got better performance percentages) and “beat” Castleford & Rotherham Phoenix

oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
Reply #12 on: April 02, 2020, 06:39:18 PM
Based on Gateprops explanation, I think both Carol Vorderman and Rachel Riley will be required.