$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Final league standings

Final league standings

This is a discussion for the topic Final league standings on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Final league standings  (Read 4543 times)

T123

• Finding my feet
on: April 02, 2020, 10:11:20 AM
The RFU will produce the final league standings for this season tomorrow at 6pm
Does anyone know what will happening promotion/relegation ?
I see Leeds Carnegie have been relegated from championship is this a indication that there will be promotion/relegation ?

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 12:44:54 PM
Yes there is promotion and relegation.  Remaining game scores worked out via some formula.

old style prop

• A little respect please...
  • anyone seen me tabs.
Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 02:50:47 PM
From my reading the leagues will stand as is, might be a case of giving every team a few points for each outstanding game to compensate teams that have a game in hand.
As far as i am aware they will then carry out promotion/relegation as normal. Not sure how this will work a bit higher up were they have play offs ? Might even come down to coin toss but we need to know that before we know if its 2 or just 1 team relegated per division. From Y2 point of view I don't think many would argue against Hegians and Rish deserving to go up, but Barnsley and WPL might feel they still had an outside chance of getting 4 or 5 wins from there last few games to give them an outside chance of staying up.

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 02:56:30 PM
Looking at the remaining fixtures they both had the the top two to play still, plus away trips to Northallerton, Ripon...

With the greatest of respect I am not sure they would have done enough.

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 03:41:45 PM
No playoffs. Promoted team(s)  based upon better scoring record. In Y1 Old. Rods and Heath go to N1E with Consett. Middlesborough had a poorer playing record.
Ymca and Bradford and Bingley to come down to Y1 and Percy park to DN1.
That’s my understanding.

Oldandslow

Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 04:01:58 PM
No playoffs. Promoted team(s)  based upon better scoring record. In Y1 Old. Rods and Heath go to N1E with Consett. Middlesborough had a poorer playing record.
That’s my understanding.

I agree with most of that but think B &B will survive as they have only played 21 games same applies to Malton. Percy Park and Durham had played 22 games but same points as Malton and one more than B&B so I think it will be one of them that end up third bottom.

Ian1307

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 05:35:20 PM
I understand games played is irrelevant, so B&B, West Hartlepool and YMCA come down from N1E, Hullensians and Keighley down from Y1

Rugby01

• One of the boys
Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 07:05:11 PM

That’s my understanding.

West Hartlepool might be surprised.  They are 30 points below B&B and Percy Park

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 08:15:53 PM
Oh dear what a mistake. Sorry

neverplayedstandoff

• Deputy Moderator
Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 08:30:32 PM
Allo Allo have you got a bit of Italian blood in you.
Y1 Pundits league winner 2010/11 seems a long time ago

Gav Iscon

• One of the boys