$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; N1E, NE1, NE2, NE3 Honours Updated

N1E, NE1, NE2, NE3 Honours Updated

This is a discussion for the topic N1E, NE1, NE2, NE3 Honours Updated on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: N1E, NE1, NE2, NE3 Honours Updated  (Read 10445 times)

Novocastrian

• One of the boys
on: April 07, 2020, 11:06:53 AM
It had taken me most of yesterday updating the various leagues but I've managed to update most of the Wikipedia pages for the current North One East Division (L6).

Additionally I was able to fully update the now defunct leagues of North East One, North East Two and North East Three.

However, due to all the various league restructurings over the years there was also an additional North Division Two league created (now defunct) which bridged the gap between the National Leagues and the North Eastern Leagues between 1994-1996. This means I haven't been able to update the league seasons when clubs such as York (they won it once), West Park Bramhope, Manchester and Alnwick resided in them, for example. I assume another wiki page would need to be created, but there may already be one of that name. Any help would be appreciated.

I have also added the original teams in the league from 1987. This should help you chart your club's progression throughout the years. It's interesting to note, the rise, fall and re-rise and re-fall of some clubs throughout the years.

Unfortunately I'm missing season 1990-91 and 1992-93. Any help on these would be appreciated. As I am hoping to do the Yorkshire leagues as well.

Hopefully, for some clubs, this  will also help them update their history books on forgotten league titles they may have won in the early days. I've got a bit more work to do on it, but any input and comments are appreciated!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_1_East
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_East_1
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_East_2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_East_3

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 02:37:51 PM
I'm not sure York can be classed as champions... I'm afraid they should only be classed as promoted.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Novocastrian

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 02:42:34 PM
I'm not sure York can be classed as champions... I'm afraid they should only be classed as promoted.

I'm talking about York in 1995 or 1996

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 04:36:57 PM
It didnt take long for the mask to slip BRB. Just as well for your sake you are not working in a HDU!!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 04:39:20 PM by Dark Arts Advocate »
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

Memory_Man

• Legend
Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 06:10:36 PM

What are Scabs classed as in that case? “Rescued?”

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 07:53:35 PM
I'm afraid York will always be known as "Promoted" not Champions. I know it's a shame for the players but it's just the way it is. If the league had continued they may not have been promoted at all......basic maths.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 07:54:20 PM

We're gutted ...we.were just starting a charge...

Ian1307

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 08:25:59 PM
I'm afraid York will always be known as "Promoted" not Champions. I know it's a shame for the players but it's just the way it is. If the league had continued they may not have been promoted at all......basic maths.

Thankfully only in your mind. We regard ourselves as Champions of North 1 East and promoted into North Premier on merit no matter what you say, think or use your Forum to spread rumour and untruth. Reality you got what you professed to want, no promotion or relegation and we got what we wanted through hard work, great coaching and a player roster that showed a willingness to learn, develop and try new things and got their just reward at the end of the season.

Anyone got the link to the Rolling Mail forum?

Pristine Shorts

Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 10:18:51 AM
I’m sure I posted twice here last night.... they’ve disappeared !

Anyway... I’ll be leaving Rolling Maul shortly, so our friends from York can take over one of the few Yorkshire spots. Looking forward top the N1E banter and some great away trips too.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 11:22:55 AM

We're gutted ...we.were just starting a charge...
The close of the season early helped you dodge a bullet! Given the points that you were generously awarded by a formula that did not take into account your recent and current form, nor the difficulty of the fixtures you had remaining.

Its just as well you had a good start to the season otherwise you may well have been back in Yorkshire 1!

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 11:26:50 AM
But sadly you'll never be able to say you were champions, just promoted thanks to a mathematical fudge...

stubbs

• One of the boys
Reply #11 on: April 08, 2020, 02:08:04 PM
BRB,

have scarborough ever been in level 5?  also I can't understand how Wilmslow haven't been promoted from N1W even though they were in 6th, but only 2 pts behind the promoted club with a game in hand, anybody explain??

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #12 on: April 08, 2020, 03:49:16 PM
I think the question is how on earth were Scarborough awarded 10 points under the formula when they had to play 4 teams in their remaining fixtures, who already beaten them earlier in the season?

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #13 on: April 08, 2020, 08:41:36 PM
Promoted not Champions....I can hear the chant now.

Level 5 by formula not rugby. If you had honour you'd refuse as you haven't earned it... 🥺

NorthEast1_fan

• Finding my feet
Reply #14 on: April 09, 2020, 10:07:24 AM
As a Morpeth fan, disappointed to have been relegated by the 'formula', but if we were in this situation 12 months ago, we'd be screaming for the formula scenario!

We had started playing some good rugby and were confident of picking up some points in the last 4 games. Too little too late but great to be back amongst some familiar clubs that we enjoy playing (and some new ones). The hope is to bounce back up, but we know it won't be easy!

Congrats to York, you can't argue at their dominance in the league, and best of luck in North Prem. We gave it a crack without the brown envelopes, (which we have always done), and didn't embarrass ourselves. Home form is crucial, and we lost too many of ours! Hopefully you can get on an early role and make a good fist of it! Best of luck.